• Use TMP instead of Handgun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use TMP instead of Shotgun

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Use TMP with both

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

I know there are people who don't use the TMP. I personally haven't. But I've heard some people do. I know a friend liked using it as crowd control instead of a shotgun.

KevinStriker

Too many hands on my time, too many feelings...
None of the above, I guess? I use the TMP for specific situations like the minecart section and killing problem enemies, meaning I have it for most of the game alongside my Red9, Striker and Semi-auto Rifle (I sell the Broken Butterfly you can find in the Castle).
By the time I reach the Island, that's when I sell it for cash and space in my inventory.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I suppose I use the TMP rather than my general handgun in most situations, but I keep all of the weaponry available. I will throw away grenades and health before getting rid of weapons and ammo. I don't think the TMP is the most useful weapon in the game, but it is better than most of the handguns ESPECIALLY in a quick pinch.

Murrdogg93

I suppose I use the TMP rather than my general handgun in most situations, but I keep all of the weaponry available. I will throw away grenades and health before getting rid of weapons and ammo. I don't think the TMP is the most useful weapon in the game, but it is better than most of the handguns ESPECIALLY in a quick pinch.
Forgot to add that option, using TMP with both weapon types. I intended to. It's there now.

Murrdogg93

None of the above, I guess? I use the TMP for specific situations like the minecart section and killing problem enemies, meaning I have it for most of the game alongside my Red9, Striker and Semi-auto Rifle (I sell the Broken Butterfly you can find in the Castle).
By the time I reach the Island, that's when I sell it for cash and space in my inventory.
Seems odd. I mean if you didn't buy it, you'd get more ammo for your other weapons. So if you only use it in very few moments, you can just theoretically use the other weapons.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My use of the TMP is conditional, usually on ammo availability. The handgun that you are given from the start is very good, especially when tuned up all the way, so I would never replace the handgun with it. The shotgun is very necessary (in my opinion) in Professional mode and so I wouldn't replace it either. That being said, I use the shotgun pretty strategically, mostly in boss fights, when I'm surrounded by parasites with no flash bangs, or when I have no other ammo.

I don't generally prefer to use machine pistols unless I'm playing a game with top notch melee ability to supplement it's function, which is to be used in short bursts (it kills me when when people spray and pray) to subdue the target temporarily in order to finish them with melee attacks.

At the end of the day, my favorite gun is and always will be the bolt action rifle and it's not uncommon for me to use it, along with a sidearm, through the entire playthrough. That sidearm is usually not the TMP.

Mr.R

I also don't throw away weapons. I prefer to throw away grenades if I need to, or even health (or ammo, if it's too much. For example, I might throw away handgun bullets if I have two maxed out boxes).
My use of the TMP is sporadic. It can be good for a quick fix, but it's mostly especially good against certain bosses (The El Gigante, Bitorez, Ramon's eyeball. It's also good against the Verdugo, if he didn't died with all of the canisters and Magnum shots, you can spray some TMP on him and he'll be dead in no time.). In all truth, the TMP loses most of its importance (In my playthroughs) when I get to the island, but I keep with me for emergencies.