Silent Hills returns WITH Kojima?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Supporter Gold
Jan 21, 2011
The United States of America

I've always had a soft spot for the SH series and this is some pretty exciting news!

I can't say that I have personally played anything by Kojima (Death Stranding does look good though) but I absolutely loved everything about the P.T. demo.
I'm normally against first person games but Team Silent was always reinventing the Silent Hill experience in some way and typically revolved the series around different characters. They also featured a bit of first-person gameplay in SH4 (my favorite from the series) and frankly the demo played as though it were a more enhanced version of SH4 (where the main character is trapped in his apartment/another dimension and dealing with the paranormal). Regardless, there was still a chance part of the game could have been in third person (again, like SH4). Something else that I loved about the P.T. demo was that it reminded me a lot of the book House of Leaves , which Team Silent was heavily influenced by as well.

Between P.T. and the Silent Hills trailer that followed, it was the type of revamp that the series was desperate for if it wanted to survive... honestly P.T. reinvented the survival horror genre and showed other companies, like Capcom (with RE7), that survival horror sells. P.T. had a story that I was really looking forward to unraveling so it was unbelievably disappointing when they announced that it was canceled. I'd be shocked if they actually allowed them to continue making that exact game they previously set out to make but life is full of surprises.
Wow... someone besides me who calls SH4 their favorite... Suddenly I feel vindicated...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
Well, if it ends up being truly false - then that is a heartbreaker. But Aesthetic Gamer said he still believes the rumors even after they have been debunked. I suppose they would want to keep this all hush-hush especially if they couldn't come to an agreement.

I am glad that someone has said that SH4 is their favorite. It is my fourth favorite in the series, but it is still a great game. Very satisfying story. Super creepy. Hated being in first person, but at least it was only for short bursts of time!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
Alright people. Get ready to jump back in to the rumor mill. Ignore the title of this thread. No Kojima this time around. But Aesthetic Gamer has some information that he "thinks" is verifiable. Here is his most recent SH statement:

"Just to clear up some things about Silent Hill PS5, from what I know. 100% things: -In 2018 Konami shopped around with different studios for two pitches to fund development of a reboot & an episodic Silent Hill game. I knew this from a personal friend & an email from from

someone seperately. Neither got the job, but I know this as fact. -In late 2019, a seperate close friend in Japan informed me a Silent Hill game was being developed in Japan that had started dev at the start of 2019. I started doing some personal investigation from this,

A lot of dead ends, but others collaborated this & I did learn about something else which helped later, but promised not to talk about it. I seperate this part of the story as all of that is stuff I can 100% verify. The rest I believe & have been shown solid evidence, but

the following I have evidence to believe, but I can't verify the details (but it is from someone who would know & I verified their identity). So to lay the details of this put straight: -It is developed by Sony Japan Studios & will be PS5 exclusive. -Toyama is directing,

Akira Yaomoka is composing, Masahiro Ito is doing art, various Siren/Gravity Rush devs & some others working on it. -This has nothing to do with Kojima or Silent Hills, that probably is not happening. -Sony is NOT buying IPs, that's bullshit. -The game is NOT a remake, it

is a soft reboot, made so it can be someone's first SH game. -The game is playable & has a demo that will be shown around after reveal. -The details of this are not murky, there should be no miscommunication. Just to lay that all out, if all true (I believe it though)."

Reactions: Albertwesker959

Awebb

Mar 2, 2020
Konami has always used the following script to decide how to incorporate rumors into their marketing:

if $rumor, then say "$rumor is false"

Capcom on the other hand:

if $rumor, then say "if $rumor.retweets >= 1000, then make($rumor)";
if $rumor, then make($rumor)
# rumor.retweets is never read, as they don't really care, but love marketing

Reactions: UniqTeas

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
I do not know what the $ means in those phrases because my programming knowledge boils down to 6 weeks of easy java, but hey, I get what you're putting down. Konami will keep on telling us there is no new SH game until it is revealed later in the Summer. But damn, I am excited for it. Even if it is bad, it'll be good to return to the town. Hope it is good though!

And with that ladies and gentlemen, I have completed my 1000th post! WOOHOO!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Jul 20, 2011
The Hive
I do not know what the $ means in those phrases because my programming knowledge boils down to 6 weeks of easy java, but hey, I get what you're putting down. Konami will keep on telling us there is no new SH game until it is revealed later in the Summer. But damn, I am excited for it. Even if it is bad, it'll be good to return to the town. Hope it is good though!

