• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which boss was easy/hard for you?

ArabPikachu

Personally, I'd say Salazar was the hardest boss-battle in BH4. He's that one boss where I didn't use any weapons except the Rocket Launcher to chip his health. Even when I tried using other weapons to chip his health, he'd eventually kill me.

Last edited:

Shaun Dewey

Krauser is always the most difficult for me.
Easiest, Salazar, Salazars Right hand, Saddler. the first two die to 1 rocket, that you can buy literally moments before their fights.
Saddler, like 5 TMP rounds, a rocket and hitting him with the metal pylons even on professional is enough to get the special rocket launcher.

Krauser though....yeah you can knife him relatively easy but the dude is stupidly fast, at-least you can freeze the Right Hand.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I've basically gotten so good at RE4 that I have so much money by the time I get to Salazar's boss fight, even after upgrading, that I just buy a rocket launcher, shoot the thing in the eye with a Magnum, and then blast Salazar and save all my ammo.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Way back in the day. It was Salazar xD When I replayed the game a couple months ago.... he was easy -_-

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Especially easy when you have a ton of money and buy a rocket and kill him in one hit.

LOL! That's what I did when I was younger any played it the first time. Now I just used a sniper and stand on the top middle. When he's ready to eat my I just try to poke him in the eye with my bullet. Side stepping... I found is a great way to get eaten alive or smacked to the side.

Ugh... I also didn't pick up the thermal scope on my first play through. I had to use an RPG to kill the regenerator with the key -_- Those things are motherfuckers when you don't have the scope.

KevinStriker

LOL! That's what I did when I was younger any played it the first time. Now I just used a sniper and stand on the top middle. When he's ready to eat my I just try to poke him in the eye with my bullet. Side stepping... I found is a great way to get eaten alive or smacked to the side.

Ugh... I also didn't pick up the thermal scope on my first play through. I had to use an RPG to kill the regenerator with the key -_- Those things are motherfuckers when you don't have the scope.

If your sniper rifle is strong enough, they die from too many hits. Not that it makes a difference now, that rocket was fired at that Iron Maiden looong ago.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
If your sniper rifle is strong enough, they die from too many hits. Not that it makes a difference now, that rocket was fired at that Iron Maiden looong ago.

Yes it was! Right when that game came out :p I swear to god that the HD version is way easier than the Game Cube version. I remember it being harder and have way more enemies on screen.... and the AI was better...

KevinStriker

Yes it was! Right when that game came out :p I swear to god that the HD version is way easier than the Game Cube version. I remember it being harder and have way more enemies on screen.... and the AI was better...

It's not your imagination, the GameCube version does have better AI. From the PS2 version onward, the AI was made to be rock stupid because I guess people complained about the AI on the GC being cheap AKA smart.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It's not your imagination, the GameCube version does have better AI. From the PS2 version onward, the AI was made to be rock stupid because I guess people complained about the AI on the GC being cheap AKA smart.

I think it was because the PS2 couldn't handle that kind of AI xD AI is a technical achievement that people really like. If you want cheap AI well... we are both MGS fans so yeah rock that! Also Resident Evil has always had phenomenal AI for it's times.

PierreLeSang

The most annoying one and i guess the hardest was the one with constant quick time events, that black one - bodyguard of that little guy from the castle.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The most annoying one and i guess the hardest was the one with constant quick time events, that black one - bodyguard of that little guy from the castle.

I quite liked that fight. I thought it was a lot of fun. Having to run around and dodge him. Use the tanks to freeze him and blast him apart. He's optional he will sink into your ammo supply. So you need to be smart about if you want to fight him or not. I think he's a very fun fight and his character model design was pretty bad ass.

PierreLeSang

I quite liked that fight. I thought it was a lot of fun. Having to run around and dodge him. Use the tanks to freeze him and blast him apart. He's optional he will sink into your ammo supply. So you need to be smart about if you want to fight him or not. I think he's a very fun fight and his character model design was pretty bad ass.

Is there a way not to fight him ? I always had the feeling that just after i killed him the elevator would start working :)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Is there a way not to fight him ? I always had the feeling that just after i killed him the elevator would start working :)

Nope the elevator is on a timer. My first play through I didn't kill him. I show him a bunch of times and saw my ammo count and was like.... oh ****. I ****ed myself over so hard on my first play through. I never even found the thermal scope and the Regenerators were such a bitch to deal with. I literally had to waste my RPG on the one that has the key. The original game is ****ing intense without the thermal scope. Such a pain in the ass when the Iron Maidens are constantly reaching out for you.

Honestly the HD version made everything much easier than the original GCN version.

PierreLeSang

. I never even found the thermal scope and the Regenerators were such a bitch to deal with. I literally had to waste my RPG on the one that has the key. The original game is ****ing intense without the thermal scope. Honestly the HD version made everything much easier than the original GCN version.

The original game didn't have thermal scope ? If i remember correctly it did... But yeah, they're a pain in the ass.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The original game didn't have thermal scope ? If i remember correctly it did... But yeah, they're a pain in the ass.

Oh no it had it. I just missed it somehow.... -_- Haha the AI was better in the original and there were more enemies. Overall it was more challenging.

PierreLeSang

I had this feeling also for quite some time, but now i think that was just cause i was a lot younger when i played it first and was a total noob :D

Top Bottom