• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What to think of the novels

Denzil22

Premium
Ok so I know about the novels by S.D. Perry my brother as read them all but I haven't kinda wanna give them a go was wondering what you guys thought ?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I really like the novels. I was fortunate to find all the original prints for $1 each last October. The original novels are meh, but the books based on games are solid, entertaining reads.
Some people may not like "Trent", but I thought his character was pretty intriguing. (Though I doubt Wesker would be scared of him, knowing what we know now.)
In my opinion, they should've adapted the books into screenplays for the movies. But no.

Denzil22

Premium
Yeah thay would of been much better movies that what we got my brother read the books and kind of said the same thing as you did that the original novels are not quite as good but the ones set about the games are much better still wish thay had made a good more game like re movie

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I only read the ones that pertain to the games, none of the side ones that were written, but I thought they were pretty well done. I enjoyed the experience.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I never read any RE novels. I might, someday but they really interest me enough to actually pay for them. I rather go with the games. Even the CG movies don't peak my interest that much, they're fun but not so much that I'd pay more than $3 to watch 'em.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well he can't be but so asexual. He made a...comment about Claire in the CVX book and then there's Jake to consider.

Yeah he totally hit that.

The Darkening Sea

Naw, that can't be... Wesker's asexual!

I just don't know why people are confused about his sexuality. Almost as if - if he doesn't screw every female in his captive (or partnership) then he must be asexual...or gay. Fan boy wishful fulfillment...more like.

1. He might not have been attracted to either of those women.
2. He doesn't take advantage of women sexually - its below him, he's above it etc.
3. Professionally, he treats men and women with complete indifference. This doesn't mean he's the same way in private. I imagine him to have slept with numerous women, only on his terms: No strings kind of thing.
4. He's very intelligent....and sex will actually be the LAST thing on his mind, most of the time. This doesn't mean that highly intelligent people don't enjoy sex - they definitely do.
5. His character was NOT meant to be sexualised in anyway. This shouldn't mean the fans can take it for granted that he isn't into women, for no such thing has been implied.

umbra aeterna

It's the outfit, isn't it? People just see that get up and they can't help but assume:nom:...

-the clothes and his chris obsession (shipper onboard)
-still say he was all up in excella..come on, he convinced her to turn over her resources, her company! You can't tell me he didn't work his magic stick on her.but he over did it cuz she was climbing all overhim. Sometimes that much swag n pimpestry makes life hard.ladies won't leave the poor guy alone lol

The Darkening Sea

-the clothes and his chris obsession (shipper onboard)
-still say he was all up in excella..come on, he convinced her to turn over her resources, her company! You can't tell me he didn't work his magic stick on her.but he over did it cuz she was climbing all overhim. Sometimes that much swag n pimpestry makes life hard.ladies won't leave the poor guy alone lol

Excella was undesirable because of her easiness, her availability, and her desperation to please him, or to prove herself worthy. I can't imagine he would want to validate such a lowly existence, so in turn, he infected the woman and killed her off before she became too much of an annoyance. The rejection (and mutation) scenes were to highlight his complete lack of empathy. Now it really has nothing to with him being a homosexual - and the 'fans' are idiots.

Top Bottom