• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who the hell does ada really work for?

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
Okay so I am surprised that this hasn't come up with. Okay in RE we know that she....... faked a relationship with an employee at an umbrella branch of Chicago in order to get closer to umbrella to obtain research from them. During the outbreak of raccoon city she was working under Albert Wesker in order to obtain the g virus, however we also know that she was working for Derrick Simmons at the same time doing some missions for him. She ends up obtaining the g virus sample for Wesker and escapes via an umbrella chopper leaving the city moments before its destruction. She learns that Simmons was one of the ones who made the decision to blow up the city so she leaves Simmons. in 2004 She then obtains a las plagla's sample for Wesker but not the one he wanted. We also know she is working for the "3d organization" or something like that. and no the organization is not tricell that wouldn't make any sense because Wesker had to get a dominant sample himself from the body of Krauser. And in RE 6 we still don't know who she is working for. Seriously if anyone has any theories then please enlighten me.............

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well, according to RE Wiki, Ada was significantly based off of Nikita by Luc Besson.

Series creator Shinji Mikami is a big time film buff, so it may be with little surprise that the character of Ada Wong has quite a few similarities to the protagonist of Nikita (La Femme Nikita). Both Ada and Nikita are women who have been "reborn" in one way or another, signified by a scene where they look into a mirror and vow to leave their past behind. Both women are femme fatale archetypes, skilled female assassins and super spies who work for a mysterious organization. They're deadly in more ways than one, equally adept at weaponry, combat, and assassination as they are with using their feminine wiles to catch unsuspecting men off guard. Both Ada and Nikita also share one major flaw in their assassin career, a love for a man. They often find themselves unable to go through with certain orders due to a conflict with their feelings for a man they love. Both women even have a very shady superior they answer to: Michael for Nikita, and Wesker for Ada. Both Michael and Wesker are black-clad men whose cool exterior hides a ruthless nature. The title screen for Separate Ways even resembles the original poster for Nikita (La Femme Nikita) right down to the title character being in the same pose. Although the characters and storylines share obvious differences as well, it's impossible to not notice the similarities. This could offer some insight into Ada's mysterious past and place in the world as well.
My best bet is that Mikami intended for the '3rd Organization' to be similar to the organization Nikita worked for. In the movie this organization was called 'Centre' and was suggested to be part of the Directorate-General for External Security, which is responsible for "providing intelligence and national security, notably by performing paramilitary and counterintelligence operations abroad" according to Wikipedia. In the 1990s television series this government organization was called 'Section One', and was an elite, Machiavellian top-secret counter-terrorism organization.

I noticed a lot of Ada's storylines have been ripped from Nikita - Nikita had been required on several occasions to become romantically involved with targets for information, double cross terrorists and other criminals, and she has even stolen strands of deadly viruses for research/other purposes. This is why it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the organization Ada works for was originally intended to be similar to Centre or Section One. But who knows now that Mikami is no longer involved.

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
Well, according to RE Wiki, Ada was significantly based off of Nikita by Luc Besson.

My best bet is that Mikami intended for the '3rd Organization' to be similar to the organization Nikita worked for. In the movie this organization was called 'Centre' and was suggested to be part of the Directorate-General for External Security, which is responsible for "providing intelligence and national security, notably by performing paramilitary and counterintelligence operations abroad" according to Wikipedia. In the 1990s television series this government organization was called 'Section One', and was an elite, Machiavellian top-secret counter-terrorism organization.

I noticed a lot of Ada's storylines have been ripped from Nikita - Nikita had been required on several occasions to become romantically involved with targets for information, double cross terrorists and other criminals, and she has even stolen strands of deadly viruses for research/other purposes. This is why it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the organization Ada works for was originally intended to be similar to Centre or Section One. But who knows now that Mikami is no longer involved.
thank you.

Top Bottom