• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Who thinks there should be a Carla campaign?

Carla's own campaign?

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Are you insane?!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Because... I do. There are many reasons for this as she's seen in everyone's campaign! It'd be interesting playing as the bad guy (or gal in this sense) for once.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I just had to pick the third option, was too tempting.

It would work out but sadly that doesn't mean it will happen just like a Wesker Campaign in some of the previous REs didn't happen.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I was actually wondering if that might happen in DLC. I realized at some point that she's the only character playable in Mercs, but not playable in the campaign. I would love to see that happen. And being the bad guy would put a cool spin on things. Kind of like killing Leon in ORC =p.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
While I don't believe that this will ever happen, I would buy it at once if it did! There are several passages in the game that could be made playable from her point of view: Everything that happens in Edonia, the car chase in Chris's third chapter, the fight against Ada (although that would be odd since Carla is predestined to lose, but then again, the objective could be to cause as much damage as possible before she goes down and the final rank could even depend on that), as well as all those times she runs from someone (mainly the BSAA). That's probably not enough for a whole campaign, but other stuff could be added, like a journey to the underwater base to install Haos there, and a fight against Ustanak who just came out of his cocoon and needs to be "tamed" first.

Enemies wouldn't be a problem either. The J'avo drop out because they seem to be "programmed" to follow Carla's orders (except for a few that might put up resistance), but other mutations such as zombies and the Ubistvo attack anything.

It would work out but sadly that doesn't mean it will happen just like a Wesker Campaign in some of the previous REs didn't happen.

Weren't there several canon Wesker levels in one of the Chronicles games? But yeah, RE1 would have been interesting from his point of view.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I think the only real problem with a Carla campaign is that you couldn't really win. I mean, her fate isn't really left to the imagination! However, I think that would be a big part of what would make it such an enjoyable addition. How often does the protagonist f*cking die in a campaign? Not very.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
It'd be interesting to have an alternate ending much like ORC where you get to either save or kill Leon. You could do the same with Ada. ;) It just wouldn't be canon but... it'd kind of be like the different endings to REmake/RE1!

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
It'd be interesting to have an alternate ending much like ORC where you get to either save or kill Leon. You could do the same with Ada. ;) It just wouldn't be canon but... it'd kind of be like the different endings to REmake/RE1!
So we would play as Carla's Boss form during her Campaign? That must be the funniest idea I've heard in a long while. lmao
After killing Ada, Carla or more precisely what's left of her swims off in the sunset much like the classic helicopter flying off, eh? XD

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
That was one of the things I really would've liked in RE6; 'Bad' endings. One of the things I liked most about the old games was that, if you did a s*itty job playing, you got an equally s*itty ending. It was great motivation for improvement!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
One of the things I liked most about the old games was that, if you did a s*itty job playing, you got an equally s*itty ending. It was great motivation for improvement!

And a great motivation to replay the game in general, I liked it too, but I'm afraid if they did that again now, it would only screw up the canon even more than it already is... :confused: The main series actually only has two games whose endings depend on how you play, but those were already enough to have players forever wonder what happened to Rebecca, Barry, Nicholai, and maybe some other people as well.

Fenris

Wolf :)
Personally, I don't need a Carla campaign. I think there is nothing important which requires a complete new campaign. The only interesting part of Carlas Story would be, how her look got changed but I don't think that we need a complete new campaign for it. I think it's the same with Wesker: It's quite good that we don't see everything happening and that there are still a few suprising moments in the games which would got ruined if there would be a campaign about every little event that has happend. And enough is enough: We have 4 campaigns in RE6 and instead of expanding RE6 with a lot of useless stuff (which could set the expections for RE7 on a too higher level) Capcom should rather focus on a good RE7 and good spin offs.

Top Bottom