And with that ladies and gentlemen, I have completed my 1000th post! WOOHOO!
Congrats lol

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Feb 4, 2019
Alright people. Get ready to jump back in to the rumor mill. Ignore the title of this thread. No Kojima this time around. But Aesthetic Gamer has some information that he "thinks" is verifiable. Here is his most recent SH statement:

"Just to clear up some things about Silent Hill PS5, from what I know. 100% things: -In 2018 Konami shopped around with different studios for two pitches to fund development of a reboot & an episodic Silent Hill game. I knew this from a personal friend & an email from from

someone seperately. Neither got the job, but I know this as fact. -In late 2019, a seperate close friend in Japan informed me a Silent Hill game was being developed in Japan that had started dev at the start of 2019. I started doing some personal investigation from this,

A lot of dead ends, but others collaborated this & I did learn about something else which helped later, but promised not to talk about it. I seperate this part of the story as all of that is stuff I can 100% verify. The rest I believe & have been shown solid evidence, but

the following I have evidence to believe, but I can't verify the details (but it is from someone who would know & I verified their identity). So to lay the details of this put straight: -It is developed by Sony Japan Studios & will be PS5 exclusive. -Toyama is directing,

Akira Yaomoka is composing, Masahiro Ito is doing art, various Siren/Gravity Rush devs & some others working on it. -This has nothing to do with Kojima or Silent Hills, that probably is not happening. -Sony is NOT buying IPs, that's bullshit. -The game is NOT a remake, it

is a soft reboot, made so it can be someone's first SH game. -The game is playable & has a demo that will be shown around after reveal. -The details of this are not murky, there should be no miscommunication. Just to lay that all out, if all true (I believe it though)."
I'm actually pretty excited about this, if the rumor are true... Who better than the original silent hill team creator can make a new silent hill game after so many year

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
Thanks Rain! haha

And Wesker959 - I completely agree. The cast to make this game is good assuming any part of this rumor is true. This rumor is SO specific, but Konami love to keep their secrets for better or for worse. I will keep an eye on the situation, but there are many planned game announcements in June, so I suppose we'll see if this gets an OFFICIAL next gen announcement pretty soon.

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks Rain! haha

And Wesker959 - I completely agree. The cast to make this game is good assuming any part of this rumor is true. This rumor is SO specific, but Konami love to keep their secrets for better or for worse. I will keep an eye on the situation, but there are many planned game announcements in June, so I suppose we'll see if this gets an OFFICIAL next gen announcement pretty soon.
Sony has confirmed that he will reveal some really great game alongside the ps5, so probably one of this game could be silent hill for ps5, and they can show it during the ps5 official reveal

Edit: now that I think about it, if they reveal a new silent hill, it will probably be the right moment for me to play the series from the first one to the last one... If i manage to understand how XD

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Oct 7, 2018
Sweden
It seems as if this is the new rumored ”Silent Hill” game that everyone’s been speculating about. Sigh. A licensed version of Dead by Daylight.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
I think this is just a tactic to gain interest in the series before releasing an actual announcement for the new SH game. At least I hope. The last time I thought a new SH was about to be announced, we got a pachinko machine so anything is on the table. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Jul 20, 2011
The Hive
I think this is just a tactic to gain interest in the series before releasing an actual announcement for the new SH game. At least I hope. The last time I thought a new SH was about to be announced, we got a pachinko machine so anything is on the table. haha
This was what I was thinking too. I feel like Silent Hill has fallen out of mainstream and it would make sense to re introduce it in a game that is still popular. This is similar to what happened with Pokemon Go vs Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu and Sword and Shield.

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Feb 4, 2019
It seems as if this is the new rumored ”Silent Hill” game that everyone’s been speculating about. Sigh. A licensed version of Dead by Daylight.

So it was just an event for dead by daylight lol

But it can also mean something
Like that prince of persia event in For Honor
Maybe they are actually working on some game

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
There is a PS5 event on June 3rd. Maybe we'll find out more then.

I am hoping for a lot of big announcements.

RE8, Silent Hill, Spiderman 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, God of War 2, Pokemon Snap 2 (Not Sony and not realistic, but a MAN can dream!), the next Uncharted, new Jak and Daxter, Final Fantasy 16, etc.

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Feb 4, 2019
There is a PS5 event on June 3rd. Maybe we'll find out more then.

I am hoping for a lot of big announcements.

RE8, Silent Hill, Spiderman 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, God of War 2, Pokemon Snap 2 (Not Sony and not realistic, but a MAN can dream!), the next Uncharted, new Jak and Daxter, Final Fantasy 16, etc.
I hope so, but I'm taking my expectations really low... They can reveal nothing or everything

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
Of course, I don't expect anything at all.

I am HOPING for a lot. But I understand that this could be just a show of the PS5 design and power again.

I forgot to mention in my list above: New Batman Arkham Game. Man, I love that series.

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Feb 4, 2019
Of course, I don't expect anything at all.

I am HOPING for a lot. But I understand that this could be just a show of the PS5 design and power again.

I forgot to mention in my list above: New Batman Arkham Game. Man, I love that series.

Sony just revealed this official teaser, so yeah the console along many other game will be shown... Definitely something, expectation are higher now ahahaah

Also kojima confirmed that the rumor of Sony acquiring silent hill and metal gear are fake but maybe he is just saying it on purpose to makes everything more misterious