• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Bleh, Revelations shouldn't be played on any other system but the 3DS. It got a real downgrade with it's port imo >.<

Anyways right now I've been playing a bit of this game! I got it on launch with the collectors edition and I decided I'm going to complete the story mode xD I haven't been feeling well lately so it's a nice game to play in this state :3
SWTOR is a solid MMO. Is that character an assassin?

I played marksman, juggernaut, and operator back in the day.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
SWTOR is a solid MMO. Is that character an assassin?

I played marksman, juggernaut, and operator back in the day.

It's kind of funny because I got the collectors edition when it first came out but never finished so I'm back to finish the main story of my Jedi Knight (Sentinel). It's a great game but I wouldn't say it's a solid MMO, mainly due to the fact it lacks many of the core features that are cemented in MMO's that are demanded by most MMO fanatics. Which is why the game didn't really last long and is more or less played casually from my experience. Currently WoW is still the gold standard but was facing some competition from Black Desert for a while. Not sure how that's still standing atm.

I love The Old Republic but the switch to F2P while was necessary, the experience is no longer smooth. There's a few design choices they made that wasn't so hot imho. The dungeon design and boss encounters are so generic and don't feel very well thought out.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
IMG_20161014_115456694_zpsrokkl3zh.jpg
This just arrived in the post :)

Lithium

Played EVE:Valkyrie yesterday. It was fun, until VR sickness kicked in (never had problems before). But it's my husband's game anyway.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
It's kind of funny because I got the collectors edition when it first came out but never finished so I'm back to finish the main story of my Jedi Knight (Sentinel). It's a great game but I wouldn't say it's a solid MMO, mainly due to the fact it lacks many of the core features that are cemented in MMO's that are demanded by most MMO fanatics. Which is why the game didn't really last long and is more or less played casually from my experience. Currently WoW is still the gold standard but was facing some competition from Black Desert for a while. Not sure how that's still standing atm.
I agree it could have been much better as a game. The story was well done and played the Star Wars theme nicely, with BioWare brand dialogue as a bonus. The combat system was a bit too basic, though. PvP and PvE got stale relatively fast and the game never really felt like a dungeon crawler, so R.I.P. dungeon and raid communities. A relatively low cap on progression also took away players' drive to keep grinding. Those are also the reasons I no longer play.

Still, I did enjoy the game immensely while I was playing it. Sometimes you just need to wack things with a lightsaber.

WoW is unarguably still pretty popular. BDO lost a lot of steam because it was grindy. It is a gorgeous game but the expectations of the player turned out to be very high. Guild Wars 2 failed to deliver fresh new content fast enough and is dying. I think Final Fantasy is probably one of if not the most played MMO currently.

Segway: are you following Lost Ark?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I agree it could have been much better as a game. The story was well done and played the Star Wars theme nicely, with BioWare brand dialogue as a bonus. The combat system was a bit too basic, though. PvP and PvE got stale relatively fast and the game never really felt like a dungeon crawler, so R.I.P. dungeon and raid communities. A relatively low cap on progression also took away players' drive to keep grinding. Those are also the reasons I no longer play.

Still, I did enjoy the game immensely while I was playing it. Sometimes you just need to wack things with a lightsaber.

WoW is unarguably still pretty popular. BDO lost a lot of steam because it was grindy. It is a gorgeous game but the expectations of the player turned out to be very high. Guild Wars 2 failed to deliver fresh new content fast enough and is dying. I think Final Fantasy is probably one of if not the most played MMO currently.

Segway: are you following Lost Ark?

This is true! Lost Ark is a game I want to play. It caught my attention very much when it was first shown off. As for Final Fantasy XIV. Exactly why is popular? I bought it and spend one day playing it and gave up after the tutorial missions. It was by far the worst MMO I've very played in my life. It made **** like Vindictus look like it should have a monthly sub. There was no depth. It had a cool opening cutscene and then everything was just ridiculous. Run around an rip off posters, pick up coins from the ground, talk to this person and talk to that person about pointless gossip that offers nothing to my character or the story. The quests were so cookie cutter bland and boring that the game had absolutely nothing to offer. I honestly cannot even recommend or say anything other than the audio was good. It was.... horrible. I mean... exactly why did the game get popular? I know I didn't get far into the game but everyone I talked to said the game sucks until you're level 30.... Is it even good enough to drag yourself through the mud for 30 levels? That's another debate.

To be honest I would like to find another game that has good progression considering my current conditions :'(

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Just got the platinum for Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Gonna play some Uncharted 4 multiplayer as it's bonus xp and relics weekend, and then start Rise of the Tomb Raider tomorrow. :smile:
Congrats on the plat.

I'm really enjoying ROTR so far. Actually feels more like the classic TR than the last game did.
You can even swan dive :)

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got PSVR today. Not only that, I got the very last copy of Until Dawn: Rush of Blood they had in stock.

