• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Who would you like the next spin-off game (Revelations 3?) to feature?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm definitely not apposed to there being another side series. Whether or not Capcom would put in the (financial) efforts is another story though. If we had the choice, I think most fans can agree that we would rather them do a series like that than make more games like Umbrella Corps.

I'm still waiting on a full-blown mercenaries game with all past characters (even characters from S.T.A.R.S.) and a variety of maps. Of course that is a whole other topic...

On the subject of bringing back THE Albert Wesker:
I can see how fans would be annoyed with that direction, but there is definitely some entertaining storytelling to be had if they did decide to go that route. I'm sure we've all thought about the scenario of Albert and Alex coming face to face, or even Wesker and Jake. Chris would most certainly **** himself being in the same room with that man again.

Of course I'm also a fan of the idea of Wesker coming back as a sort of egotistical, money/power hungry antihero. That's a pretty cheesy idea even for RE standards though.

Last edited:

Unknown

Based on the RE5 live action trailers along with what occurs during the events of RE6, it's pretty safe to say that he has PTSD to some extent.

Those live action trailers were only ever meant to promote the game's "a fear you can't forget" slogan, they're made by marketing companies and not part of the canon.

He has PTA in RE6, as stated in the files.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Those live action trailers were only ever meant to promote the game's "a fear you can't forget" slogan, they're made by marketing companies and not part of the canon.

He has PTA in RE6, as stated in the files.

While the actual trailers may not be exact or canon to what actually goes on in the games, I do think that the creators wanted to represent Chris in a certain way that is pretty plausible to what he deals with behind the scenes. It is not hard to believe that a character like Chris would suffer some form of a psychological disorder- if not depression then most certainly PTSD.

It is very common with those who deal with war and battle- amongst other causes of traumatizing experiences. With RE5 it is even stated that, following the death of his partner and close friend Jill, Chris’ personality changed. With more negative and bitter views and, if I remember correctly, it was said that he even distanced himself from others. While focusing on getting bigger and stronger his only fuel is/was to seek vengeance against the likes of Wesker and bioterrorism. He clearly feels guilty for Jill’s death and, throughout RE5, we see he has random flashbacks when even the simple term “partner” is stated before him. Flashbacks are a common symptom with PTSD. It was a traumatizing event that clearly affected his daily life, personality, and outlook. Despite Jill’s obvious survival, those feeling and anxieties don’t simply go away.

Prior to the death of his team in RE6, we see that Chris was pretty content and a strong leader for the BSAA- he’s in a good place at this point and time in his life. Though that doesn’t mean that he hasn’t struggled with PTSD in the past. But then we see a complete change and this is due to the PTA- as stated in the files of RE6 after he sustains a head injury. From what I have read it is not very common for PTA to last longer than even a month- though of course every case is different. Meanwhile we see a completely defeated Chris in the bar drinking and smoking away any thoughts and feelings 6 months after the events in Edonia. This makes me speculate the possibility that he remembers something bad happened to him and maybe bits and pieces of the events came back but then he repressed said depressing thoughts and emotions with becoming dependent on alcohol.

By the end of RE6 we see Chris in the same bar only this time he has slowly come to terms with the events of RE6 and Pier’s sacrifice to save Chris along with the world (no doubt a form of guilt still bubbling within him for not being able to save Piers- possibly stirring up the same emotions he had after Jill's presumed death ).

Though some of this may be my personal interpretation, in the last couple games Chris has been presented as a character prone to different psychological disorders (between addiction, PTSD, and PTA).

Last edited:

Unknown

While the actual trailers may not be exact or canon to what actually goes on in the games, I do think that the creators wanted to represent Chris in a certain way that is pretty plausible to what he deals with behind the scenes. It is not hard to believe that a character like Chris would suffer some form of a psychological disorder- if not depression then most certainly PTSD.

