• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Blue Umbrella

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
RE7 has introduced us to a new organization with an old name, Blue Umbrella. It is a rebranding of the former company of Umbrella, turning it into Anti-Bioterror organization run by former employees as 'atonement' for what was done in the past. It seems like they are here to stay, but so far what do you think about them? DO you think they will be featured in future games? You like them, or dont?

mert20004

Reaction score
I found it unnecessary personally. Idk why its members havent been transferred to bsaa or something. Feels like capcom " rebooted " the franchise with re7 and brought umbrella back as a good organization.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
I found it unnecessary personally. Idk why its members havent been transferred to bsaa or something. Feels like capcom " rebooted " the franchise with re7 and brought umbrella back as a good organization.

Nah, I don't think its a reboot, but I do agree that it is unnecessary to bring back Umbrella, its didn't work in the last game, and it doesn't work now. It is not really a good idea, you could've slapped on the BSAA and nothing would change.

mert20004

Reaction score
Nah, I don't think its a reboot, but I do agree that it is unnecessary to bring back Umbrella, its didn't work in the last game, and it doesn't work now. It is not really a good idea, you could've slapped on the BSAA and nothing would change.
Neo umbrella has nothing to do with og umbrella though despite its silly name. At least they were a whole new organization while being evil. Meanwhile blue umbrella is basically a good umbrella.

But anyways; ı remember thinking that bu was rival org according to an article in biohaze but after rereading the files on re6 at pu; apparently rival org was collapsed ( along with its hcf unit. ) after wesker died just like tricell. Which means bu isnt secretly evil. I dont think the dialogue at umbrella corps means anything either. Especially since the game hints at a wesker revival. ( Though ı wouldnt be surprised if capcom revived wesker too. )

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a terrorist organization with the Umbrella namesake, I just thought it was just silly

RipvanX

Reaction score
With the way Chris is behaving in RE8, I wouldn’t be surprised if Blue Umbrella turned out to be another terrorist organization. The Connections could also have deep ties to the rival company Wesker worked for and had access to Red Umbrella’s database that was retrieved at the end of Umbrella Chronicles. Either one could be secretly developing a new world ending virus much like how Carla and Derek were doing when they got their hands on both Sherry and Manuela.

There are too many companies that have yet to be touched upon that could be pulling the strings in the background, not to mention how Natalia-Alex will come into play in the future.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Reaction score
If that is the case, then the whole redemption thing would be utterly pointless, and makes their existence redundant.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Reaction score
Although RE7 wasn't a true reboot per se, it did contain enough new elements and spins on the series as a whole to qualify as a "soft reboot". Blue Umbrella is definitely part of this feeling. Not sure if it was Capcom's intention or not.