• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Who should be in RE7?

Who should return in the next installment?

• Jill

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Rebecca

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Billy

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Carlos

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Helena

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Sherry

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Jake

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Chris

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Leon

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • HUNK

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

masterfortesque

Where is the "other" option?

While I like most all of the characters, I think RE should move on with a coherent and sensible plot. I don't think anyone is an absolute must, they could go for an all new cast trapped in some new terror and I would kind of like that. But because RE6 ending is what it is I'd say Jake is the only one who has to return in RE7. From logic perspective Chris or Leon will probably sell the game to the male audience and Claire or Jill is likely, but otherwise it's lottery. Barry, Carlos or HUNK could return but there seems to be no reason so could be anyone.

I don't really understand the obsession of needing to know how each character is doing. If Barry has retired to some far away cabin, or had a stroke and died then let him be.

EDIT: Big part of me thinks RE7 should be the absolute NO HOPE episode in which half of the existing characters die or are permanently wounded. It's getting really anti-horror and anti-dramatic that Leon, Chris and the gang keep walking from disaster to disaster witnessing everyone else dying in nightmarish way but they keep going unscathed.
Capcom needs to decide whether they want to go story first or gameplay first. If the game was all about gameplay and Chris was just a avatar like in RE1 I wouldn't mind, but lately they have turned the game into a dramatic movie where everyone around the (super)hero is fair game and it really kills the mood (Chris banging his head and Piers saving him from multiple tank zombies yeah). If they want a strong story in a world that is about to end they need some fatalities and not from the cast of new convenient expendables.

meg5493

I want Claire and maybe Leon too but he should die in one of the endings if don't do certain things. Since Capcom has tried to kill Leon twice

Top Bottom