I also pre-ordered my deluxe copy of Resi 7. Also looking forward to ROTTR Blood Ties VR. Zombays, here I come. :biggrin:

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
Just finished playing To The Moon, and all I can say is: it's such an amazing game! The story is so nice and emotional, the soundtrack is a masterpiece. the only downside is that it doesn't have much of any gameplay. I like to call it a visual novel rather than a game.

Mr.R

I'm replaying for the first time in...I don't know, more than 10 years the first Tomb Raider, which was very cheap on PSN last week. Last time I've played this game was on my old Sega Saturn. I'm actually surprised by the fact that I remember so much of the stages and puzzles. I'm having fun...except when I'm pushing and pulling the big blocks. How I hate this. All in all a great game and simply magic when you think that it was made in 1996

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium
^ Resident Evil 5 is good. It's probably the game that me and the fiancée have put the most hours into. I think we pretty much completed every difficultly because we were playing it so much.

Anyway, I did start up on Lucius 2, but the game was having problems playing...

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Super delayed reply inc.

This is true! Lost Ark is a game I want to play. It caught my attention very much when it was first shown off. As for Final Fantasy XIV. Exactly why is popular?
Part of it is the cross-platform aspect. PC and consoles all play together. Larger player base = more players keep playing. There are quite a few class variations, so lots of possibilities to try, lots of content, and it has that Final Fantasy brand appeal.

I bought it and spend one day playing it and gave up after the tutorial missions. It was by far the worst MMO I've very played in my life. It made **** like Vindictus look like it should have a monthly sub. There was no depth. It had a cool opening cutscene and then everything was just ridiculous. Run around an rip off posters, pick up coins from the ground, talk to this person and talk to that person about pointless gossip that offers nothing to my character or the story. The quests were so cookie cutter bland and boring that the game had absolutely nothing to offer. I honestly cannot even recommend or say anything other than the audio was good.
I can't comment on this, as I never played it, but I imagine the other perks shine more if you enjoy (or tolerate, as the case may be) the gameplay.

It was.... horrible. I mean... exactly why did the game get popular? I know I didn't get far into the game but everyone I talked to said the game sucks until you're level 30.... Is it even good enough to drag yourself through the mud for 30 levels? That's another debate.
Yes. It's unfortunate but in a lot of MMOs, the classes don't really shine until they're fully leveled. Getting to max level is never a small task. Even when you have all your skills unlocked, getting gear to a point to do difficult content is often unreasonable.

Guild Wars 2 stands out as the only one that doesn't put too much burden on the player. The bare minimum equipment to clear content is very obtainable. The best gear in the game isn't insanely better: it's just a slight increase. Max level takes a while but the stats on gear doesn't get higher with new content. If you could boss and raid 3 years ago, your character can still boss and raid if you just logged in yesterday. The trade off is you aren't pressured to continuously upgrade and the game will plateau when you lose motivation.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@cheezMcNASTY

That's true. The cross platform is cool but it provided with a small problem that I noticed. Too many silent players. It's clear that they were probably console players as they didn't type back. While I didn't play much.... how do the PC and console players communicate when they need to work together? I never heard any audio from them. From the little I played, I felt they failed pretty hard with this aspect.

I don't have a problem with classes not shining until later levels. I'm a huge fan of end game stuff myself and I've played a fair few MMO's. My problem with FF XIV is that none of the quests that I've done had any purpose. They were really boring and didn't give me any reason to continue playing. There was no hook or anything to grab me. There wasn't much substance. I didn't find running around picking up coins and tearing down posters to be fun. I didn't find the conversations with the NPC's meaningful when I was going back and forth, and I'm the kind of person that talks to every possible NPC in an RPG game. Sometimes spending an hour plus in a city if there are that many of them. The point is, the quests paled in comparison to WoW, The Old Republic, and for this sakes I'll even say Destiny if you want to call it an MMORPG or just an MMOFPS. Again, I didn't play much of the game but it was a tough sell. Maybe one day I'll reconsider it if it has improved.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Tried out Everybody's Gone to the Rapture since it was free this month. It's alright, kinda boring tbh. Has really nice graphics though.

Another game I started playing is Rocket League. Having a blast with so far but I'm not that good at it lol.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Just picked up the day one edition of Final Fantasy XV. Now I'm just waiting for the game to install and the patch to download. At least I can mess around with open combat.

The combat is actually more fun than it looked from the vids. Can't wait to get stuck into the game proper though.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Played through RE4 on Xbox One, frame rate is smooth, the game looks the best it ever has on a console, but audio has some issues. It's really noticeable at first but you get used to it and it's really minor but sound effects don't sync up sometimes. Wish they would added some more achievements though.

Also been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider recently. Great game so far, though they might have overdid it with the busy work this time around and there does seem to be a lack of epic set-piece moments which the first game was filled with.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
a3a66efc-9af3-4c9f-b6e6-1e8fcf888c20_1.559c9416e7d6125d3524cfc1f14fef25.jpeg

This game is amazing. After 10 long years, we've finally been able to get our hands on this masterpiece.

SE has really been hitting it out of the ballpark this year. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary and now FFXV.

Top Bottom