• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your worst Resident Evil experience?

Agent Spike

Mine was when I played Code Veronica for the first time and I was at the part when monster Steve chases you down the hallway. I only had two healing items and apparently, they were not enough to survive that part. I had to restart the whole game. Oh! and the fight against the Tyrant on the plane was agonizing.

I still love CVX ^_^

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Code Veronica as a whole, pretty much. It's the hardest classic in my opinion, and also the only RE where I didn't have an easy mode to pick for my first playthrough - bad combination! I already felt the despair when the game started throwing those yellow monsters at me, pitting fast, long-ranged arm attacks against slow tank controls. And Claire couldn't even evade or turn around quickly like Jill in RE3.

Another terrible experience was the train crash on my first playthrough of Zero a few weeks ago. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but not when, so I kept the most important items in my inventory at all times, even if it meant a lot of backtracking, because I didn't want to lose them. When the train did derail, I nearly freaked out because I had dropped the shotgun for some reason just before it happened, and I was about to rage quit and restart from an earlier savegame later. Then, thank the non-existent God, I realised all the items I had picked up on the train had fallen outside with me, and I continued playing. Nowadays I'm even amused at how shocked I was back then, but I remember how I already started phrasing the worst review ever in my head because I thought the game had stolen my shotgun. :angry:

What do we learn from this? Never steal Hel's shotgun!

meg5493

My first playthrough of 0 since there wasn't any item boxs I would just leave key items in random rooms when I ran out of space and the fact that the 0 probably has some of the most convoluted puzzles I got confused and had to keep starting over

Or in Code Veronica where I made it all the way up to the Tyrant plane battle put didn't have enough ammo to beat him so I started the whole game over and just used the knife up until that fight.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
In Code Veronica X the zombie that jumps out of the iron Maiden in the gas room under the torture chambers. My health was in danger, didn't have any herbs or ammo. And the worst part is i didn't have a memory card back then.

Agent Spike

It seems that CVX is the game that made us rage the most.

Do you guys still have trouble with that game? I don't, it's pretty easy for me now.

Director Bison

King of Games
Honestly my worst experience is pretty funny, because It's also my first time with the series.

Back in the day (can't believe i'm old enough to say that) I saw a TV commercial for RE4, must have been 9 years old at the time. I thought it looked pretty cool so I rented it at Blockbuster. (God I'm old)

and when I got home and played it...well to put it simply I SUCKED HARD!

I never got past the village fight, didn't even get to the shotgun before I basically rage quit and blamed the game. (there was no way I was bad)

A few years later I saw a video that said resident evil 4 was the best game on the gamecube.
So that made me deiced to give it another shot, and now It's one of my favorite games ever

Last edited:

Light_One5

Truthfully I hate Nemesis in and his random spawns in RE3. He is an awesome and most memorable character in RE3 but I really did hate the random spawns. For instance the save in the business back alley area, that is one of the random spawns, it is what make the game great but it does scare the crap out of me when playing first run through on hard.

I could not get past the tyrant on RE:CV but pasted it on the Gamecube version of RE:CVX I heard that the difference between the two is that Wesker is not in the original but never completed the Sega Dreamcast version only the Gamecube one.

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Resident Evil: CODE Veronica X
Backtracking past Bandersnatches in 'Danger' health and no ink ribbons.

Resident Evil 4
Playing through professional mode for the first time in the GameCube version.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Playing 6 Mercenaries, I had a pretty high score and the timer was eight seconds away from running out, I thought I was safe- then I got hit by something and went into dying mode. I tried to drag myself away desperately but got trapped and watched my character lying there helplessly as a Napad stood over, bringing its arms down.

Tron8

Fighting just to survive, but you taught me i can.
When i was young and i played Resident Evil 2 i had to get a chess piece from the interrogation room and the licker jumped through the window. I've never screamed for a game in my life, but at that moment i screamed like a little B****.

I'm currently on my first play through of Zero, and it makes me rage when those leech guys appear out of no where and my partner just stands in the hallway. I've died about twice now and i had to strategically get 1 person to a safe zone at a time.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Oh this one is easy. When you play RE6 with a PS4 controller the vehicles don't accelerate on the gas. They just go at a constant speed. So my friend and I beat Leon's campaign no problem. We then moved on to Chris's campaign and when we got to the car part. Carla just went. It took us a fair while before trying the PS3 controllers for no damn reason. Passing the PS4 controller back and forth (co-op'd in the same room) to catch up to Carla. I swear to god the bitch was going 100 meters ahead up every second after 20 seconds of driving. We managed to catch up a few times and then she just went. I mean she just ****ing went. Yeah, we were getting ****ed of with saying stuff like "Look at that ****ing bitch go" and "Bull-****ing-****. I hugged the wall at every corner" "It's impossible to pass her WTF! You can't keep up when she's 800 meters a head of you 20 seconds in". Yeah... we were getting mad. I think the experience was very ****ty.

Also in Chris's campaign ammo wouldn't drop for him. I mean he had NO ammo for any of his guns in a fair few parts in the second half of the game. I mean nothing, no grenades or anything. He had to use the knife... I was always at FULL on all ammo and he was ****ed off. He started to scream at the TV and just lost it. He was so angry at the inventory system and the fact you couldn't trade ammo. He had no ammo for about a half hour and only had points drop. I never seen anything like it in RE6, the poor guy was boned and I had to carry him. I'll admit.... he had significantly higher perks than I did. We actually had to farm the regenerating guys so he could farm ammo. He was also mad that he couldn't drop the guns so he could have more ammo slots LMAO!!!!

LOL @ HIM!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I genuinely hate the part in RE 5 where you are at the back of the truck and have to shoot the fellas on the motorbikes and the large trucks come up on either side. It took me forever to do it on veteran and professional... and I'll usually skip that part when playing through again.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I just remembered two parts in RE 4

1. The part where you get in a boat and that mutant fish creature thing drags you around and throw spears at it.

2. The part where you fight the El-Gigante in a narrow path and Ashely points at a boulder above you.

Top Bottom