Story & character ideas for Resident Evil 8?

Who to cast for Resident Evil 8?

• Chris Redfield

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Jill Valentine

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Leon Kennedy

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Claire Redfield

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sherry Birkin

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Jake Muller

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Barry Burton

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Moira Burton

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Rebecca Chambers

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Jonipoon

Valentine's valentine
I think my Star Wars reference was pretty tongue in cheek, too. Some things will only be taken seriously if you decide to take them seriously. I was merely responding to the silliness of the topic at hand.

This thing has been blowing out of proportions...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Supporter Diamond
Supporter Gold
Gosh haha. I can't believe we're discussing the literal meaning of Resident Evil. :lol::lol:

KK - I did know your comment was slightly in jest. However, I myself was being serious purely because I find it overly simplistic that returning to the series roots means that a game takes place in an evil residence. I was just commenting on the irony that something you took to mean that the series was going back to its roots was something that I considered very much the opposite.

I guess to sum it up quickly, Resident Evil (to me) is more than a game taking place in an evil residence. That's one of the many, many reasons I despaired at Resident Evil 7. It took a typical horror movie setting from any generic movie, added a few mutated monsters and slapped the Resident Evil title on it because hey, it takes place in an evil residence. I'm not saying that there weren't some elements of the series in there (though for me, there were few), but it wasn't enough. It just didn't work for me.

To bring this back to RE8 - I really hope Capcom takes stock and thinks about what a true Resident Evil game is by carefully considering the story and the characters they put in there. Then again... I'm not really hopeful. I've been disappointed with the new main series entries for a good while now.

Begins in the early stages of Wesker upbringing in umbrella, and his introduction to the T-virus. Clips of the training the team underwent to become umbrella operatives. Almost like a nightmare for Chris and jill. And at the end of the game it leads up to the night they were flying and it goes down screen goes black. Lightning a mansion... and jill & Chris screaming for wesker. Opening scene to resident evil 1 plays. Hardcore end music plays role the credits

Jonipoon

Valentine's valentine
Begins in the early stages of Wesker upbringing in umbrella, and his introduction to the T-virus. Clips of the training the team underwent to become umbrella operatives. Almost like a nightmare for Chris and jill. And at the end of the game it leads up to the night they were flying and it goes down screen goes black. Lightning a mansion... and jill & Chris screaming for wesker. Opening scene to resident evil 1 plays. Hardcore end music plays role the credits
I highly doubt that RE8 is going to be a prequel.