• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Wierd Glitch in first 'Action Cutscene' (possible spoilers)

Mistcrawler

I seem to have no problem walking or cutting down zombies, but when I make it to the first cutscene (involving a helicopter) I can't seem to run in the direction they want me to - or at least, SOMETHING is going on. When I try to run, it looks like my character is having a seizure and tries to run straight back towards the camera (which i want) but also to the left at the same time. I first thought this was the controller, so I swapped them twice only to have the exact same problem. Someone on Yahoo suggested it could be dust, so as unlikely as that is, I tried cleaning my machine out the best I could and checking my new disc for any problems.

Any suggestions? This 'glitch' is causing me to give up on the game before it's even fully started :( (and every time i want to try again, I have to go through the unskippable cutscenes and first few minutes of tutorials since there's no save point yet...)

Mistcrawler

Oh and as an addendum, I had an 'epiphany' and tried running in all directions one after another (diagonal left and right while moving back, straight left, straight right, and the same problem occured during all of them. I've also tried every direction I could (or tried to anyways) BETWEEN moving towards the camera in the back and towards the camera in the back and to the left (and to the right as well). Same issue. :(

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Is this during the scene on the bridge where the thing goes up in flames and you have to leg it to that helicopter?

If so i had trouble with this, until i realised you had to hold A instead of pressing it, once i held down the A button, and analog held firmly in the down position, it was easy.​

Mistcrawler

lol my bad, on closer look it was the crashed PLANE (the absolute first action cut scene involving dashing) but same answer. You guys rule :) I was tapping A (they did have the A button going up and down to show you what to do before it gives you control) but once they give you control I noticed the A button on the screen wasn't being tapped anymore. I'm an idiot :) I made it through the cut scene on my first try once I tried that :)

P.S. Interesting game so far, but it still feels like the Resident Evil series died with Res Evil 4. Of course, I'm only 15 minutes into the game, but based on the reviews and my playthrough, I think this is going to be the the most generic action video game ever made lol. That being said, if I can ignore that, the actual zombie shooting gameplay is quite fun and fluid, and the graphics are amazing :)

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
lol my bad, on closer look it was the crashed PLANE (the absolute first action cut scene involving dashing) but same answer. You guys rule :) I was tapping A (they did have the A button going up and down to show you what to do before it gives you control) but once they give you control I noticed the A button on the screen wasn't being tapped anymore. I'm an idiot :) I made it through the cut scene on my first try once I tried that :)

P.S. Interesting game so far, but it still feels like the Resident Evil series died with Res Evil 4. Of course, I'm only 15 minutes into the game, but based on the reviews and my playthrough, I think this is going to be the the most generic action video game ever made lol. That being said, if I can ignore that, the actual zombie shooting gameplay is quite fun and fluid, and the graphics are amazing :)

I wouldn't be worried about that, i'm on the last of Chris' chapters, and i've finished Leons and it's amazing. Leons campaign is definitely my favourite so far, but i like all of it. And it still feels like RE to me.

Mistcrawler

Well I'm glad to hear you're loving it - I just started the 2nd 'mission' under Chris's chapter, and I feel the same way right now. That being said, I'm still sticking to what I said about this not feeling like a Resident Evil game. Sure, there's zombies, and they have some re-occuring characters, but the series has evolved (and I'll stick with that word because it's nicer lol) into a different type and feel of game completely. In my mind, this has a lot of simliarities with the latest Final Fantasy game with my experience - the game play and graphics were off the charts, but the series seemed to ignore the thing that made it special in the first place - a compelling story that makes you feel for the characters (though I admit RE has, at the very least, a better story than FFXIII-2 so far, even if it does jump back and forth between characters). But where's the fear I felt in that mansion early in the series? Or the surprise when I discovered a new monster that was stalking me halfway through the game (first appearance of the lich comes to mind)? Or simply the fear that if I use two bullets and a herb on this monster, will I be able to survive when the next attack comes on an emptier inventory? And that last point is really bothersome to me in these latest games, and not just because of the inventory - I don't want to already know from the onset when a boss is near, or already know that I won't make it more than 10 seconds (at the very best) in one direction without getting attacked. I dunno - I'm rambling, but the point I'm trying to make is that this is an enjoyable game, but it's become something completely different than a true RE game for me anyways. It's just an all-out 3rd person shooter zombie killing fest with some story dribbled in (unless things change dramatically in the coming chapters).

Top Bottom