It is very common with those who deal with war and battle- amongst other causes of traumatizing experiences. With RE5 it is even stated that, following the death of his partner and close friend Jill, Chris’ personality changed. With more negative and bitter views and, if I remember correctly, it was said that he even distanced himself from others. While focusing on getting bigger and stronger his only fuel is/was to seek vengeance against the likes of Wesker and bioterrorism. He clearly feels guilty for Jill’s death and, throughout RE5, we see he has random flashbacks when even the simple term “partner” is stated before him. Flashbacks are a common symptom with PTSD. It was a traumatizing event that clearly affected his daily life, personality, and outlook. Despite Jill’s obvious survival, those feeling and anxieties don’t simply go away.

Prior to the death of his team in RE6, we see that Chris was pretty content and a strong leader for the BSAA- he’s in a good place at this point and time in his life. Though that doesn’t mean that he hasn’t struggled with PTSD in the past. But then we see a complete change and this is due to the PTA- as stated in the files of RE6 after he sustains a head injury. From what I have read it is not very common for PTA to last longer than even a month- though of course every case is different. Meanwhile we see a completely defeated Chris in the bar drinking and smoking away any thoughts and feelings 6 months after the events in Edonia. This makes me speculate the possibility that he remembers something bad happened to him and maybe bits and pieces of the events came back but then he repressed said depressing thoughts and emotions with becoming dependent on alcohol.

By the end of RE6 we see Chris in the same bar only this time he has slowly come to terms with the events of RE6 and Pier’s sacrifice to save Chris along with the world (no doubt a form of guilt still bubbling within him for not being able to save Piers- possibly stirring up the same emotions he had after Jill's presumed death ).

Though some of this may all be my personal interpretation, in the last couple games Chris has been presented as a character prone to different psychological disorders (between addiction, PTSD, and PTA).

No, the creators of the campaign just wanted a way to demonstrate the "fear you can't forget" slogan stylistically, so they chose to show Chris literally not being able to forget it, allowing them to transition into gameplay footage as if he's recalling it. There's nothing more to it than that.

You're reading into everything else on a scale far greater than Capcom ever intended. Jill's death "changing" him in RE5 is just a way to enforce how strong a bond they have. If you're suggesting that Chris has PTSD during RE5 because of her "death", then you're way off. PTSD has never been a thing, there's definitely been no addiction subplots (in RE6, his drinking is just yet another plot device to show how he isn't himself anymore, it isn't referenced past the intro) and his PTA lasted long because the plot required it too.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
You're reading into everything else on a scale far greater than Capcom ever intended. Jill's death "changing" him in RE5 is just a way to enforce how strong a bond they have. If you're suggesting that Chris has PTSD during RE5 because of her "death", then you're way off. PTSD has never been a thing, there's definitely been no addiction subplots (in RE6, his drinking is just yet another plot device to show how he isn't himself anymore, it isn't referenced past the intro) and his PTA lasted long because the plot required it too.
youropinion_zps4otzpk41.gif

You're right. I should just view this game series as the hollow shell that it really is... Must be pretty awesome to speak with Capcom themselves and have all the answers.

Last edited:

Monster Mash

Interesting ideas, MM. More to the point, I just thought of all the different freaky monster/jumpscare scenarios you could pull off with hallucinogens (just thought of these for my game idea page I'm working on right now):

The zombies could basically look like your run-of-the-mil old-school zombies, but their faces could be mutilated in extremely graphic detail as a result of hallucinogenic effects, i.e: cartilage dangling out of deep depressions in their mutated skull, even wrapped around their exposed brain (ugh, sounds vomit-inducing just thinking about it). Not only that, but their appearance actually changes, becoming increasingly more frightening and sick-looking as your heart rate increases and your character nears death.

