• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Ethan in RE Village

arrman6

Reaction score
I know it's kinda late to post this cause I forgot my passwordbut I'm happy that Ethan is going to be a main protagonist of this game and I am very happily to say I jinxed it.But what do you guys think about Ethan being the main protagonist.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
Ethan...IMO, he did not give a good impression in RE7. I couldn't really bring myself to like him, and thought he would be better as a one shot protagonist...but imagine my surprise that he is back for RE8 and I cannot wrap my head around as to why. I get that RE7 was successful, but who on Earth asked for his return as the main character again? I know I didn't clamor for it, and i'm pretty sure most people didn't either, or at the very least was indifferent. I guess that they wanted to give him a second chance? Its just baffling to me, but I am willing to give him another chance, it might be better this time. :cautious:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
I would have preferred to give someone else the spotlight, but I do not hate Ethan as much as a lot of the folks around here. haha.

I just want to learn more about him and connect him more to the Universe. But we do have so many characters that have been missing from the spot light for so long. Honestly, I would rather remove Chris from the game because he and Leon have been in too many of the most recent games. But I suppose the Ethan and Chris connection adds up from the ending of RE7.

RipvanX

Reaction score
Hopefully they can pull an Issac Clark and give him more personality. If he fails to leave an impression in RE8 as well, then it’s time to kill him off and move on to greener pastures.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
His story comes to an end.

Murrdogg93

Reaction score
I think the problem with Ethan in RE 7 was that it was everyone else's story. Ethan's only attachment was Mia.
I honestly think it would have been more compelling if Zoe was the main character, having to fight her twisted family to help free Mia & Ethan.
I am much more interested in what Village will be like since Ethan seems to have more of the story focus than he did in RE 7.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Reaction score
I dont personally understand how anyone could like Ethan at all.

Ethan is *You* technically.

You have no backstory, and no real reason to do the things he does. Now we're going to be looking through his eyes again but apparently he's a celebrity to everyone involved now.

I dont buy it, nor do I understand it.