• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil 4 Remake Announcement Date:

Carl190

Reaction score
Hi Guys? When announcement date Resident Evil 4 Remake?

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
Getting Village vibes which is a little off putting, but overall, looks amazing. I'm pumped.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Reaction score
If this has gameplay like the RE2/RE3 remakes, I'm so, so in!
But if it's 1st person, it's yet another RE I have to skip.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
If this has gameplay like the RE2/RE3 remakes, I'm so, so in!
But if it's 1st person, it's yet another RE I have to skip.
Seems like it'll have both since they confirmed VR is coming for it.

Mr.R

Reaction score
For this trailer, it seems the game will try to be more 'serious'. That doesn't bother me (although Apostolidis juvenile voice does. Think I'm still too used to Mercier and Mercer as Leon), but I think I'll miss the silly humor of the original RE4. This can be a good thing though, since RE4's characterization can be hit or miss with people. As for the rest, I think we can only wait. It's an unnecessary remake? Yes. I'll play it? Also yes.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. His voice was fine when he was portraying a young rookie. But I always liked how Leon was characterized as colder and hardened in everything after RE2 and Nick definitely isn't pulling that off.

Gun Powder B

Reaction score
No gameplay unfortunately but I can't imagine it sucking too badly if it has RE2R and RE3R mechanics. Let's just hope they flesh it out (not intended) and it doesn't feel rushed. Whilst Capcom is a large studio, I think 2 years development should be pretty adequate, but it is still cutting it pretty close. We will see.

For this trailer, it seems the game will try to be more 'serious'.

That is the trend these days. Everything has to be darker and more serious than it was 20 or so years ago. Mood of the era I guess (funny enough it was the same way in WW2, all movies released back then were super serious and kinda dark).

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn good. It’s obviously not a necessary remake, at least by way of graphics, but I’m hyped to see it receive the more grounded and serious treatment that the recent installments and remakes have had. I don’t think they’ll change too much but I hope the changes that are made start to make the series feel more cohesive.

Love the music choice for the trailer.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
I am hoping that it is an actual remake rather than another re-imagining. Here is a theory, I think from what we have seen is that Ashly is going to be more of a playable character, maybe there will be chapters dedicated to her as she is more of a puzzle solver while Leon does what he does best.

Gun Powder B

Reaction score
I am hoping that it is an actual remake rather than another re-imagining.
RE1: Remake
RE2: Remake
RE3: Re-imaging
RE4: Hopefully both! I think they could REimagine the plot a little (@bSTAR_182 said it well: make it more cohesive) but REmake the gameplay to more modern standards with graphics and gameplay similar to the best we've seen from RE Engine (RE2R and RE3R were well optimized but strangely 'Village' was not).

It's how they do it that counts, and pretty simple really, if they put time, money, and effort into it Capcom still does have talent to pull it off. If they treat it as a cashgrab and slap an RE4 label on it after a short development span then we get a game that doesn't live up to it's potential (RE3R).

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Reaction score
I hope they bring back Mercenaries mode this time (he says every time, but never gets it)...

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
The more serious tone is a welcome change since I was never a big fan of RE4's campiness, but for some reason I still can't get over the fact that this remake isn't needed. The original is what it is but it's still a very enjoyable game that holds up in terms of graphics and gameplay. Plus it's already in over-the-shoulder perspective, AND it got a seemingly well-done VR port in 2021 so what new experience could this remake possibly have to offer besides pretty visuals and a toned-down story that will still be pretty cheesy in the end?

Besides, it looks too much like VIllage.

Gun Powder B

Reaction score
I like how everyone on 4Chan is bitching about the game being too 'Western' and not 'Japanese' enough. It's like DURR Japan is a vassal state of the U.S. and has been since 1945, never understood this whole otherworldly obsession with mythical Japanese culture especially considering that it is America's bitch/sex slave/whatever.

Ark2000

Reaction score
Pretty good for a first trailer, honestly i don't think i've seen any RE game trailer that made me think it was going to be a very good game ever since RE 2 remake was first shown. Like i'm sure it is for many other people and fans, RE 4 was a huge part of my childhood and one of my all time favorite games, so this remake is one which i'm hoping and praying will be one of the best (if not the best?) video game remakes ever. And it is the one remake which Capcom better not **** up, since original is considered to be a cult classic for a good reason. Right now, there are only two things that are worrying me about the remake;

1. Based on some leaks and rumors, some of the enemies will be cut from the game. I hope this is not true, because i'm one of those who felt how cutting the enemies from RE 2 and RE 3 remakes was a big mistake. But, if Capcom actually just cuts down the number of same enemies, like only including one El Gigante or one Garrador, now that i can agree with. Hell, if they figure out the right way to do it, i'd go with just having one Regenerator/Iron Maiden which could be some additional big boss fight.

2. Remake being PS5 exclusive. No disrespect to those who got PS5 and love the **** out of it, but i really was left unimpressed by anything about it. I think Capcom should also include PS4 edition of the remake, and who knows, maybe some other fans feel the same way.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
2. Remake being PS5 exclusive. No disrespect to those who got PS5 and love the **** out of it, but i really was left unimpressed by anything about it. I think Capcom should also include PS4 edition of the remake, and who knows, maybe some other fans feel the same way.
It's definitely not a PS5 exclusive. Unless you mean exclusive to next gen consoles and honestly, I'm okay with it. By the time the game releases, we'll be 3 years into the new generation of consoles, and it's really about time developers started focusing on the new hardware. Especially after the disasters games like Cyberpunk and Halo Infinite went through, which could have probably been avoided if they just completely scrapped the last gen versions.

Ark2000

Reaction score
It's definitely not a PS5 exclusive. Unless you mean exclusive to next gen consoles and honestly, I'm okay with it. By the time the game releases, we'll be 3 years into the new generation of consoles, and it's really about time developers started focusing on the new hardware. Especially after the disasters games like Cyberpunk and Halo Infinite went through, which could have probably been avoided if they just completely scrapped the last gen versions.
I don't know about that. I mean, don't get me wrong, here's hoping remake will kick ass if it just goes to next gen consoles and everything, but the feeling i get from some of the comments i hear and people i talked to, mostly console players i suppose, is how they don't see the point in buying PS5 just to play RE 4 remake. It seems everyone is always 50-50 about PS5, either they love it or don't care about it after hearing all the **** and complaints, and how it's not worth spending money on it. Would i agree with this? I'm not sure, but if someone would ask me, i would agree with any points that RE 4 remake needs PS4 version.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
@Ark2000 I'm pretty sure Capcom won't rush this remake out like they did with RE3. By rushing I mean cutting out about 50% of the game. They know that RE4 is a huge fan favorite just like RE2, however that doesn't mean they won't change a few things in terms of story, locations, characters and monsters.

Speaking of next-gen, wasn't Village originally revealed as a next-gen exclusive as well? There's always the possibility that they will reveal last-gen versions for PS4, etc later this year.