• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why not more games with Sir Spencer?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Having just learned some interesting background story surrounding the man behind it all, Oswell E. Spencer, I'm perplexed as to why his only real appearance in the series so far has been in RE5 only.

The man is basically the reason why the whole universe of Resident Evil exists. Wouldn't it be fascinating to have a game set in the 1960's about his expedition to West Africa? You could include so many other characters such as Edward Ashford and James Marcus in their youth. Or you can have a game set in the 1978 dealing with the first creation of zombies. It wouldn't be suitable as a main title, but a spin-off game perhaps? "Resident Evil Origins" would work. Or maybe they could revitalize the Chronicles series and name the game "Resident Evil: The Spencer Chronicles".

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It would be interesting to be sure for the Resident Evil universe to go back in time a bit to the beginning. We could most definitely have some outbreaks to fight thru during this time, though obviously not with our regular cast. The main character could be someone who works with Umbrella who got caught in it or, preferably for me personally, there could be an officer investigating the situation but your character perhaps dies at the end of the game instead of escaping with this news.

Unfortunately I don't think this will happen. I don't think that Capcom has the foresight to do that, to see that it could work and to create a game, or possibly a series, like Revelations, with that in mind.

It's a very good idea though.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Surely, if we have a game that takes place prior to the Mansion Incident then almost all the characters involved would have to be associated with Umbrella. Anyone else would be able to tell the outside world and we'd have a huge plothole.

There's one way to work around that though; if the protagonist we play as DIE at the end of the game, there wouldn't be a plothole.

Top Bottom