Classic monsters, such as Lickers, zombie dogs, etc. could be brought back in a much more advanced and scarier form. I.E: Lickers basically take the form of ghoul/demon-like monsters that randomly reach out and try to pull you from under bathroom stalls, darkened hallway corners. The dogs could resemble zombie/mutant werewolves with an exposed skeletal rib cage encased in Uroboros mass and a Plagas in its heart.

This is a pretty good idea; maybe if someone was gripped by fear, their ability to fight back could be compromised; combat could focus on ambushes and lightning attacks, with drawn-out combat being too dangerous. Personally, I think bringing back a version of the Regenerados would be perfect for something like this.

As for Natalex, while playing as Claire, she's basically Lisa from P.T., randomly appears through doorway cracks, down halls, randomly popping out of trap doors (got an Evil Dead vibe just now, LOL), ventilation systems, etc., even have a close up shot of her terrifying face randomly flash on-screen during a hallucinating cutscene after turning a hallway corner, donning a very zombie/ghost-like appearance. At one point, her mutated hand even slides out of a cuff port and she peers at you through the exposed peephole as you try opening a door (perhaps this could be her first appearance as a sort of "tease") or even while trying to unlock a door with Jill's lockpick. When she's not jumping at you from out of nowhere, she can be heard speaking to you through "voices" in your character's head, screeching, echoes, etc.

Also, just now I got a really awesome (or not, LOL) idea of what to make her look like. To really hit home the scare effect, maybe they could use Mary Shaw (Dead Silence) or the zombie girl (Devon) from Disturbed's "Inside the Fire" music video posted below as a template. She appears during the guitar solo IIRC (and quite frankly, I don't want to) though I must warn you it's not for the faint of heart, they even put a disclaimer warning you of its content before the vid starts (oh God, I'm gonna have nightmares having to look at anything remotely resembling either one of their faces again):

Imagine a Devon-looking Natalex randomly jumping out at you in P.T. Lisa-like fashion, I can only imagine that would cause a LOT of literal heart attacks while playing. She literally has to be seen in the posted vid to be believed of just how goddamn freaky she looks (just know that you can't unsee it), she looks scary as ****, arguably moreso than Lisa.

I think this could definitely be good; maybe it could be that Natalex touching you directly leads to an instant death, like Nicole at the end of Dead Space 2. Or maybe the closer you got, the more demented you become. This could be taken further. Maybe human allies could be infected with Alex's consciousness as well, and Claire ultimately could not trust anyone. This put together with my idea of an Plaga Leon could create a truly terrifying game.

When it comes to the theme of fear, Natalex could be an awesome way to inject a heavy dose of Lovecraftian horror into the series. There's always been some of it with the gothic atmosphere, strange monsters, and emphasis on the idea of a genetically superior super race, but some of the more psychological elements have not been delved into yet. If the t-phobos virus could be developed further, we could see a whole range of fear reactions from different characters based on their personal experiences. There would be Jake and his disgust and hatred with his Wesker DNA, Chris and his fear of losing his men, Jill of being captured and mind-controlled again, Claire of losing her brother, Helena's memories of having to kill her sister, Sheva of seeing her country be destroyed. These fears and mental scars could be used to manipulate the different characters. Childhood memories mixed with deep seated phobias to create mental hellish nightmare landscapes that would generate an extreme sense of alienation and helplessness, allowing Natalex to take control.

If you think about it, the main characters have seen things that would drive many people hopelessly insane. They've managed to keep things together for quite some time, but I don't think it would take much to keep all of those memories from being brought to the fore. If so, Natalex could seriously get inside the innermost psyches of all the heroes and turn them into her slaves. She wanted for a while for Claire to be her host, and maybe through psychic manipulations, this could temporarily happen; Clairex could become the supreme leader of the scattered Umbrella factions. Indeed, maybe several of the main characters could become her minions, with maybe only three left to defeat Natalex.

