• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 How would you change RE5's story?

mert20004

Reaction score
Wanted to create this just like creating one for re6.

How would you change the game's story?

Imo;

1. Add barry and rebecca to main story.
2. Jill doesnt get captured by wesker and is partnered with barry.
3. A longer re5 lin.
4. Chris is partnered with rebecca while sheva is partnered with josh.
5. More uroboros monsters along with a more lethal version.

I would like to see more opinions.

Magnolia Grandiflora

Kahnum of Outworld
Reaction score
I think the main thing I wish was different is that Jill went with Chris after she was rescued to finish Wesker and Desperate Escape featured a Sheva/Josh team-up. I feel like that would've given everyone a better feeling about what happened in RE5. That was my biggest gripe with Sheva when I first played the game; she took a spot in the final battle I didn't think she deserved.

I would've also liked it if they had Sheva be a little more decisive when things started to hit the fan. She went from telling Chris they needed to get out of there to going with him because they were partners. They could've improved on her character/dialogue to make her seem less throwaway.

And to that effect, they could have dialed back the emphasis on partners throughout. (And not just with Sheva. That word is extremely overused in game.)

Perhaps most importantly, though: Doug should've lived.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
I think if this is going to work I think that the main character should be Chris, and him alone. It is simply not fun at all when you have an AI partner in this game, simply annoying. Chris is apart of BSAA, and has been sent into Kijuju after it has been struck in a BOW attack that turned almost everyone there into Manjini. Excella and Wesker are still a thing, and I know one thing, the final battle will not take place in a Volcano.

Hardware

Reaction score
It's only wishful thinking, but...

- Sheva as a militia member as originally envisioned - and, even if she's still BSAA, no two-players campaign\storytelling. She could have her own scenario (like RE1 and 2) or be playable for some parts of the story (like RE3, C:V and RE4)
- No Plagas but faster zombies (again, as it was the original plan)
- Lost in Nightmares being the actual opening of the game
- No brainwashed Jill in a tight spandex suit (her being in suspended animation and given for dead is enough)
- A bit more background on Tricell
- No Wesker Children (Wesker kind of became a sort of villainous Mary Sue with that last bit)
- Some background on what Wesker did between Code: Veronica and RE5 (a different RE4 would've been required)
- Wesker being the only one who is planning on infecting the whole world by deceiving everyone else (it's hard to believe people would help him)
- No Matrix-style bs
- No volcano
- No boulder punching

Last edited:

andrew1598753

Reaction score
I would've kept Umbrella alive, the death of umbrella meant the death of the franchise to me.

RE5 would've been as if Umbrella secretly had a subsidiary in Kijuju that goes by the name "Tricell".
Wesker works for the organization but doesn't know that Tricell is secretly Umbrella's subsidiary who remains in the area to still conduct research on the progenitor virus and Excella is the appointed director of that company, that Wesker doesn't know is related to Umbrella.

As for Spencer, we could extend his life a little bit in RE5 and add a few new characters to represent main scientists and executives in the new umbrella that no one knows about.
And then we can just end the game with Wesker killing Excella after somehow knowing about her involvement with the new umbrella, and fleeing with his unfinished research to an unknown location, while the new Umbrella destroys their lab research in Kijuju to bury any sign of that research.

Not only this kept the real RE story going, but it also opens doors for more ideas for future games, such as the rivalry between Umbrella and the organization, and their activities and experiments on going, and the main characters (Leon, Chris, Ada, ect...) still having some sort of involvement.

Last edited: