• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you survive?

shadowman912

How many of the writers on here are up for a survival challenge?

Scenario:
Terrorists have detonated several T virus bombs in your area. The gas dissipated quick enough that you're safe, but hundreds or thousands are already turned. The public is already in a panic. They'll be on you in less then 2 minutes. It will take the military 3 weeks to contain the outbreak and begin evacuation.

Requirements:
1. Youre story must begin at the last place you were besides your home.
2. Your only allowable weapons is the last object you were holding besides your phone.
3. Your only partner is the last person you texted.
4. Your food for those three weeks is 10 of whatever the last thing you ate was.

Either like this first post to show you're accepting the story challenge, or just comment with what your requirements are and how well you think you'd do.

Last edited:

shadowman912

1. My location was a game shop. On a highway, about a 10 min from two semi major cities in either direction.
2. Luckily, the last object I was holding before picking up my phone to post this was my compact 1911. So me and my partner have a short range 5 shot .45.
3. My partner would be my buddy Aaron. 22 years old, about 5'6, kinda built but not in fantastic shape.
4. We have 10 small bowls of teriyaki steak and fried rice.

My odds are 50/50 I feel. The area is open enough that we could escape on foot after the highway gets clogged and overrun. There is a hotel near by we could hold up in, but we would have to run along the highway to get to it though. And neither of us can probably run the two miles non stop. We'd be able to fend off stragglers, but the particular gun we have takes some skill to use and only holds 5 shots. My partners inexperience would have him burn through ammo pretty quick and he wouldn't land many head shots, so if the hoard catches up were toast. We'd both lose some serious weight, but the cooked steak and rice would stay good for a few days even without a fridge. But only a few days. And the protein could hold us over. I'd have as much working against me as for me.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
1. My dad's firehall is the last place I was at other than my house.
2. The last object I held was a bag of chips.
3. My partner would be my best friend, Bay-Lee, which would be kind of weird since she lives in Ontario.
4. We have ten bags of dill pickle chips.

We'd probably have a good chance of surviving. We'd only have chips to eat, but the firehall is huge and has a fence all around, and we we wouldn't get bored (that firehall has a lot of things in it). The firehall would be the easiest place in town to live in in that situation.

I think I would have survived.. or actually have a decent chance.

Place: My work which is in a elderly home. If they turned to zombies they would be more easy to handle since their bodies wasn't in the best shape to begin with. Doors can easily be locked everywhere. The bigest problem is the other staff that work there since i guess they would eventually turn in to regular zombies. But since there is only about 2 or 3 in each floor I guess you could lock them in somewhere if they went zombie. There is also alot of food in my work place that i could eat since the older people live there..

The real danger however would be that i work at floor 1.. so i guess i should try to run up in the building if i can since there are windows everywhere.

Partner: My boyfriend, I guess he would come to rescue me in his car but then realized it would just be much safer to just stay at my work.

My weapon would be a Gamecube controller i guess so i would problably focus on not to kill any zombies.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
1. West Edmonton Mall
2. A bottle of Mountain Dew Voltage
3. A girl that I am talking too
4. A thanksgiving dinner last night. So Turkey with cranberries, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and peas. Oh and Pumpkin Pie!

I think my chances might be higher than most here. My luck rolled pretty good with a few exceptions. West Edmonton Mall is one of the largest malls in the world and my scenario would very much be like Dead Rising. I have opportunities to fight them off at every corner. My bottle of Mountain Dew won't do anything other than to bash them in the head or throw it at them. It's essentially a weaker version of Natalia's bricks... well not really. I can throw it harder than she can. In reality there are LOTS of stores that has Katana's and other swords. There actually a gun shop on the side of the mall and I can get skateboards, baseball bats, and various other weapons I can hit them from at arms length. So using a bottle of Mountain Dew just doesn't work. My partner would be a girl that I just recently started talking to. I don't really know her very well and we've only been talking. I can see it go two ways, she's either going to be a bad ass and fight them off or.... I have my feelings that she'd be more like Ashley and I'd need to step my game up to keep her safe 0.0 As for food well... LOL I think I'm set. Once we're done the 10 thanks giving dinners, we have lots of recusants, fast food joints, and even grocery stores.

I quite like my scenario. All your limitations become quite redundant with all the opportunities that suddenly become available. We could go all the way up to the highest point in the water park and keep whacking them off. They would only have one, very narrow way up, and a long fall down that would literally make them go splat.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
1-little brother's school
2-my weapon is a glass of tea...(not ideal but at least the tea was super hot)
3-my partner is my silly friend(no military training of course)
4-hopefully you can already guess my food...
Chance of survival would be less than 0.1% :(

Lithium

1. A train during rush hour.
2. A pait of scissors
3. My partner would be my husband. We have some basic karate training and he is quite athletic.
4. Instant noodles and some smoked salmon. Lucky us... -.-

We're as good as dead. If we can get away from the infected, we'll probably die of food poisoning.

Last edited:

Agent Spike

1. Community College.
2. Backpack?
3. My friend Marinna but she lives super far away.
4. 10 Pork Steaks. Yummy.

I'm most likely dead. I'm unprepared to fight against the zombies. My only option is to run and hide and try to get to the gun shop that is a few blocks away.

In my back pack, I have a bottle of water, a lighter, paper, pencils, hand sanitizer, and some band aids. I guess some useful items.

Top Bottom