If we combine that with hallucinations concerning the body horror of different creatures, various emotional responses could be elicited. By this time, BOW's are well known to the public at large, and who knows what the general response has been. A fear virus unleashed across the world would cause serious societal breakdown, with people desperately looking for a savior. Into this void, Natalex could step forth as some kind of mother of all mankind. She could both feed and reduce their fear, making them hopelessly addicted to her mental energy.

Going further into the Lovecraftian vein, being possibly hundreds of millions of years, Las Plagas might well know secrets of ancient Earth unknown to man, and have bizarre religious ceremonies connected to their hive-like culture. From being masters of the planet, millions of people could be reduced into willing and unwilling slaves of the hive. This could benefit Natalex as she could position herself as some ancient deity come to give purpose to the human race; the purpose being to feed her. If there were any surviving members of Los Illuminados, maybe they could have genetic knowledge of ancient and long forgotten crypts and ruined cities, which could serve as focal points for the movement. If the "oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear," and Las Plagas are the primordial masters of Earth, the overarching theme could be humanity being cattle (ironic) to reshape the Earth into a Plaga empire and an emotional feeding trough which Natalex could feed from in her quest to transcend.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm definitely not apposed to there being another side series. Whether or not Capcom would put in the (financial) efforts is another story though. If we had the choice, I think most fans can agree that we would rather them do a series like that than make more games like Umbrella Corps.

I'm still waiting on a full-blown mercenaries game with all past characters (even characters from S.T.A.R.S.) and a variety of maps. Of course that is a whole other topic...

On the subject of bringing back THE Albert Wesker:
I can see how fans would be annoyed with that direction, but there is definitely some entertaining storytelling to be had if they did decide to go that route. I'm sure we've all thought about the scenario of Albert and Alex coming face to face, or even Wesker and Jake. Chris would most certainly **** himself being in the same room with that man again.

Of course I'm also a fan of the idea of Wesker coming back as a sort of egotistical, money/power hungry antihero. That's a pretty cheesy idea even for RE standards though.

Yup. There's so many storytelling possibilities they could take with him coming back.

Also, since Capcom does like to needlessly change the appearance of their major Resi characters, any chance they bring him back with black hair (if, by chance, they do go that route) kinda like what they did with Jill, changing her from brunette to blonde (which nobody asked for BTW)? Watch 'em explain that, "dur, Uroboros caused another abnormality in his DNA and absorbed the explosion! So he, like, came out of da magma still alive, 'cept now, he has scars n' burns all over his face. Oh, and the chemicals bleached his hair black 'cuz, dur, science!"

I actually could see them doing that TBH and it would actually be no worse than some of the other **** they've tried to sell us, Resi's no stranger to pseudo-science.

I got this idea from fan art BTW and it really does sound like something Capcom would do, right or wrong:

revived_wesker_2_by_zerofrust-d3705es.jpg

Which, hell, they could use that to give him a "disguise" in order to keep his return a secret for a time. It could also serve as the basis of a Wesker-Alex blood feud since he was apparently able to achieve the immortality she's been longing for, but could never achieve. It certainly makes sense with their philosophical differences (dread vs. annihilation). Perhaps they could start working together (be it momentarily or a permanent deal) and Wesker takes up an alias to keep their collusion a secret while sporting the new "do." To that end, kidnapping and using a hallucinogen on Jill would add to the mystique of him being alive or not.

It could also tie in Ada. Surely a spy like her would question Natalex doing all of this alone and "investigate" herself. So BAM! There's your first ever meeting between all 3 Resi female leads.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Yup. There's so many storytelling possibilities they could take with him coming back.

Also, since Capcom does like to needlessly change the appearance of their major Resi characters, any chance they bring him back with black hair (if, by chance, they do go that route) kinda like what they did with Jill, changing her from brunette to blonde (which nobody asked for BTW)? Watch 'em explain that, "dur, Uroboros caused another abnormality in his DNA and absorbed the explosion! So he, like, came out of da magma still alive, 'cept now, he has scars n' burns all over his face. Oh, and the chemicals bleached his hair black 'cuz, dur, science!"

