• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Do You Prefer Playing as Leon or Claire?

Do you prefer playing as Leon or Claire?

• Leon

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Claire

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
Poor Claire got the bowgun in the original game and I could not imagine a more useless weapon in the series. It does not eve remotely help with large scale zombie hordes or any real enemies. I use it to kill moth larvae in the lab mostly. She does eventually get the Grenade Launcher which is so great, but man, that bowgun was not given any sort of use.

Wesker90

Reaction score
Usually Claire I just think her arc is a bit more interesting.

MellowYellow

Reaction score
Poor Claire got the bowgun in the original game and I could not imagine a more useless weapon in the series. It does not eve remotely help with large scale zombie hordes or any real enemies. I use it to kill moth larvae in the lab mostly. She does eventually get the Grenade Launcher which is so great, but man, that bowgun was not given any sort of use.

What? The bowgun works wonders against zombie hordes and can hold its own on bosses. In fact, I usually just skip the grenade launcher completely because it's clunky and juggling 3 different ammo types in your inventory is more of a pain than anything. I can make do just fine with the 6 shot revolver and the bowgun, and may pick up the spark shot if I'm too lazy to carefully dodge the lickers in the laboratory.

Zombies and dogs: Revolver + Knife
Lickers: Dodge completely (or use spark shot in the laboratory area that contains 4 of them).
Spiders: Dodge completely
Plants: Dodge or kill 1 or 2 with Revolver
Bosses: Bowgun

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Reaction score
I typically save the bowgun for rooms full of zombies. After 20 shots, they are finally dead. Maybe I am just using it wrong? But I cannot and maybe will not (?) believe it is more effective than the grenade launcher. lol

Reaction score
I prefer playing as Claire because I love my RE ladies. Leon is great, but Claire is great to look at, and has Redfield blood in her veins! Also, screw the headache that is Ada's part in Leon's campaign. That entire section is such a damn chore to get through.