• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space Remake Announced

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
Let's f*cking go!
You must be registered for see medias

While the idea of remaking a game like Dead Space seems absurd considering Dead Space can be considered a modern game with modern gaming conventions, technology has advanced quite a ways since the days of the 360 and PS3 that complete total reimaginings like what we saw with Resident Evil 2 just seem worth exploring. Especially with a dormant series like Dead Space and after everything Motive had to say to IGN about their intentions and goal with the remake, I'm completely on board for this. This isn't just big for Dead Space but for survival horror as a genre.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Reaction score
I’m all for this! The teaser looks great.

Mr.R

Reaction score
On one hand, I would prefer them to continue the story and create something new. On the other, the first Dead Space was my favorite of the three (although I enjoyed all three, even the 3rd one), so I'm on board too.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
I saw the teaser already and I was honestly shocked that they have decided on this. On one hand, i am all for it, but on the other at the very least they continue to make one more game that is set on Earth. I am open though, lets see what they got

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
I read most of the comments and they're not positive. People are way too fed up with EA at this point that they have little to no confidence left in players.

I have never played Dead Space myself but this is definitely the first time EA is doing a remake of one of their previous games, and therefore you'd immidiately raise the question "Why?". Probably because EA saw the success of remakes such as RE2 and Final Fantasy.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Reaction score
I read most of the comments and they're not positive. People are way too fed up with EA at this point that they have little to no confidence left in players.

I have never played Dead Space myself but this is definitely the first time EA is doing a remake of one of their previous games, and therefore you'd immidiately raise the question "Why?". Probably because EA saw the success of remakes such as RE2 and Final Fantasy.
I've been seeing comments like that too which is pretty tiring. People did the same thing when they announced Jedi: Fallen Order and they all still bought and loved it yet still b*tch about EA.

EA has published so many great games in recent times, like Titanfall 2, A Way Out, Unravel 1 and 2, It Takes Two, and Jedi: Fallen Order. Not to mention, they went back on their scummy ways with Battlefront II and have since been trying to gain good faith with players. They've been very transparent about games not having microtransactions, they announced a new Skate and Mass Effect and even remastered the Mass Effect trilogy. And while I'm not personally into it, Apex Legends is insanely popular and everyone and their mother seems to be into the new Battlefield.

I seriously don't buy this whole EA is the devil routine anymore. It's so old and coming from people who like with Jedi, will buy the game when they see how good it looks and still not learn anything new but to say EA is trash at any opportunity because some of the comments I've seen are just so downright idiotic.

People are still being disgruntled over EA shutting down Visceral Games and have been trying to spin this remake into some sort of poetic insult to Visceral or even suggesting they bring them back, as if that team has just been at home this entire time waiting for a call to rejoin the Avengers. They all have different jobs now and probably really happy where they are, unless they work for Activision... It's just asinine.

I understand a little push back over remaking such a modern game rather than continuing the series, but starting from the beginning might be the best option for a new team, especially one as dedicated to the original and open to fan input as Motive. Everything they've said about the remake has been extremely reassuring and stuff I wish even Capcom would have done with their remakes.

But after how incredible recent remakes have been, I couldn't be more excited to see Dead Space with modern visuals and completely rebuilt to achieve Visceral's vision to its fullest potential without any of the limitations and roadblocks they came across 2 generations ago. For once, we're getting a survival horror game that isn't Resident Evil and gaining the same kind of buzz. If this game turns out incredible and becomes successful, then that can only be good for the genre.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Reaction score
I've been seeing comments like that too which is pretty tiring. People did the same thing when they announced Jedi: Fallen Order and they all still bought and loved it yet still b*tch about EA.

EA has published so many great games in recent times, like Titanfall 2, A Way Out, Unravel 1 and 2, It Takes Two, and Jedi: Fallen Order. Not to mention, they went back on their scummy ways with Battlefront II and have since been trying to gain good faith with players. They've been very transparent about games not having microtransactions, they announced a new Skate and Mass Effect and even remastered the Mass Effect trilogy. And while I'm not personally into it, Apex Legends is insanely popular and everyone and their mother seems to be into the new Battlefield.