I actually could see them doing that TBH and it would actually be no worse than some of the other **** they've tried to sell us, Resi's no stranger to pseudo-science.

I got this idea from fan art BTW and it really does sound like something Capcom would do, right or wrong:

revived_wesker_2_by_zerofrust-d3705es.jpg

Which, hell, they could use that to give him a "disguise" in order to keep his return a secret for a time. It could also serve as the basis of a Wesker-Alex blood feud since he was apparently able to achieve the immortality she's been longing for, but could never achieve. It certainly makes sense with their philosophical differences (dread vs. annihilation). Perhaps they could start working together (be it momentarily or a permanent deal) and Wesker takes up an alias to keep their collusion a secret while sporting the new "do." To that end, kidnapping and using a hallucinogen on Jill would add to the mystique of him being alive or not.

It could also tie in Ada. Surely a spy like her would question Natalex doing all of this alone and "investigate" herself. So BAM! There's your first ever meeting between all 3 Resi female leads.

That's really cool but you do realize Alex did achieve the means of immortality? So that part can we wiped off. I do like the art. Though it was meant to be for Alex Wesker when everyone thought he was a guy. There's a few other renders out there. One that is not a reskin of Dues Ex xD

latest

Anyways there are definitely some cool ways to bring Albert back. I have a few ideas of my own. Jake deserves to have his meet and greet as well lol. So my idea for Albert is quite different than what most people might expect or some may want. But it allows for fleshing out his character and exploring his past. A story that would allow him to discover himself and seek out the answers that have always eluded him. The last thing we need is what many of us say we want, and that's Albert trying to take over the world... and being that "comic book" villain that never learns. We don't need to damage his character. It needs to be meaningful and the hard part is finding a way to iron who he was in RE5 and the original games and make that more consistent with each other. So it would need to be a new direction that would both surprise players and leave a sense of familiarity of who he was then and who he is now. Maybe even uncovering some secrets of Umbrella's past

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
^If Wesker does come back, that's actually a very real possibility and would add another cloud of mystique. One of the older RE characters (one who's actually familiar with the Weskers AKA not an "average joe rookie") could mistake him for being another Wesker child or even a Wesker twin, and then later on, nope, turns out it's THE Wesker, just reanimated. How's THAT for a plot twist?

I could also see him wearing contacts to further disguise his identity, the red eyes would be a clear giveaway. Or hell, maybe they'd throw in some scientific mumbo jumbo about how the Uroboros chemicals, when mixed with the fiery substances (rocket explosion and surrounding magma) also bleached his eyes so that his pupils are red now, too, and the explosion basically Bison'ed him.

m__bison___streetfighter_ii_by_maijintheartist-d5b23js.png

That way, he'd actually appear somewhat frightening, hence would justify bringing him back in the revived Survival Horror setting even in the spin-offs. That's a Wesker revived picture, BTW, not a pre-reveal Alex design.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
If they really want to bring him back with a bang, they would have him strut into the room between Chris, Jake, and Alex, state "honey, I'm home!" then have him plant a searing (pun intended) kiss on Chris, thus leaving everyone else completely dumbfounded and slightly grossed out. Simple and to the point.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You forgot Jill! She should be in the room too. It would cast a completely new light on RE5: Chris didn't go to Africa to look for her after she and Wesker fell out of that window. He went there to look for his Wessie!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
All this Wesker talk just gave me an idea: I was thinking this would be a good time to introduce a Quiet-like new character, except in reverse: instead of superpowers, she has a chronic ailing condition that sets her back somehow (oh, and she can actually talk). Perhaps she's Wesker's second biological child born through an IVF procedure, meaning she has his slow aging and unique DNA as well and experimentation done on her causes her to have irreversible side effects affecting both her story and gameplay. There's your next Wesker child.

