• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your GOTY for 2016?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So with the end of the year approaching, I'm curious as to what is, in your opinion, the game of tbe year for 2016? Also what games are you looking forward to next year?

For me I would have to pick Pokemon Go. While it was very buggy when it was released, and still has a few improvements it could make, I love it. With Gen 2 pokemon coming in December along with trading and breeding coming in at somepoint, I'd say Niantic did a good job, and this is definitely the first year I've nominated a game from the play store for GOTY.

And I think the game I'm most excited for next year is RE7. After playing the demo i've fallen in love with it so I hope it is isn't dissapointing.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Dark Souls 3. The level design and the feeling it gives you as you traverse the unknown is so unmatched. It was a breathtaking, nerve-racking, and unforgettable experience. Truly highlights the pinnacle of level design and how to create a sequel that borrows the best while adding something of its own.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Not sure, it's hard to choose just one. I liked Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 probably the most. But Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian are coming out later this year too.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't even have to think twice: Rise of the Tomb Raider, hands down. I'm still going to torture the souls of the developers for that stupid exclusivity deal, and I still think the reboot from 2013 had a better story and atmosphere, so it took me a while to warm up to this game even while I was playing it, but I can't deny how great it is - one more reason to tortment the developers after they die, because they kept me waiting for this masterpiece for so long. Apart from the main campaign, which features 20+ hours of varied gameplay and many, many outfits, it comes with a chapter replay mode that allows you to customise your experience with so-called expedition cards. One of the things those cards can give you is a modified bow that shoots chickens instead of arrows. Yes, really!

If that's not enough, there's also a ton of DLC totally worth the season pass, because it gives you all kinds of extra modes, Croft Manor, and even more outfits! Those extra modes include Baba Yaga, an additional story chapter that pits Lara against the eponymous Russian witch, Cold Darkness, a stealthy zombie-hunt that has you solve puzzles to disable a chemical weapon, not unlike what we've seen in Resident Evil, and my personal favourite Endruance, in which you must survive the cold Siberian wilderness by keeping Lara warm and fed while also looking for artefacts and fighting enemies for as long as you can - the game only ends with either your successful extraction or your death. Endurance also has a multiplayer mode that lets you go on the hunt with a friend.

With its huge campaign and all those extra modes, Rise is by far the biggest game of the Tomb Raider franchise yet, and arguably the most fun. While the story is a little meh compared to everything else it has to offer, it makes you want more, and I can't wait to see how the third game will be.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Haven't really played many new games this year. Probably Pokemon Moon, as I'm buying that day one and will be playing that along with my ongoing FFVII playthrough

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium
Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Out of everything new I've had the chance to see this year, Rise impressed me the most.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Umbrella Corps. Kidding. I'm not really sure there's a lot of good games this year.

And I think the game I'm most excited for next year is RE7. After playing the demo i've fallen in love with it so I hope it is isn't dissapointing.
Zelda is already next year's GOTY.

Top Bottom