RE5 or RE6?

Albertwesker959

@Albertwesker959 I think you're having a problem understanding what an "Opinion" is. Which, to be fair, lots of people do. An opinion, is what you think about something subjective. Something that can't be an objective fact. For example, a favorite color. Your favorite color being green is an opinion. You can't PROVE Green is better than any other color. A fact is something like, the earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. This will always be true. You can't say "My opinion is the earth is the 2nd planet." Because it's not an opinion. It is factually wrong. You can objectively prove it as such. Opinions are ONLY for things that have no ojbectivity to them. So in this case. You're wrong. The mechanics aren't inherently "Useless," because than can be of use. You simply can't have an opinion about this, because it isn't a subjective statement.
I find cover, dodging and doing all that things useless in a game like re 6 and bad implement, it's not a fact that they have a use or are good... Explain me what is the purpose of cover in leon campaign for example? Or rolling while you are on the floor? Or dodging?

I only used this cover sisyem and dodging sometime on Chris campaign on the hardest difficulty and for some stealth in ada campaign, but for the rest of the game they were completely uselles, never used the m once...

Its turo s opinion that they were good and useful...

For me they were uselles if for other people were of use than good for them XD but ist not a fact

Also game play mechanic can be opinione since everyone had its play style...
Example: in mgs someone can find uselles the rolling move, other didn't, or in tekken someone can find a character less useful than another for his play stile, or in call of duty modern warfare i can find the m4 more useful and the sniper rifle uselles while is the complete opposite for other people, I can also find the night vision Google useless while other find a use in it, and this apply to all gameplay mechanic in every game... There areb't fact about gameplay

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Supporter Gold
I find cover, dodging and doing all that things useless in a game like re 6 and bad implement, it's not a fact that they have a use or are good... Explain me what is the purpose of cover in leon campaign for example? Or rolling while you are on the floor? Or dodging?

I only used this cover sisyem and dodging sometime on Chris campaign on the hardest difficulty and for some stealth in ada campaign, but for the rest of the game they were completely uselles, never used the m once...

Its turo s opinion that they were good and and of use...

For me they were uselles if for other people were of use than good for them XD but ist not a fact
You just admitted to using them...Therefore, by definition...They're not useless. Because they garnered use. Now, you may not LIKE them. You may think they're poorly implemented. Whatever case you wanna make for them. But because it is a working mechanic that garners use, it isn't "Useless."

Also, yes, a gameplay mechanic can be an opinion. But using proper language matters. Saying something is good or bad. Yeah. That's an opinion. Saying something is "useless" when that is verifiably false, is not an opinion.

Albertwesker959

You just admitted to using them...Therefore, by definition...They're not useless. Because they garnered use. Now, you may not LIKE them. You may think they're poorly implemented. Whatever case you wanna make for them. But because it is a working mechanic that garners use, it isn't "Useless."

Also, yes, a gameplay mechanic can be an opinion. But using proper language matters. Saying something is good or bad. Yeah. That's an opinion. Saying something is "useless" when that is verifiably false, is not an opinion.
I only use them 3 times, for the rest of the game they where useless, I use them for 10 minutes in harder difficulty, for the rest of the 50 hour of gameplay in story mode and other 100 hour of gameplay in mercenaries mode they were completely useless....
Maybe I should have write this before, so no argument would have been created around the world uselles

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think that is a validated opinion. I think we are being too strict with the term "useless" here. Obviously, you can play the game with these mechanics and sometimes are shoehorned in - but they are not necessary. Even objectively, they have little to no value and we can still use the term "useless" to describe them in this sense.

People use the term useless like this all the time. Would having a second watch on your wrist be useless? According to the description we have created in this thread - the second watch is useful because you can use it. But why use it ever? It doesn't add any value to what you already have. Maybe there are situations you could use a second watch (if the first one breaks or using one as a stopwatch) - but I think the term "useless" would be justified to describe the second watch. But after all - that's just my OPINION.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think that is a validated opinion. I think we are being too strict with the term "useless" here. Obviously, you can play the game with these mechanics and sometimes are shoehorned in - but they are not necessary. Even objectively, they have little to no value and we can still use the term "useless" to describe them in this sense.

People use the term useless like this all the time. Would having a second watch on your wrist be useless? According to the description we have created in this thread - the second watch is useful because you can use it. But why use it ever? It doesn't add any value to what you already have. Maybe there are situations you could use a second watch (if the first one breaks or using one as a stopwatch) - but I think the term "useless" would be justified to describe the second watch. But after all - that's just my OPINION.
To say the mechanics have objectively little to no use or are unnecessary because you don't have to use them is absurd. You don't have to dive in Max Payne, you don't have to use the knife in Resident Evil 4, you don't have to punch in Halo, that doesn't make it unnecessary when there are advantages to it and is part of the gameplay experience and fun of the game.

Your watch analogy doesn't work. If you said a 2nd watch is useless except for when you use it, then your entire "opinion" comes crumbling down, therefore it is not valid.