If they really do plan to roll with predominantly or entirely new characters moving forward, I think Resi die-hards could get behind her replacing Jill as the new lead female of the series, the bio-terror world of RE would be perfect for a new character with a Quiet-like condition (unlike the opposite: zombies in Metal Gear like Pachinkonami's trying to pull, LOL). They could even use her in the main/numbered entries (Resi 8 or 9), seeing these chronic symptoms in first person would go a long way in adding a sense of immersion. She'd be the very definition of a tortured soul character who just happens to literally be a Wesker child.

She'd make for an interesting confrontation with Jake as well, who I see being the Revelations 3 protagonist along with Sherry.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@KManX89

Was it? My bad I thought picture you posted was based on the same design I posted. My apologies.

Anyways back to the Albert revival. I have to disagree on one thing you said. I wouldn't consider a him being a clone or a twin that turns out to be "The Wesker" as you said. I don't see the element of surprise there and a lot of people would half expect it. Essentially I came up with ideas and outlines for 3 games and he may cameo in one of them as a "post cred scene" but he'd only be really present in 2 of them. In fact he wouldn't even be a primary villain. This is because it would "undermine" his character and even could cause RE5 and even prior games to lose meaning to a lot of players. It would also risk undermining Alex's character. Something that would be effectively a poor design choice and should be outright avoided. He can still be prominent, and he can still be "The Wesker" you know and love. Menacing and calculating, but for him to return. It must be meaningful or it shouldn't be done. Another thing I would do is quietly write out Uroboros. Honestly, I might be alone here... but I felt it was a poorly conceived virus. It didn't make sense pseudo-scientifically speaking like the other viruses did. It's weak to fire and lava burns it up. I can write it off while explaining how Albert survived the ordeal. Part of my plan is for people to not even realize it's Albert until the 3rd game in a certain scene despite him being heavily featured in the 2nd. Albert was heavily burned in his lava bath and probably suffered some severe burns and even lost some limbs, believe me. It would be easy to hide it even with D.C. Douglas reprising the role.

Rebecca (not Billy) and Chris. Chris will most likley not be in the mainline Resident Evil games anymore so we need to see him somewhere.

But knowing Capcom it will most likley be a ****ty love story with Leon and Ada.. ugh

black 93

My ideal Revelations 3 would be a continuation of the Alex/Natalia thing. That ending of Revelations 2 raised so many questions to me. When i saw the ending i was like "Ok the Burtons are going to be massacered in there beds...great". Since Capcom have a knack for bringing back classic characters in the Revelations games, id say Rebecca. Not sure how they'd work her in to the story after over a decade but that's what Vendetta is for. She's the only character with a long absence that hasnt returned yet( excluding Billy but that dude's long gone). However... if Capcom did go down the Rebecca and Billy road, they could make it so Billy had been on the run since 98, and Rebecca has been trying to clear his name. Chris and Leon have had their day now if you ask me, Chris has done pretty much everything he can do, killing Wesker, forming the BSAA, suffering PTSD, let the man rest now. When it comes to Jill iv given up, id love her back but Capcom have treat her like dog crap in the last decade. I mean come on, she spent RE5 as Weskers puppet and then vanishes. Yeah she was in Revelations 1, but that game was 12 years ago in the RE timeline. I refuse to accept anything other than Capcom just dont like Jill. Then everyone was so sure she'd be in RE7 but nope, so no hopes up there. Alex was too good of a villain to be introduced and killed in one game so id love her to come back. Saying all that though, i have no idea where Capcom are gunna go with story for any game. RE6 was explosions, Neo Umbrella and Ada clones, and RE7 looks like its gunna be gritty horror with some texas chainsaw mixed with Resident Evil. (Thats not a complaint, i do believe that when RE7 hits, its gunna be incredible and put all the doubts to bed ). Revelations 2 brought us back Barry and introduced Moira (who is easily my favourite new charcter in a long time) only to leave us with the inpression that they were in serious danger at the end. Im sure it will all come together, but at the minute everything is so up in the air. Got a little sidetracked there lol, but when it comes Revelations 3, id say Alex has to come back, and as for the hero's i have no idea.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
From the way things were left off in RE6, Chris has room for at least one more game. There is still so much that Capcom can do between Chris and Jake and even Leon (if they don't fully tackle that in Vendetta).

