• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Which scenario do you prefer?

Which scenario do you prefer?

• Total voters

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
A simple question that I haven't found another thread about, so: Do you prefer to play the game as Chris or Jill?

As for me, even though I originally started as Jill and played through her scenario a couple of times before even touching Chris, my vote ultimately goes to him. Why? Because...

... I like the characters Chris and Rebecca more than Jill and Barry.
... Their scenario has more variety because you get to play as both characters. (Although the name of one specific achievement/trophy for the upcoming remaster makes me hope we get to play as Barry as well.)
... The story makes more sense with regard to RE's future (or more precisely, the Chris/Wesker rivalry).
... It's more challenging because you don't have a tall, muscular veteran to save you every time the ceiling comes down, and you have to fight dangerous enemies with the shotgun rather than relying on the bazooka.
... This only concerns the Remake: While the lockpick clearly gave Jill an advantage in the original game, I think Chris's lighter is much more useful this time around, especially since the lockpick no longer opens doors, only drawers, and I'm one of the few people who think the game offers enough supplies to survive the Easy and Normal modes without depending on the extra supplies from the drawers. (But you can still get them with small keys.)

The only thing that can get seriously annoying about Chris is his tiny inventory, but he makes up for it by carrying one crucial item with him at all times (the lighter can do more than just burn zombie corpses, after all).

That's why I prefer Chris's scenario, but I do enjoy Jill's as well. What about you?

... Edit: Almost forgot the hand grenades he puts in the zombies' mouths!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I, too, prefer Chris's scenario for a lot of the same reasons you said. Plus, I also find Jill's scenario fun too.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I'm assuming this the directors cut?

Anyway I pick Jill because I think it's much easier, with her lockpick, to go places and get Items quicker.

rockstarbd82

Jill all the way. Jill had alot more character and appeal with a more interesting "trust" plot element and working relationship with Barry.

Chris's story on the other hand, while bad ass looking and more of a challenge to play as, was kinda boring and lacked any real character imo.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
it's really close, but rebecca as a playable character gives chris the slight edge :p
also i think his scenario is a bit more difficult, and with RE, the more difficult the better imo.

black 93

probably chris, he may have less space but he's better with weapons . If im remembering right hes got a better chance of a headshot, and he dosent have a ton of recoil like jill does. He's on his own more and rebecca isnt as big a help as barry. She can heal you a couple times sure, but bazza gets you the shotgun quicker, gives you acid rounds and kills the plant for you. I prefer the feeling of bein alone and having less powerful weapons ( fighting multiple hunters with a shotgun is tough).

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I can't really remember the ins and outs
And I never played the remake so I had never encountered a crimson head zombie before ORC.
But for some reason I think Jill's was more enjoyable. Plus barry is in it

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Jill in the original, Chris in REmake.
Not treading any new ground here. Jill for narmy Barry, Chris for his lighter.
6f2837685d1b944d43fea85f093c1010.png

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Though, I do enjoy the greater challenge Chris poses, I just really like Jill and Barry. So, Jill all the way for me!

Aurelius

I think they might be tied as it depends on the version of the game. For the original/director's cut, it's Jill. As for the remake, Chris mostly because of the lighter. I may or may not change my mind as this is my first time playing the remake.

TJay

Premium
I voted for Chris but I'm in the camp of "Chris for the remake, Jill for the original".

When I recently replayed REmake, I'd come straight from replaying Zero,. so it made sense to play as Chris (with Rebecca showing up & all). So it was more of a personal choice of how I wanted to play/who I wanted to see rather than a clear favourite. But I did enjoy Chris' scenario more in the REmake.

It's been a while since I played the original but it was totally the opposite, Jill was a clear favourite back then - funnier interactions & more item slots were a huge plus.

ArabPikachu

I voted Chris because he's my #1 favorite character in the series:happy:

On another note, my vote for Chris made a tie-break in this thread's poll.
:shocked:

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I've yet to play as Chris so I'm looking forward to seeing how different it is.

KevinStriker

I gotta find my Wii, hook it back up and play this game again... with a guide this time.
I might enjoy this game better if I'm not yelling at the ceiling "WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!" half the time.
Seriously, took 12 hours blind.

Fenris

Wolf :)
I pick Jill. I like the whole "distrust" plot with Barry and his involvement with Wesker. That made Wesker even more of an asshole, Chris' scenario had nothing like this. I prefer the lockpick over the lighter. And even though I might be the only one here, I prefer Barry over Rebecca. I never really bought the whole "rookie" thing. Zombies and Monsters are nothing that Chris, Jill and Barry have already faced, so they should be on the same level as Rebecca (and you can't tell me that she passed police academy without ever using a gun or other special abilities). With Zero along the way, it gets more bizarre. Involving Barrys family was a good idea, it gave Barry more of a personality and made him stand out. And the fact that Jill needed rescue from Barry, makes it more realistic in my opinion and shows how she developed in the series.

AdaWait

I gotta find my Wii, hook it back up and play this game again... with a guide this time.
I might enjoy this game better if I'm not yelling at the ceiling "WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!" half the time.
Seriously, took 12 hours blind.

Oh once I finish the REmake blind I'll post my time and rank. I think so far I've been at 6 or 7 hours. It took me like 40 minutes to create the Vjolt and I couldn't figure out how to use it...

The whole crimson head burning mechanic increases play time because you have to run around and burn zombies, then run back to get more fuel, then run around again. Takes forever.

KevinStriker

Oh once I finish the REmake blind I'll post my time and rank. I think so far I've been at 6 or 7 hours. It took me like 40 minutes to create the Vjolt and I couldn't figure out how to use it...

The whole crimson head burning mechanic increases play time because you have to run around and burn zombies, then run back to get more fuel, then run around again. Takes forever.

I've found out it's in your best interest not to burn every body, since you have a limited amount of kerosene. Just burn bodies in high-traffic areas.

AdaWait

Yeah I burned just the ones in the hallways and where I would be running back through. Left the ones in the rooms of course.

Still, I ended up taking too long and had to kill a few crimson heads. There is that one in the beginning you can trap with the cabinet as well.

Plus I've run out of fuel already. There is are only three locations that I can remember. I think there is one in the cabin, but I'm not coming back there, that scary thing in chains is back there...

Top Bottom