• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Your Ideal Resident Evil 7?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
one that is actually survival horror, perfectly mixes the core gameplay of the newest entries (over the shoulder) with the tense gameplay of the originals,and features dark and creepy areas, I don't want any daytime stages at all, and a good storyline with a villain that is actually terrifying like maybe having Natalia/Alex Wesker kill a few staple characters at the beginning of the game to show players that the main villain is a terrifying one.

wanderer

battle master
perfect RE7 = Chris dies, AT THE BEGINNING. put in a virus that actually has a good chance for success. i don't even get how the plagas and oroboros could even stand a chance in real logic, the only virus i seen that actually had a good chance at destroying the world is the C virus.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
one that is actually survival horror, perfectly mixes the core gameplay of the newest entries (over the shoulder) with the tense gameplay of the originals,and features dark and creepy areas, I don't want any daytime stages at all, and a good storyline with a villain that is actually terrifying like maybe having Natalia/Alex Wesker.

In other words: Your perfect RE7 is Revelations 2?

Because mine is. I don't have any expectations or wishes concerning RE7 at the moment. I don't think anything will top Revelations 2 anytime soon.

wanderer

battle master

Because mine is. I don't have any expectations or wishes concerning RE7 at the moment. I don't think anything will top Revelations 2 anytime soon.

ye Rev2 set things up nicely for a major villain. i would be ****ed if they only continued the story on Rev3, instead of RE7. the rest the biohazard fans need to get over it, Albert is dead.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Pretty much yea, but I want RE7 to feature a villain that does something devastating to the cast, and I'm hoping that villain in Natalia.

I also want the scope to be bigger than Revelations 2.

agentcell

As the title says, what is your ideal Resident Evil 7, and why?

My ideal Resident Evil 7 would be somewhere between RE Revelation2 with an open exploration maps with lots of NPC and alternating plots based on how you play the game. The main character should be a more mature and experienced Rebecca Chambers with new gameplay abilities and new characters.

New gameplay abilities:

-Specific abilities for each character. For Rebecca chambers, she will be the only one who can create advanced healing items to properly recover your characters health.
-Realistic body damage that affects your characters movement, shooting, sight, etc. For example, if you get injured in one arm, that arm becomes useless and you have to shoot with one arm and increases gun wavering and recoil when aiming/shooting. If you get injured right away after healing, your wounds will re-open (this will be determined by the difficulty setting).
-Proper healing items (splint, bandages, vaccines, etc) to remedy specific body damages such as broken leg, eyesight, arm. Also, when you're healing, the character is healing in real time and you see the animation. This forces a more methodical approach to danger and a more survival feel to the game.
-Being able to climb objects seamlessly. Enemies should be very dangerous and avoidance should be encouraged. Climbing high to reach objects and barricading indoor complexes should be placed.

Environmental settings:

-Tropical forest/Jungle. This is a proper setting since Rebecca chambers can get and create plant based healing items.
-Swamp
-Caves/Waterfalls
-Mountains
-Day/Night cycle with dynamic environmental changes

e_etu

Soram ~
Resident evil 7 should have:
- Claire and Jill as main characters.
- Jessica & Natalia would be great Bosses
- Chris would make his last appearance ( he would die at the end to claire´s arms and it would be saddest death at gaming ever. )
- and perfect place where everything would happen is abandoned mental hospital where dead patients would try to kill Claire & Jill

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
My ideal re7:

Virus outbreak at a facility where a charcater works on making these cures.

The outbreak is completely accidental and not terrorist related.

However bad guys appear in the gsme becsuse they're taking advantage of the situation (Ada or Jessica?)

Multiple viruses make a welcome return for various past bows such as hunters and Lickers together. As well as mixes forming new dangerous Bows too.

A virus system in the game in which the main charcater isn't immune and as well as healing herb items, virus neutralising items need to be found and used too.

New character as a main and other charcaters already introduced appear in the story as support charcaters and not to take the lime light away.

If above, a scenario where you play as the "bad guy" character.

black 93

I honestly dont know at this point. People keep saying survival horror, but the genre isnt the same as it was in the 90's. Even if capcom made a game like the evil within, people would complain because 1. enemies in that do sometimes have guns and 2. people would just say " oh look capcoms copying mikami now". Im a realist and i know the closest people are gunna get to the old RE's is the remasters. Cause like it or not RE5 is the best selling capcom game of all time and RE6 hasnt done too bad either considering the reviews its got. At this point all i want is a game with solid gameplay, classic RE characters shown some attention and a memeroable story. No multiple campaigns, a single player story and a decent stmosphere. Give me that and il be happy.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know what I want and what I'll get are completely different, but WTF, why not...

