• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 remake!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Reaction score
I really hope that's not the case.

RipvanX

Reaction score
It’s no better than Matrix Wesker, Enhanced C-Virus and Megamycete/Cadou mutations literally creating mythological creatures and super powered characters that belong in Marvel/DC/X-Men universes. Seeing Leon jumping out of windows, doing roundhouse kicks, and parrying chainsaws seems pretty tame in comparison. I’ll take the action hero route everytime over the superpower shenanigans.

In regards to the dead forums; I think a lot has to do with how oversaturated RE4 releases have been throughout the decades, hence the video making fun of that. There are people who are also skeptical after how poorly RE:3 was treated, then we get Re:Verse and a Netflix show no one asked for that left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

Regardless, I am still hype for this reimagining and seeing what they cut out. Hopefully the minigun and military enemies are nowhere to be found. If I had it my way, the military and superpower stuff would of NEVER touched this franchise. If they keep iterating they are going for a more “grounded” approach for these new RE Engine games, than they need to keep all that nonsense out.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
Leon even did a Matrix-styled anime jump through the window which had my eyes rolling
He didn't though... Yes, he jumped through the window, but it was far more realistic looking than the original. He actually covers his face, tucks his legs in, and falls straight down onto his feet before he rolls. The only thing I'd consider silly about it is the superhero landing and the speed of the whole animation. But that's nothing compared to the ridiculous head first through the window flipping in mid-air animation from the original.

Gun Powder B

Reaction score
The footage we got and also 'Shadows of Rose' demonstrated that they are at least dabbling into stealth-like gameplay, which I think could be a positive, but only if they do it right. Every attempt Capcom has made thus far at incorporating stealth has been fairly shallow, but I think there could be potential.

Really can't say I was impressed with the rest, it just struck me as a carbon copy of 2005 RE4 and none of the little additional gameplay gimmicks were able to stand out from that.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
He didn't though... Yes, he jumped through the window, but it was far more realistic looking than the original. He actually covers his face, tucks his legs in, and falls straight down onto his feet before he rolls. The only thing I'd consider silly about it is the superhero landing and the speed of the whole animation. But that's nothing compared to the ridiculous head first through the window flipping in mid-air animation from the original.
Fair enough. I've only played RE4 once so my memory has faded a bit...

It begs the question though how much stealth will actually play into the tactics of gameplay. Will it be helpful in smaller areas where you might be low on ammo and have to sneak up or past enemies? Will it be useful at all? Because if the game throws as much ammo and health at you as Village did, you might as well blast your way through them. Hopefully it's not just a shiny gimmick.

Gun Powder B

Reaction score
Hopefully it's not just a shiny gimmick.

It probably will be for RE4R, the question is the scale of it. If we can get the impression that they are "going in that direction" to a certain degree, as with 'Shadows of Rose', then I'm thinking stealth and espionage could be a viable option in RE9 or Revelations 3 (whichever they decide to do first).

I don't think that would be a bad thing for the franchise if they branch out a little bit with gameplay options. Borrowing a page from 'The Evil Within' or 'Prey (2017)' which had three different skill trees with emphasis on combat, stealth, and science, would allow for more diverse playstyles. They would have to achieve this without diluting the survival horror nature of the franchise though.

Supernatural "bioweapons" in the franchise are bad but let's face it, a narrow focus on action gunplay superhero protagonists isn't any better.