• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 WHO ELSE JUST ENDED RESIDENT EVIL 7 [SPOILERS ALERT!]

ToCool74

Veteran Member
His face is completely different. I didn't say it wasn't possible it's him. But he's not the only one that wears the Umbrella outfit and gas mask. And with young James Marcus and old James Marcus, you could tell it was the same guy. Look at the unmasked HUNK in Outbreak, they look nothing alike.

So Chris looks more like him?

Come on man, I made it clear that he looks more like HUNK than Chris, did not say that they looked exactly alike but there is more of a resemblance to the former.

And is that HUNK model in outbreak even canon?

Hell is outbreak itself even canon?

Heard they just used the model of Nicholai for HUNK in that game.

And either way the HUNK in the outbreak game has NOTHING to do with the story whatsoever and can only be accessed while cheating, pretty sure its not canon in the slightest.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

Come on man, I made it clear that he looks more like HUNK than Chris, did not say that they looked exactly alike but there is more of a resemblance to the former.

And either way the HUNK in the outbreak game has NOTHING to do with the story whatsoever and can only be accessed while cheating, pretty sure its not canon in the slightest.
I said he looks like neither, it's not like it can only be one or the other. Outbreak is canon. It was still what HUNK was at least going to look like. I never said it was canon, but you'd think their model for him would still look like him, and he does look like what you can see of his face in 3 and Umbrella Chronicles. It's not Nicholai.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

I said he looks like neither, it's not like it can only be one or the other. Outbreak is canon. It was still what HUNK was at least going to look like. I never said it was canon, but you'd think their model for him would still look like him, and he does look like what you can see of his face in 3 and Umbrella Chronicles. It's not Nicholai.

That model is only accessible through cheating which means it was never meant to be a part of the game at all and chances are it was merely a placeholder, as I said earlier its been said many times around the web that the model was modeled after Nicholai and after having a closer look it seems obvious.

iq19jjz.jpg

As you can see this HUNK (on the left) and Nicholai (on the right) looks EXACTLY alike.

Point being, you really can not use a model that was never supposed to see the light of day as canon to HUNK's unmasked appearance within the official canon continuity of Resident Evil, as it stands the only canon image of HUNK unmasked is the one I posted in my initial post and the only ingame one being Umbrella Chronicles which shows his face briefly and not all the clearly.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
That model is only accessible through cheating which means it was never meant to be a part of the game at all and chances are it was merely a placeholder, as I said earlier its been said many times around the web that the model was modeled after Nicholai and after having a closer look it seems obvious.

iq19jjz.jpg

As you can see this HUNK (on the left) and Nicholai (on the right) looks EXACTLY alike.

Point being, you really can not use a model that was never supposed to see the light of day as canon to HUNK's unmasked appearance within the official canon continuity of Resident Evil, as it stands the only canon image of HUNK unmasked is the one I posted in my initial post and the only ingame one being Umbrella Chronicles which shows his face briefly and not all the clearly.
Nicholai was in Outbreak too, and he didn't look quite like that. I see what you're saying, but it's still possible that's what they wanted him to look like, he does resemble what he looked like in 3.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I don't see why we shouldn't take his identity at face value (hehe accidental puns), at least until proven otherwise. I don't think Vendetta Chris looks like the Chris from 5 and 6, but I'm not about to question his identity because of it. I mean, would people be having this debate if the guy at the end of the game said "I'm Chris Redfield", wore BSAA attire, and flew away in a BSAA/unmarked helicopter? I think it's possible that we could be asking the wrong questions here. Let's assume, just for a moment, that it is in fact Chris Redfield. The discussion of his physical appearance becomes arbitrary, so let's put that aside. He introduces himself as Redfield. Perhaps its not his MO, but people are not defined by the form of their introductions. That's not to say that people's mannerisms are not defining characteristics, because they are, but I can guarantee that I've not introduced myself the same way to everyone I've met. Not only that, but just the words themselves seemed uncharacteristic. His tone seemed perfectly normal for the Chris we know: somewhat gruff and perhaps curt, but not unkind. Then we have his attire. His getup is most likely a product of the organization with which he is associated. He wore STARS clothing in 1 and BSAA clothing in 5 and 6. Essentially this means that if we take the shift in organization for which he works at face value, the clothing he is wearing is not in itself unusual. Which brings me to my final point. This guy is linked to umbrella. The Chris we know would never work for, or even associate himself with, the umbrella we know in any way. No matter what. This means, that should Chris Redfield indeed work for umbrella, either Chris changed, or umbrella did. So the question then becomes, what happened? What changed? Why is Chris working for umbrella? How does umbrella even exist? What does umbrella now do? Did Chris become a bad guy? If so, what caused it? I don't mean to suggest that it's impossible for this guy to be someone other than Chris Redfield, but there's more to consider than just that he might be an imposter.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Nicholai was in Outbreak too, and he didn't look quite like that. I see what you're saying, but it's still possible that's what they wanted him to look like, he does resemble what he looked like in 3.

Its possible, but I highly doubt it given its identical appearance to Nicholai from RE3, it points to it being nothing more than a placeholder model that they probably would have went back to refine if they had decided to actually add HUNK to the game, since they did not they kept the Nichalai inspired placeholder model blocked off ingame, that is my guess anyway.

I mean, would people be having this debate if the guy at the end of the game said "I'm Chris Redfield", wore BSAA attire, and flew away in a BSAA/unmarked helicopter?

Probably not, but that is the whole point, the fact that this guy has a allegiance to Umbrella and is wearing a Umbrella corps uniform is what is sparking this debate, the whole face thing is only a small part of it, if the guy had a BSAA uniform and also flew away in a BSAA helicopter I would probably just chalk it up as nothing more than a redesign, but since that is not what happen that is why we fans having been discussing this.

The face thing is only part of this, make no mistake its not central to it.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Even looking at the 3 epilogue, where it's kind of hard to see his face properly, his head shape looks a lot different to "Redfield". It could just be a redesign, but I don't know.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
It's not Hunk unless he was 16 years old when he stole the G-Virus in Raccoon City.

Covered this earlier, Resident Evil is a universe where all it takes is a virus infection for you to stop aging, Wesker and Marcus are proof of this, and considering HUNK deals in various types of Virus retrievals he could easily get access to them, that is assuming it is HUNK mind you, but saying "no because age does not match" really is kinda mute here.

Top Bottom