• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox One thread

Some Nights

No Shape
I know they announced that they got rid of the DRM thing but they also won't confirm that it won't be changed back. I know it isn't exactly the most likely thing but it wouldn't surprise me if they waited to get a decent user base in at launch then bring it back a year or two down the line.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I don't know where to begin with Microsoft. If their bad policies they claimed were beneficial and the future wasn't enough, they go and change everything about it days later being bent under pressure. Seeing how well Sony's preorders flew and fans switching over to them. It goes to show you that they're in it for the money, not the gamers. Who's to say months down the line they won't bring those features back.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Well they actually had to remove said features because of the enormous backlash from gamers, many of whom were avid microsoft xbox gamers and Wanted to support Xbox one., but felt they couldn't because of the dire policies. Microsoft was been outnumbered 3:1 on pre orders after the E3 mess up, and after they changed the policy their about even with ps4 1:1.

they won't be able to reinstate features at a later date because it will be part of their updated security policy and games policy. They envisioned a future where we would have easier access to our games- through online and cloud- and allowing sharing with upto 10 people. But it was unclear what the benefits exactly would be -loading a game without inserting the disc is not a deal breaker for most gamers. Microsoft simply had to buckle under the huge pressure and mass outcry online. We have seen games developers and hardwear companies change their policies and games before under public outcry and thats exactly what happened.

It also highlights our culture where we can change a major companies digital policy stance with spending power and enough social media discussion- but we can't change anything useful or relevant to our society, and we are seeing increasing survilliance and police state style government

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Don Mattrick the President of Microsoft Entertainment, software, and the one in charge of the Xbox 360/One, has left Microsoft. This was the guy who said that DRM policies were good and if you can't stay online stick to the 360. Then a few days later completely changes it. But now leaves his company behind before its even released. This goes show Sony completely owned Microsoft at the conference enough to make this guy quit his job. He's moving on to the company Zynga.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah I expected that asshole Mattrick to leave. He was rude and was one of the worst PR Speakers I've ever seen. The line about 'we have a console for offline people- the xbox 360' pretty much put the nail in the coffin and sledgehammered it.

Anyway, I'll probaly get the xbox one over the ps4 due to the better software and games. Ps3 never had any games that I really felt bad for missing in the time i've had a 360. I will wait till I hear what my favourite games companies/ franchises are doing. i want to see next gen Gears of War, Left 4 Dead and of course Resident evil.

L

Lurker
Yeah I expected that ******* Mattrick to leave. He was rude and was one of the worst PR Speakers I've ever seen. The line about 'we have a console for offline people- the xbox 360' pretty much put the nail in the coffin and sledgehammered it.

Anyway, I'll probaly get the xbox one over the ps4 due to the better software and games. Ps3 never had any games that I really felt bad for missing in the time i've had a 360. I will wait till I hear what my favourite games companies/ franchises are doing. i want to see next gen Gears of War, Left 4 Dead and of course Resident evil.
Y-you're kidding... right?
Right?

You guys know when someone has an opinion, and the only thing you can think of is, "what?"
Like, you're entitled to an opinion and such, and I'm not going to hold it against you or anything, but still.
What?​

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Hey yeah thats fair enough you can say what you think I don't mind ! I am not sure about either console after thinking about it somemore. I might just get a decent desktop PC as I am sick of using a laptop all the time and then not bother for a new console until they release a lot more games. Neither of the new ones has any games I'm that bothered about yet

Top Bottom