• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Wish i could get my money back.

VanDmage

Sorry just wasn't impressed. Game lacked any real challenge and wasn't in anyway scarey. They should take notes from the people who made the Metro series. Now that game oozes atmosphere. The game was far to short and rather boring to the point that i lost interest after playing a second character. Nothing kept me wanting to play. Only thing i found memorable was Ada's butt in those leather pants when you crawled. Overall the game just felt to cartoony.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
If it wasn't good you probably sucked at it.

I didn't like it because I kept dying constantly but once I got better I enjoyed it. FYI Re was NEVER scary to begin with it was cheesy. If the only thing yu enjoyed was Ada's rear. there is something wrong with you. There were things that were cool, Like Mercs and various lines some characters said.

It did get stale pretty fast but i wore it out by getting a Platinum on it. (All Achievements) But everyone has their own opinions

Baxcy

S.T.A.R.S.
Read a review, watch some gameplay; don't just spend your money blindly, and maybe next time you won't be so disappointed in your next purchase.

Popo

FYI Re was NEVER scary to begin with it was cheesy.

Please make that as YOUR opinion, because I sure remember being scared as **** playing through the first 3, Remake(especially this one) and Code Veronica, and Remake wasn't that long ago. And I do know lots of people who find it scary, it wasn't marked under survival "horror" for being cheesy(ye, had it's jill sandwich cheesiness, but it made up in the story and gameplay.)

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
also you just recently bought this game......... now your disappointed??? LMAO!!!! you sound to me to be a cheap ass! also you what paid $19 for it maybe? All the real fans bought it a long time ago. You had plenty of time to read up on this, rent it, watch complete play throughs.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Sorry just wasn't impressed. Game lacked any real challenge and wasn't in anyway scarey. They should take notes from the people who made the Metro series. Now that game oozes atmosphere. The game was far to short and rather boring to the point that i lost interest after playing a second character. Nothing kept me wanting to play. Only thing i found memorable was Ada's butt in those leather pants when you crawled. Overall the game just felt to cartoony.
This!

I've only played Metro Last Light, but that game was very well done, great challenge, great atmosphere and the gameplay was great, plus needing to be more careful with your ammo and supplies depending on your difficulty was a great feel of previous REs survival.

Whether Resident Evil 6 was horrible or not is subjective, but it's fact that it has hurt the franchise's reputation.
Resident Evil needs to be put down, no more numbered entries and no reboot, if Capcom want's to keep making money off the franchise, all they can do that will work is remake RE2, 3 and CVX then put Resident Evil to bed for a while because trying to continue will mean the action will remain and people will hate it the moment it's revealed and Capcom fears that if they try to reboot it, it will just be a repeat of what DmC suffered.
I think that's why they canceled the Megaman reboot.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Please make that as YOUR opinion, because I sure remember being scared as **** playing through the first 3, Remake(especially this one) and Code Veronica, and Remake wasn't that long ago. And I do know lots of people who find it scary, it wasn't marked under survival "horror" for being cheesy(ye, had it's jill sandwich cheesiness, but it made up in the story and gameplay.)

Please tell me you're kidding....I'd admit REmake was scary but only because of the fear of dying, not the game itself I don't remember how Re1-CV plays but those weren't scary.
3 was annoying as fudge, 2 was fun. 1 is on the boarderline of classic but you'd get bored fast

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I think that's why they canceled the Megaman reboot.

I'm about 85% Sure they cancled that because some random ass claimed it wouldn't feel right to fans and wouldn't appeal as a different kind of game.

But Warframe's Design came from Maverick that much I know is correct

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Yeah, the same as DmC, fans didn't want it and it didn't appeal to others.

Although can you really call it Megaman? His name was Maverick so that's another thing.

But being made by the people who made Mertroid prime...that was an instant buy for me, regardless of my hate for Megaman

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Although can you really call it Megaman? His name was Maverick so that's another thing.

But being made by the people who made Mertroid prime...that was an instant buy for me, regardless of my hate for Megaman
It was Megaman to all the fans, but fans were actually interested in that game, but Capcom feared a DmC repeat.

I was never into Megaman but that reboot had my attention as well, the thing is Capcom is rebooting the wrong franchises and continuing the wrong franchises. Also anything they start to get right, they always screw it up somehow.

Fans never wanted Devil May Cry to be rebooted, no one asked for it, no one was tired of Dante, everybody loved him, all we wanted was our favorite demon slayer in another game by himself as we remember him, no Nero side characters or any of that crap, just good ol Dante and that traditional, challenging, fast paced action to go with it, but instead we got dumbed down gameplay with a ripped off story and an abomination of a character redesign that was claimed to be what is cool by today's standards and now that so called "modern cool" has turned him into the most hated character in Hack n Slash history, the majority of the fanbase has turned against it and won't come back unless he returns to his old school ways.

Resident Evil fans are divided between wanting it rebooted, wanting it to continue, wanting it to return to survival horror or wanting it to be put down.
I think everyone knows, even the fans who want it to continue know that continuing REs current way will only make things worse, regardless of whether it returns to survival horror or continues with the action.
At this point I don't think Resident Evil can be saved, no matter what it does, it can't please both sides of it's massive fanbase and both sides have the power to bring it down with their wallets.
Plus Resident Evil's creator has given RE and Capcom a big challenger and that's not gonna help RE in anyway.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
It was Megaman to all the fans, but fans were actually interested in that game, but Capcom feared a DmC repeat.

I was never into Megaman but that reboot had my attention as well, the thing is Capcom is rebooting the wrong franchises and continuing the wrong franchises. Also anything they start to get right, they always screw it up somehow.

Fans never wanted Devil May Cry to be rebooted, no one asked for it, no one was tired of Dante, everybody loved him, all we wanted was our favorite demon slayer in another game by himself as we remember him, no Nero side characters or any of that crap, just good ol Dante and that traditional, challenging, fast paced action to go with it, but instead we got dumbed down gameplay with a ripped off story and an abomination of a character redesign that was claimed to be what is cool by today's standards and now that so called "modern cool" has turned him into the most hated character in Hack n Slash history, the majority of the fanbase has turned against it and won't come back unless he returns to his old school ways.

Resident Evil fans are divided between wanting it rebooted, wanting it to continue, wanting it to return to survival horror or wanting it to be put down.
I think everyone knows, even the fans who want it to continue know that continuing REs current way will only make things worse, regardless of whether it returns to survival horror or continues with the action.
At this point I don't think Resident Evil can be saved, no matter what it does, it can't please both sides of it's massive fanbase and both sides have the power to bring it down with their wallets.
Plus Resident Evil's creator has given RE and Capcom a big challenger and that's not gonna help RE in anyway.

Eh. Can't say much about Megaman never liked it,
Devil may cry? I found it boring and not my style.

As far as Resident Evil goes I'd still buy it since I've had fun with each and every one minus revelations can't stand that crap. Still. I bought it I beat it and that's that. I would want a Re reboot I stopped caring about where any game goes (Except MGS I have High expectations for that series) as long as it's fun. and for me Re6 was fun till I wore it out. Re5 was amazing imo since it brought me more entertainment than those "Best" games people love.

SherryBirkin

I liked RE6. I must admit it wasn't the best in the series but it was good.
It had it's moments. The Ada and Sherry scenarios was the best. imo.

t103Ninja

i have to agree with the no challenge thing even on the hardest difficulty (pre no hope) i just breezed through the game no hope was decent though

Top Bottom