• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil 4 Remake Announcement Date:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I mean, don't get me wrong, here's hoping remake will kick ass if it just goes to next gen consoles and everything, but the feeling i get from some of the comments i hear and people i talked to, mostly console players i suppose, is how they don't see the point in buying PS5 just to play RE 4 remake. It seems everyone is always 50-50 about PS5, either they love it or don't care about it after hearing all the **** and complaints, and how it's not worth spending money on it. Would i agree with this? I'm not sure, but if someone would ask me, i would agree with any points that RE 4 remake needs PS4 version.
That happens with every generation. There's always going to be people who don't want to justify upgrading but that's no reason for developers to waste their time with last gen hardware. The PS5 has already hit 20 million sales, Microsoft no longer shares sales numbers but everything considered, they seem to be in a far better place now than they were last gen. At some point, they gotta move on. Maybe people won't buy a next gen console for RE4, but you know they sure will for Call of Duty. It's all about priorities, and for me personally, RE4 would be reason enough to upgrade.

@Jonipoon That's a great point. With Playstation specifically, I never did understand how they advertised a bunch of games as PS5 exclusives when they were secretly PS4 games and the fact that Village was also capable of running on last gen hardware was suspicious despite them claiming it was a next gen exclusive. The pandemic really exposed Playstation there, but with Village, I got the impression more that they didn't initially want to bother with last gen ports and wouldn't if they couldn't get it to work properly. The game might have even been delayed for this reason too as they didn't want their sales to be impacted by COVID.

From what we've seen, there's absolutely nothing about it that looks like it has to be next-gen exclusive if it is still working off of Village's assets. But now that we're further into the console generation, they probably just don't see any reason to make the same exception they did with Village. Even Gotham Knights' last gen port was recently cancelled. Could be a technical or budgetary thing, but if they can't deliver an optimal experience, people would just complain anyway.

Ark2000

Reaction score
From what we've seen, there's absolutely nothing about it that looks like it has to be next-gen exclusive if it is still working off of Village's assets. But now that we're further into the console generation, they probably just don't see any reason to make the same exception they did with Village. Even Gotham Knights' last gen port was recently cancelled. Could be a technical or budgetary thing, but if they can't deliver an optimal experience, people would just complain anyway.
This got me thinking. Like any other company, Capcom would probably go with more succesful release plan, but question is, what would that be? Meaning, from their point of view, would it be more succesful to release both the PS4 and PS5 versions of RE 4 remake, or like you said, just go with PS5. Yeah, there are definitely people who would buy PS5 just for certain game (in this case RE 4 remake) despite what others have said about the console, but how much are we talking about here.

I'm thinking maybe we should wait for some time to see will we indeed get another Village-like surprise and have the game on both consoles.

@Ark2000 I'm pretty sure Capcom won't rush this remake out like they did with RE3. By rushing I mean cutting out about 50% of the game. They know that RE4 is a huge fan favorite just like RE2, however that doesn't mean they won't change a few things in terms of story, locations, characters and monsters.

Speaking of next-gen, wasn't Village originally revealed as a next-gen exclusive as well? There's always the possibility that they will reveal last-gen versions for PS4, etc later this year.
You might be right about Capcom being more careful with this one. Let's not forget, there was that report earlier last year i believe, about how earlier version of RE 4 remake was scrapped for several reasons, including reactions on RE 3 remake, so if this is true, it could mean that they don't want to risk messing things up with this game as well.

And again, about possibilty of RE 4 remake getting PS4 release. Even though we got a trailer which says it's PS5 exclusive, let's keep in mind that there is still about nine months from release, during which a lot more things will be revealed and announced, and something else could happen too.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does every female character in Resident Evil these days look kind of... the same in terms of facial features?

This is the new remake version of Ashley and she looks basically like Mia and Rosemary Winters.

You must be registered for see images