• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

World's dumbest inventions

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Do you know about a dumb invention? Share it!

Couch Coozy
- A cup holder designed to sit in between couch cushions.
"Problem is, people who wants this product, are just too lazy to get up off the couch and order it." LOL

Wonder Boner
- Perhaps it would have been better with a different name? :D

Poop Freeze
-Freeze dog poop before you pick it up.
"If you have to buy one sh!t freezing spray, make it Poop Freeze." -Daniel Baldwin

Stadium Pal
- Simply put, a catheter connected to a discrete plastic bag around your ankle. So you don't have to stand in line for a pee after all those drinks. Not so discrete if you wear shorts, huh?
There is also a female version named "Stadium Gal".
"Fantastic, looks like your vagina is gonna go scuba diving" -Mike Trainor about Stadium Gal

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I read an article about how selfie stick was considered a useless invention back in 80s/90s in Japan. They called it "extender". Now personally I don't think selfie stick is useless or dumb, it could be a useful tool in certain situations. However, it becomes annoying when used for extreme narcissism or at a concert.

Last edited:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Lol I think selfie is a dumb "invention", but it's because everybody does it so much. And a selfie stick is not any better than a selfie. :p

The stick has its uses, but who wants to carry a mini fishing rod for photographing themselves? Someone making a film production, like Bear Grylls, might need one.

The best one so far, I think it's Stadium Pal/Gal. Hilarious. :D

Last edited:

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I was traveling abroad last month and selfie sticks were everywhere. They were literally being peddled on the streets and bought by people who didn't have them already.

Dumb invention?
I'd have to go with computer viruses. Just thinking of the self-serving attitude that had to be present when the first computer security system was breached-- and what it's done to all of us who use the internet since is revolting. We could live in a world without antiviruses or ten billion passwords if certain people didn't exist.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
With all silly inventions, I think it's funny to think that somewhere one day, someone just work up and went "omg you know what would be great...." and then proceed to make couch cupholders

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Silly invention? How about a new computer that starts tormenting its owner with random crashes and boot problems on the second day, and then breaks down completely after only two months? I can assure you they're real, I had the misfortune to buy one of these.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Silly invention? How about a new computer that starts tormenting its owner with random crashes and boot problems on the second day, and then breaks down completely after only two months? I can assure you they're real, I had the misfortune to buy one of these.

And there's a new silly invention for you! You can send that piece of $#!^ computer straight to hell for eternal torment with the newest USB Kill 2.0!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/new-...ll-your-laptop-or-pc-in-a-second-508126.shtml

Teach that ****er a lesson. Or maybe just toss one in an area with a bunch of USB sticks and watch people unknowingly play Russian Roulette with USB sticks. I'm sure the Goddess of the Dead is evil enough to do something like that :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Do you think I $hit money? I paid 700 € for that thing and it's only two months old. So no, I'm definitely not going to destroy it. I'll have it repaired for free (but only because sending it back and getting a refund is not an option anymore) and then either keep using it until the next breakdown, or sell it.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It was a joke -_-

Goes to show how useless of an invention the USB Kill 2.0 is though.

I mean it's great if you work for a company or the Government and you're getting hacked. Or if you're getting hacked. It's got it's uses, it's just far and few in between for the public. Unless it includes pranked and likely getting beaten up for it xD

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Now this is a new dumb invention. It's called Nosulus Rift, an immersive fart smell VR tech. I mean, seriously.

That's satire and fake... right? That literally looks like a load of $#!^. I'm pretty sure it's a joke to promote the new South Park game and they made maybe one for demo units. I doubt they are going to retail that $#!^.

Top Bottom