I think Capcom regretted making Chris (along with Wesker) so "comic bookie" in RE5- it was poor storytelling and that's probably why Capcom went the direction they did with Chris in RE6. They wanted to make him a flawed human battling his own struggles- at least that is why the RE6 Chris is my favorite Chris. He was sort of an antihero in RE6 and everyone loves a good antihero (ahem Joel from The Last of Us and John Marston). My main point, from this little tangent, is that Capcom may be trying to stray away from the superhero and supervillain clichés rather than past characters all together. Just look at their writing and character development in Revelations 2. Hopefully this will be the start of them giving characters like Chris and Jill more personality in any future instalments. Unfortunately they can't undo Chris' boulder punching tendencies, but I'm all for writing that off so long as we get a more humanized Chris in any newer instalments.

That all said:
I do want to see the return of Jill and Rebecca. I think it is pretty obvious, at this point, that Rebecca is returning to the series with Vendetta and possibly RE7. There was that one picture of a female who looks ridiculously similar to Rebecca in the RE7 trailer and I don't think it is a coincidence. With them adding Rebecca into RE5's mercenaries as well as revamping RE0, I think Capcom has been planning her return for some time.

Jill is my main concern though- not sure when we will be seeing her again but I hope it will be in the next Revelations game and if not that, then maybe the next number title. I don't think it's that Capcom hates her, per say, because she is honestly part of the reason why this series has been so successful. It could be that they are still trying to decide a good story for her where she can hold her own.

I still stand by with wanting to see Alex/Moira featured in a number title. Their story is worthy of going mainstream because they are the best thing since Albert Wesker.

Last edited:

black 93

From the way things were left off in RE6, Chris has room for at least one more game. There is still so much that Capcom can do between Chris and Jake and even Leon (if they don't fully tackle that in Vendetta).

I think Capcom regretted making Chris (along with Wesker) so "comic bookie" in RE5- it was poor storytelling and that's probably why Capcom went the direction they did with Chris in RE6. They wanted to make him a flawed human battling his own struggles- at least that is why the RE6 Chris is my favorite Chris. He was sort of an antihero in RE6 and everyone loves a good antihero (ahem Joel from The Last of Us and John Marston). My main point, from this little tangent, is that Capcom may be trying to stray away from the superhero and supervillain clichés rather than past characters all together. Just look at their writing and character development in Revelations 2. Hopefully this will be the start of them giving characters like Chris and Jill more personality in any future instalments. Unfortunately they can't undo Chris' boulder punching tendencies, but I'm all for writing that off so long as we get a more humanized Chris in any newer instalments.

That all said:
I do want to see the return of Jill and Rebecca. I think it is pretty obvious, at this point, that Rebecca is returning to the series with Vendetta and possibly RE7. There was that one picture of a female who looks ridiculously similar to Rebecca in the RE7 trailer and I don't think it is a coincidence. With them adding Rebecca into RE5's mercenaries as well as revamping RE0, I think Capcom has been planning her return for some time.

Jill is my main concern though- not sure when we will be seeing her again but I hope it will be in the next Revelations game and if not that, then maybe the next number title. I don't think it's that Capcom hates her, per say, because she is honestly part of the reason why this series has been so successful. It could be that they are still trying to decide a good story for her where she can hold her own.