I seriously don't buy this whole EA is the devil routine anymore. It's so old and coming from people who like with Jedi, will buy the game when they see how good it looks and still not learn anything new but to say EA is trash at any opportunity because some of the comments I've seen are just so downright idiotic.

People are still being disgruntled over EA shutting down Visceral Games and have been trying to spin this remake into some sort of poetic insult to Visceral or even suggesting they bring them back, as if that team has just been at home this entire time waiting for a call to rejoin the Avengers. They all have different jobs now and probably really happy where they are, unless they work for Activision... It's just asinine.

I understand a little push back over remaking such a modern game rather than continuing the series, but starting from the beginning might be the best option for a new team, especially one as dedicated to the original and open to fan input as Motive. Everything they've said about the remake has been extremely reassuring and stuff I wish even Capcom would have done with their remakes.

But after how incredible recent remakes have been, I couldn't be more excited to see Dead Space with modern visuals and completely rebuilt to achieve Visceral's vision to its fullest potential without any of the limitations and roadblocks they came across 2 generations ago. For once, we're getting a survival horror game that isn't Resident Evil and gaining the same kind of buzz. If this game turns out incredible and becomes successful, then that can only be good for the genre.

Well, they've earned their reputation (they didn't win Worst Company in America award in back-to-back years for nothing, after all) and they still have a long ways to go before they completely unsully their name in most gamers' eyes, but give credit where credit's due: they did a good, no, scratch that, great thing with a beloved IP that many were led to believe would go to the chopping block along with their long list of studios they bought and eventually killed off (Visceral, the studio behind Dead Space WAS one of them, after all). Makes me wish Capcom didn't cancel their Dino Crisis remake they apparently had in development. WTF were they thinking with Jurassic World being as popular as it is?

But that's the thing: as much as we like to gripe about EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc.'s transgressions (to which there are many), they at least occasionally do some good, Konami? Not so much. They barely do anything not related to Pachinko with their IPs, anymore and when it looks like they might do something meaningful with them, they find a way to f*ck them up, anyway (Super Bomberman R, Contra: Rogue Corps). Maybe I'll eat my words if the Metal Gear Solid and/or Silent Hill remakes are confirmed, but the fact that Blue Box STILL hasn't gave us anything close to a month since their big PS5 app announcement isn't giving me high hopes. I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Hardware

Reaction score
I enjoyed both Dead Space 1 and 2 (I also own Dead Space 3, but I never finished it) - especially 2: it was like RE2, bigger and louder. Above all, incredible-looking (it still is one of the most expensive games ever made - and it never recouped). While I like the idea of the series being resurrected, remaking DS1 is very odd: the game is little more than 10 years old and it still looks great today. Sure, it will look better on PS5\Xbox SX but it's still too early for people to feel nostalgic about it. I understand this is the safest way to bring the franchise back, but I cannot escape the idea that a soft reboot (another story set in the same universe with a new character facing the Necromoprhs - no need for it to be a numbered entry either) would've worked fine. Maybe they aim at changing the lore at one point, erasing DS3, who knows.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
To be fair though, the first hands-on reveal trailer for Jedi: Fallen Order was horrible and didn't do the game justice at all. The devs even admitted so themselves in a behind-the-scenes documentary.

I can only speak for myself and honestly I haven't played nor cared for most of EA's series. But those that I have played extensively throughout the years (the SimCity, The Sims, and SSX series respectively) have been completely butchered, with the last one basically buried to the ground. Fans remember with terror the release of the SimCity reboot in 2013 which was plauged by network outages and other issues, and the city-building genre has since been overtaken by other more capable studios such as Paradox Interactive's Cities: Skylines which is a superior product in every way and form. The Sims 4 has been an underwhelming game since day 1 and the series is now far away from its Maxis glory days. And the SSX series is just a sad, sad, funeral story.

However, like @KManX89 said, at least EA isn't as bad as Konami.