• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Would any of you like to see jessica or raymond come back?

black 93

Ok, i know a lot of people hate these guys so put your pitchforks down lol its just a question. Maybe not in 7, but in another revelations or spin off game. Because that ending of revelations 1 raised tons of eyebrows as to what those two were up to. Like raymond was built up as a villain throughout the whole game, then he saved parker and we all thought he was the good guy trying to expose morgan lansdale. Then jessica was revealed as the real villain who tries to kill chris, jill, parker and raymond and then you see her and raymond meet up with a sample of t abyss and chat like old friends. I may have missed something in a file or something that wrapped this up, so if someone knows something i dont by all means tell me. Just seems strange to leave those guys out, yea they were probably uninteresting characters but still, that ending. Its almost like capcom were building these guys up and then forgot about them.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You need to remember that back then Capcom was just about to make the game an annual franchise like Assassin's Creed. Ultimately after the disappointment of RE6 they decided they wanted to focus on quality instead of quantity. I think they are doing a great job of it after playing Revelations 2 (one of my favorite games in the entire series) and unlike others, I have high hopes and faith in RE7.
Long story short. Yes Capcom WAS building those characters up.

Now back to the subject. Jessica was over all an unremarkable character. She was very pretty but she seemed more or less like another Ada. Doing wet work and playing with things she probably shouldn't have. She was definitely up to something. Why was she working for Tri-Cell? Did she have her own agenda and if so what was it?

Raymond on the other hand is the far more interesting character. He doesn't come off as a bad guy at all, but rather a guy caught up in bad things. Why is he doing it? What's his game? But more importantly.... WHO IS HE? You don't really question who Jessica is but with Raymond. Something just seems all too familiar. It's entirely possible that he is related to another character in the RE universe and this is just going off of his appearance. But who? I think we might see him again and there might be something plot twisty with him.

black 93

You need to remember that back then Capcom was just about to make the game an annual franchise like Assassin's Creed. Ultimately after the disappointment of RE6 they decided they wanted to focus on quality instead of quantity. I think they are doing a great job of it after playing Revelations 2 (one of my favorite games in the entire series) and unlike others, I have high hopes and faith in RE7.
Long story short. Yes Capcom WAS building those characters up.

Now back to the subject. Jessica was over all an unremarkable character. She was very pretty but she seemed more or less like another Ada. Doing wet work and playing with things she probably shouldn't have. She was definitely up to something. Why was she working for Tri-Cell? Did she have her own agenda and if so what was it?

Raymond on the other hand is the far more interesting character. He doesn't come off as a bad guy at all, but rather a guy caught up in bad things. Why is he doing it? What's his game? But more importantly.... WHO IS HE? You don't really question who Jessica is but with Raymond. Something just seems all too familiar. It's entirely possible that he is related to another character in the RE universe and this is just going off of his appearance. But who? I think we might see him again and there might be something plot twisty with him.
Oh yeah id completley forgotten about how they were going to make it an annual franchise. Thank god they didnt, that would mean we'd be on RE9 now. Damn the quality would have really taken a beating. But anyway, yeah i actually liked raymond, he was cool, calm and had a badass aura around him, like he was always one step ahead of everyone. Would be nice to see him come back but as you said they've changed focus since 2012.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I loved Raymond so yeah, I'd really like to see him return. Possibly Jessica, yeah. She was a decent character that I find I appreciate more as time goes on.

Last edited:

TJay

Premium
I would like to see both return. As said, they were being built up & I don't feel like we got to see these character's full potentials.

More so Jessica for me than Raymond. It's been a while since I played the game but I was more intrigued by her.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Oh yeah id completley forgotten about how they were going to make it an annual franchise. Thank god they didnt, that would mean we'd be on RE9 now. Damn the quality would have really taken a beating. But anyway, yeah i actually liked raymond, he was cool, calm and had a badass aura around him, like he was always one step ahead of everyone. Would be nice to see him come back but as you said they've changed focus since 2012.

I agree. I'm not sure if we would be on RE9 but we would have a title of some form every year. Even if it's a ****ty spin off like ORC. *sighs* At least we got the awesome Rev 2 for RE7 (which likely set things up for RE7. wasn't that obvious?).

It really felt like Jake and Raymond were really being set up as major characters for the franchise future. I really think both of them need to be explored. Speaking of which? Do you have any crazy Raymond theories? There seems to be a lot of them. Some stupid and others are interesting. Not many people really thought much of him.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I could definitely deal with Raymond, but I would rather he come back in the Revelations series than the mainline games. Jessica, on the other hand, was just annoying to me on nearly every level she could be. xD

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Does everyone remember when that gas mask guy captured Jill in one of the trailers for Revelations and everyone was sure that it was HUNK? Well the game proper revealed that it was Raymond. I'm not suggesting that Raymond is HUNK, but if Raymond has some connection with a previous character, I'd say HUNK.

Jessica should return. But get offed, maybe by Alex or something else.

black 93

Does everyone remember when that gas mask guy captured Jill in one of the trailers for Revelations and everyone was sure that it was HUNK? Well the game proper revealed that it was Raymond. I'm not suggesting that Raymond is HUNK, but if Raymond has some connection with a previous character, I'd say HUNK.

Jessica should return. But get offed, maybe by Alex or something else.
Hey now there's an idea... Id love if capcom really told us who HUNK is. I remember before revelations 2 people were speculating that Alex Wesker was HUNK, back before we knew she was a she. HUNK has gathered an insane fanbase, people just love him, would love it if his identity was revealed. Still i love speculating with other fans who he is.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I don't get the appeal of Hunk personally. He's just another soldier far as I can tell, albeit a skilled one. And his mysterious aura doesn't do it for me because I don't really care who he is in the first place. As for the Revelations characters, I didn't like any of the newbies all that much quite frankly. Jessica was annoying and brought out the stoic side of Chris. Raymond may have been a good character but I never gave him a chance because one look at his hair and I had given up on him. I'd be fine with Jessica filling the role of a Foley in a future Rev game though if you know what I mean. But other than that not particularly interested in seeing them return.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't get the appeal of Hunk personally. He's just another soldier far as I can tell, albeit a skilled one. And his mysterious aura doesn't do it for me because I don't really care who he is in the first place. As for the Revelations characters, I didn't like any of the newbies all that much quite frankly. Jessica was annoying and brought out the stoic side of Chris. Raymond may have been a good character but I never gave him a chance because one look at his hair and I had given up on him. I'd be fine with Jessica filling the role of a Foley in a future Rev game though if you know what I mean. But other than that not particularly interested in seeing them return.

LMAO! Well.... the next Foley might end up being a bad ass with the word "Zombie Killer" tattooed on her arms.

Face it. The Foley sisters are pretty much the same thing as the Carmine brothers from Gears of War xD

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I'm not a fan of Jessica or Raymond personally. It's not that Jessica was vain, I actually liked that for once a protagonist wasn't as cookie cutter as most re protags are. I just found her constant ill placed flirting with Chris to be vexing and it made Chris even more boring in the process. I guess I wouldn't HATE to have Jessica back. But yeah Raymond really didn't do it for me. His hair was painful and he didn't bring anything new to the table. In fairness it's possible that I don't really like these characters because the story felt kind of rushed, but I'd be fine without seeing either ever again. (Revelations spoiler ahead though honestly who hasn't played it yet)
I am kind of interested in what Jessica would do as a villain considering they haven't done anything with it yet

Top Bottom