• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 What is the meaning of this?

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I wonder what is the meaning of this, no G or T virus in Resident evil 7, instead they focus on psychological horror...How can that be Resident Evil title then? Resident evil IS about unleashing deathly viruses

"Kawata confirms his game is set in the Resident Evil universe, but it's making some major breaks with its predecessors, both in its story — it's ditching the schlocky G- and T-viruses in favor of more psychological horror — and its perspective. Where every other game in the main Resident Evil timeline has used a third-person camera, Resident Evil 7's action takes place in first person. Game director Koshi Nakanishi says this changes how Capcom has to approach development. "It really gets you in the mindset that this is happening to ME, and that I am the one on screen," Nakanishi said. "It forces us to go down a different route where characters are not just rock-punching superheroes — they have to be more of an everyman because you're in their shoes."

meg5493

It might still be biological in some sense seeing how the subtitle is "Biohazard" just not going with the usual cheezy virus. I mean 4 and 5 was more parasite then virus. In the trailers the enemies we do see look messed up and not normal humans

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Yes, but
It might still be biological in some sense seeing how the subtitle is "Biohazard" just not going with the usual cheezy virus. I mean 4 and 5 was more parasite then virus. In the trailers the enemies we do see look messed up and not normal humans

But they said they are ditching viruses, not virus..and leaning more towards psychological horror, which means probably ghosts and supernatural, it's like everyday some bad new comes out xD first Person, oh I am not the biggest fan of first person but it's also confirmed to be 100% I don't know how am I going to play that

meg5493

3.5 dealt with more supernatural enemies but was still in the end explained by being infected with a virus so maybe this is going to be the same?

Top Bottom