• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero Why did Zero alternate b/w real time & cgi cutscenes?

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
I mean it was just such an odd decision. The graphics were good enough to use the real time cutscenes throughout the whole game. I mean outside of the intro and endings, ReMake (released earlier on the same system no less) did this and it was a much better choice. I really wish Zero did the same thing because using cgi cutscenes throughout the game was not necessary and at that point were kind of outdated.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Huh? I'm talking about the game but then again I'm sure you already knew that. Can you please take the thread seriously. I'm really interested in what everyone thinks.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I prefer having CGI cutscenes personally. You're right that the graphics were good enough to use real time, like ReMake, it was a beautiful game. But I like the more "polished" looks of the CGI cutscenes.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I noticed that as well and wondered why it did not do what Remake did.

I guess since it was a prequel Capcom felt the need to have a lot more CGI custscenes in comparison to Resident Evil remake.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I'm not sure whether it takes more room on the disc to have a prerecorded cgi, or to use the ingame graphics (which in older REs tended to cause audible disc load often). But this may have something to do with it, RE0 having the additional zapping feature may have limited the capacity or something, but that's just a guess.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Maybe it was because it was the GameCube era.

The only game I played that had no CGI cutscenes was Smash Bros Melee

Top Bottom