- Single Player with NO support save for incredibly small increments that were story driven, comparable to what happens with Jill and Carlos in RE3.

- I would like to see Jill and Leon team up, as I think that's a VERY interesting and often pondered by fans pairing.

- Chris to die. Kill him off in the opening cutscene.

- Over the Shoulder, but RE4 and RE5. As much as I like RE6 (That's right, I said it), I don't think you should be able to move and shoot at the same time.

- Cramped enclosed location with VERY little light. Take some notes from Silent Hill.

- A more mental type of horror. Lately I've played a lot of Slender: The Arrival, Fatal Frame, and P.T. and what those games to is...nothing. They will wait, and nothing will happen that scares you for a LONG time, sometimes you could go nearly an hour with nothing, so you almost forget it's horror, then you'll see a flash of a deathly figure out of the corner of your eye that absolutely terrifies you, and you run rather than fight.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Okay, I get it. Everybody hates Chris (see what I did there?), but I for one am grateful that he didn't die in RE6, and I don't think he should die immediately in 7 either. Even though there are many reasons why you might be fed up with him, remember the good times we've had with him over the years. He's an integral part of the Resi family, and I don't believe we should be eager to kill him. Some people just want him dead because they feel his time has come and that he could get a hero's death or whatever. I get that, but I'm glad he didn't die in 6 because I for one wouldn't want him to be remembered as dying in what many people view as a mediocre RE game, and I think he deserves better than that. Furthermore, if he dies at the beginning of 7, then that shows that they don't care about one of the founding members of Resident Evil, which would be disrespectful to his memory and to those of us who still support him.

This has been a PSA by a Chris Redfield fanboy. Thank you all, and good night (and please don't take all of that stuff too seriously, just some food for thought). Peace out.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Okay, I get it. Everybody hates Chris (see what I did there?), but I for one am grateful that he didn't die in RE6, and I don't think he should die immediately in 7 either. Even though there are many reasons why you might be fed up with him, remember the good times we've had with him over the years. He's an integral part of the Resi family, and I don't believe we should be eager to kill him. Some people just want him dead because they feel his time has come and that he could get a hero's death or whatever. I get that, but I'm glad he didn't die in 6 because I for one wouldn't want him to be remembered as dying in what many people view as a mediocre RE game, and I think he deserves better than that. Furthermore, if he dies at the beginning of 7, then that shows that they don't care about one of the founding members of Resident Evil, which would be disrespectful to his memory and to those of us who still support him.

This has been a PSA by a Chris Redfield fanboy. Thank you all, and good night (and please don't take all of that stuff too seriously, just some food for thought). Peace out.

I love Chris. Apparently we're in the minority.. :angry:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I love Chris, too (I replayed RE5, so he kinda grew on me again) and killing him off in RE6 seems so wrong on many levels, but I never believed they'd do that anyways. I always knew Piers was the one who's gonna bite the dust. So, I'm glad he didn't die. Besides Jill wasn't there so they couldn't do it (They tried to kill her off in RE5 and guess who was at her side...). I just think people want to see other characters than Chris, that's all, although I wouldn't mind seeing him teaming up with Jill again for RE7 ;)

I for one want to see Jill again (it's quite obvious I'm Jill fanboy xD), because we haven't seen her, if we go by the timeline, since RE5, which was set in 2009. She's just as Chris an integral part of RE, but it seems like they don't care about her anymore and consider her to be a character of lesser importance. They didn't even bother to mention her fate after RE5 in RE6, thankfully Rev2 did that, yet the answer wasn't that satisfying, imo. There are still many things that need to be answered. That's just a Jill fan thing, you don't need to understand that one ;)

I just hope I get one last chance to see Jill again in RE7, cuz she's hitting the forties and it'll be harder for her to appear in other games due to her age and thanks to Japan's obsession with youth (especially with women. They don't have problems showing middle-aged men in Japanese media ) :p Give her some closure then you can end her story arc for good. That's all I want for Jill. Throw in Rebecca Chambers and I'll be happy.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium

Chris is a personal favorite of mine, but I don't give a damn if others don't like him. You shouldn't, either.

That aside, I'd prefer it if we could stay on topic, and not trail off to a "Chris vs. the world" argument. Thanks.

Last edited:

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
i would like to see a more interesting story than the one in re6,
simpler viruses and a lot of backtracking (it would be nice to have typewriters and ink ribbons back but with modern gaming that would annoy some fans and it is unpractical), slow but dangerous enemies and a clear goal to achieve.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Solid gameplay, spooky environments, cool enemy designs.
Just give me a good game, and I'm happy.

Top Bottom