• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
The original Pokemon Red and Blue are a little hard to play after you have enjoyed the quality of life updates in later games... and have seen the art. But there is a certain charm to the older versions that still draw a lot of people. I would typically play Fire Red and Leaf Green to get that experience, especially because I can emulate them on my phone easily, but I have to give props to someone playing the OG games in 2021. haha.

Glad to hear someone had a good time with RE7. It is a fairly divisive title, but I also really enjoyed it. I mean, the complaints about the game are real and legitimate, but I never really let that effect my personal view of the game. The atmosphere is really intense and fun.

SpaceOwlHoot

Reaction score
Actually just finished Resident Evil 6 for the first time. Some sections of the game felt very familiar so I think I might have played the game a long time ago and just didn't remember...nor did I care to finish it back then.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
I've been finishing and trying out a lot of games recently which is very unusual for me. I don't really consider myself a hardcore gamer by any means but I guess now and then I simply just "get the feeling" especially when there's so many good discounts on the PS store. That's one reason why I haven't really been online for most of the summer so far , the other reasons being work, hanging out with friends and just enjoying the good weather. But yeah, I've been pretty busy.

Around early June I finally gave in and completed RE7 in about 3 days out of pure boredom, having previously only watched the game through let'splays. The game was precisely as bad as I knew it would be, and I never really felt that I was playing a RE game. Ever. But it only cost me 5 bucks so it was worth it. I definitely enjoyed the early parts of the game the most, but as soon as the Molded appeared everything just became repetitive and lacking in fun. All the characters are stupid and make stupid decisions all the time, plus there are too many illogical plot points that makes no sense. Like why isn't Zoe affected like the rest of the Baker's, and why is Mia the only one to shift between normal face and ugly face? Bleh. The game was also way too easy and offered no challenges whatsoever. 4/10

After that, things got better. Way way WAY better. I picked up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and had an absolute blast from start to finish. Holy sh*t I was not expecting this game to be as good as it is. Not only did they get the lore right, they did it 100000 times better than any other Star Wars project since Disney's acquisition and managed to tell a better and more original story than all of the sequel films combined. I've never played a Star Wars game with such amazing lightsaber combatics that makes the lightsaber feel like it's been taken straight out of the movies. Even though we're still not able to slice human enemies apart (damn PG13), it's not that big of a deal to me. The progression system is spot on and I loved how Cal, the main character, gradually "re-learned" his previous Jedi powers through certain situations that triggered strong memories. Also, thank god there was no political BS in this game, which is something that worried me from the start considering Lucasfilm's recent history with taking a huge dump at everything they touch. Luckily this game was made by an exernal developer with Lucasfilm only sending in 1-2 consultants to help. Those guys at Respawn are definitely bigger Star Wars fans than any employee at Lucasfilm at the moment. We even got a potential female love interest for the main male character who is probably the best original female character to come out of Star Wars for ages. My only gripe with the game is that it's too short and offers no interesting unlockables after completing it. The clothing customization is terrible, not that it ruins the rest of the game in any way but they made a mistake by not including more clothing options besides the ugly ponchos. 9/10

My journey continued. I picked up Life is Strange shortly thereafter and ended up falling in love with it. Everything from the story, characters, soundtrack, setting, atmosphere, mood, you name it - completely mesmerized me. Strange how this game has gone completely under my radar for the past 6 years since it came out. While it does have its flaws, mostly in terms of how certain characters' motives are explained, it is nontheless a beautifully crafted game with some pretty good emotional twists that qualifies as tearjerkers. It's only been a month since I completed it but I'm actually replaying it right now, lol. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about any of the sequels to the series. I speeded through Life of Strange: Before the Storm and Life is Strange 2 as soon as I finished the first one, and both are very mediocre stories with non-sensical plots, stupid characters, and sadly lots of political stuff. The second game especially is so overtly political that many moments made me laugh my ass off by the cringe handling of it all. So nah, this series feels definitely like a "one hit wonder" to me. The first one is still gold - 9/10

Lastly, before I started replaying LiS I bought Control and gave it a quick try. What absolute trash garbage of a game. I stopped playing after a few hours because the main character was so boring and the story was uninspiring. It's insane how this game was able to win so many gaming awards.... It's definitely one of the worst games I've ever played. 2/10

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
Life is Strange is so good and just clever. But it really has a heart which makes sure you are never ready for the powerful decisions you make. I have never played the second one, but the first one is such an epic tale. It has clever puzzles, unique characters, and it really ups the ante with every chapter. Some areas are filled with so much charm and wonderment. And other sections are horrifying and powerful. It is one of those games I wish I could forget the story just so I could experience it again.

A very easy platinum to get as well, so that is a nifty addition!