• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
I just saw the new Mortal Kombat movie trailer and I see some highs and lows:

I have already read a copy of the script and I was not very impressed with it. Mostly because it is somewhat disrespectful to the source material. But adding your own characters and spin to a franchise doesnt necessarily mean it will be bad. But I do not love it. It looks more accurate to the source material than the RE movies at least.

The CGI only looks okay. Goro does not look great. You only see him for a second in the trailer. And a lot of the characters look a little bit off to me. But I do love the original move a lot, so that could just be a personal complaint. But the trailer does show some fatalities going on, so at least those that want their blood and gore fix will be in to it. I just feel like the story looks to be too off from the events of the games to appeal to me. I will still watch it and enjoy it. I enjoy almost every move I see. But I will always dream about what could have been if it disappoints me.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Reaction score
I just saw the new Mortal Kombat movie trailer and I see some highs and lows:

I have already read a copy of the script and I was not very impressed with it. Mostly because it is somewhat disrespectful to the source material. But adding your own characters and spin to a franchise doesnt necessarily mean it will be bad. But I do not love it. It looks more accurate to the source material than the RE movies at least.

The CGI only looks okay. Goro does not look great. You only see him for a second in the trailer. And a lot of the characters look a little bit off to me. But I do love the original move a lot, so that could just be a personal complaint. But the trailer does show some fatalities going on, so at least those that want their blood and gore fix will be in to it. I just feel like the story looks to be too off from the events of the games to appeal to me. I will still watch it and enjoy it. I enjoy almost every move I see. But I will always dream about what could have been if it disappoints me.

Was it the shooting script or an early draft? Not that it makes much of a difference either way, my expectations were low to begin with. Videogame movies usually aren't great as we all very much know, and I, too differentiate enjoyment from quality. No way would I call G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra a good movie, but it is a fun, entertaining one, unlike Retaliation.

Not surprised about the changed story beats, either, no game-to-movie adaptation was 100% accurate to their source material, especially the Paul Anderson Resident Evil films, which were practically REINO (Resident Evil In Name Only) save for a few small details.

Though I definitely came for the gore, or more importantly, the fatalities, which were sorely lacking from the first 2 movies. We have Deadpool to thank for this new hard R cinematic revival, I doubt this movie even gets made if not for Deadpool's smashing success. Let's just hope the rest of the movie checks out or is at least entertaining, though I'm keeping my expectations in check.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
It seemed to be an earlier draft from what I saw in the trailer, so it might be a little bit different. I am still pretty excited to see the movie, but it just scares me to get excited only to be let down! haha.

The choreography and visuals look pretty good. And maybe Goro standing in one place will look better. Heres to hope!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Reaction score
Got my first dose of the vaccine tomorrow afternoon...second one booked in for mid-May.

Also got the dentist booked for Monday, which I'm dreading, because this time I think I really will need a filling and I've never had one before. Terrified of the dentist, me...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
I have unfortunately had multiple fillings when I was teen. It is not a big deal. I recently had all of my fillings replaced in a single day and I was out of back at work after an hour. No stress at all. If you get one, just know that you will be super sensitive to cold items for a while. And you can never chew on foil EVER again.

Also, I have my first vaccine shot tomorrow too! Looking forward to it.