I still stand by with wanting to see Alex/Moira featured in a number title. Their story is worthy of going mainstream because they are the best thing since Albert Wesker.
RE6 Chris was my favourite too, in fact him and his campaign were my personal highlight of the entire game. You have a point there with him and Jake, i totally forgot about him. Would be cool to see him and Chris meet again because that cutscene between them was awesome. And yeah i was just kidding with my comment about Jill :p i just really hope she comes back because her and Chris are my favourite characters. Im honestly surprised they've left her out this long, i was really expecting her in 7 :/

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Sheesh...It's been a while since I was here online the last time. I've been way too busy hyping Mass Effect: Andromeda. I was keep throwing money at my screen but that didn't get the game released sooner *sighs* I guess I have to wait for Spring 2017 then >.>

Anyways...I want to see first and foremost Jill back. I want to see Rebecca too, but she already has two roles (Biohazard:The Stage and now im the upcoming Vendetta) which of course makes seeing Jill a priority again :biggrin: Good to see I'm not the only one...

When it comes to Jill iv given up, id love her back but Capcom have treat her like dog crap in the last decade. I mean come on, she spent RE5 as Weskers puppet and then vanishes. Yeah she was in Revelations 1, but that game was 12 years ago in the RE timeline. I refuse to accept anything other than Capcom just dont like Jill. Then everyone was so sure she'd be in RE7 but nope, so no hopes up there.

@black 93 you're not the only one who thinks Crapcom... er I mean Capcom dislikes Jill. A lot of her fans feel the same way. Hell, even I as a long time Jill/RE fan have this strange feeling of the current dev team not liking her, even if she has all this potential after what happened to her in RE5, they still don't give a flying f*ck about her. It's a shame though, because she is pretty much the only reason why I still like the series...Chris didn't jibe with me for some reason in 6 even if he wasn't that bad there :sad: I dunno but his story in RE6 riped off a lot of elements from Mass Effect 3, imo. That's why I'm not so fond of him there.

@bSTAR_182 It's easily understandable why most Jill fans think Capcom hates her.

When you think about it, when was the last time we saw her within RE's timeline? The answer is RE5, which was back in 2009. Revelations 1 may have been released in 2012 but the game itself was set in 2005, which was 12 years ago! Besides in how many canonical stuff has Jill appeared outside the games in comparison to other characters in the series? I mean Chris had his own stage play, he had a manga series and now he'll be in Vendetta plus he's seen as a figurehead of the BSAA, even if Jill is a co-founder of it, but she doesn't get as much recognition as he does. Hell, even Rebecca has now two appearances in a row while Jill's fate is still a big mystery for her fans.

Other than that there still many unanswered questions regarding Jill, like: What has she been doing all the time and how does she deal with everything after Wesker's defeat. What happened to her partnership with Chris? And so on... The thing is they haven't really answered these questions. Anyway, I hope when they bring her back, they make her more human and please no more Revelations 1 Jill, she was straight up awful and horrible:mad: Hopefully they don't sweep Jill being Wesker's slave for 3 years under a rug. I think this experience could give Jill an interesting story:biggrin:

BTW @black 93 & @bSTAR_182 How do you know Jill won't be in RE7:eek:?? Have you guys already played the game?? Tell me about the ending... I'm interested. lol Joke:razz: AFAIK, The said old characters (note that they used plural! here) will have cameos in 7, so Jill might be one of them...

STEM_inhabitant

I would love nothing more than to see Jill return to RE in a major capacity. She's my favourite character from the series too.
But I don't want to see her dealing with stupid superhuman abilities or a fancy-spider-on-chest thingy. I also don't want her to look like Nina from Tekken, just give us the realistic survivor version of Jill from RE3.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Let's be real here, @N7Valentine a measly cameo of Jill Valentine in RE7 isn't going to settle your fanboy needs. :wink:

She deserves her own major title with or without Chris. I'm sure Capcom is trying to cook something up for her seeing as they did mention her in the emails of Revelations 2. She's all but forgotten. But I agree, I hope they use her classic looks for the next game that she is featured in.

Top Bottom