• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaiden (Game Boy Color) What If They REmade RE Gaiden?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Not that it would EVER happen...But what if they COMPLETELY remade Gaiden in the RE4 style...It would stay non-cannon, and basically nothing would change except gameplay style...Plus, Barry would come back for all the fans who want him back...I would honestly pay for a REmake of this, just because I want to see how many neat things they could do that can violate the cannon and it be ok...
Hell, even if they just ported it I suppose it would be ok...Really, this is just a thread for pipe dreams lol...

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Sounds like a cool idea to me. Just as long as they have it as a TPS, and not the FPV with the crappy reticle to fight enemies, then I think it will redeem its predecessor. Besides, getting to play as Barry it something that I'm sure a lot of people besides myself would enjoy as well.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Sounds like a cool idea to me. Just as long as they have it as a TPS, and not the FPV with the crappy reticle to fight enemies, then I think it will redeem its predecessor. Besides, getting to play as Barry it something that I'm sure a lot of people besides myself would enjoy as well.
I agree with most of what you said, but why would it be an FPS if they remade it? The only FPS is ORC, and that wasn't technically Capcom, so I don't think we'd be in any danger of that...

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Lol, no I said as long as it is a third person shooter, not first person shooter.

I would prefer the over the shoulder view that is used in RE4 rather than the first person point of view that they use in Gaiden. Or possibly the way they did RE games through Veronica, with the fixed camera angles which was cool too. It was kinda weird the way they had the view switch out between the gameplay and the fighting B.O.W.s. But then again, Dead Aim sort of worked like that, from what I've heard...

And ORC is a TPS, not FPS, but you are right with it not being made by Capcom, it was by the guys that made the Socom navy seals games.

I am truly sorry if there was any sort of confusion in my last post man.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Lol, no I said as long as it is a third person shooter, not first person shooter.

I would prefer the over the shoulder view that is used in RE4 rather than the first person point of view that they use in Gaiden. Or possibly the way they did RE games through Veronica, with the fixed camera angles which was cool too. It was kinda weird the way they had the view switch out between the gameplay and the fighting B.O.W.s. But then again, Dead Aim sort of worked like that, from what I've heard...

And ORC is a TPS, not FPS, but you are right with it not being made by Capcom, it was by the guys that made the Socom navy seals games.

I am truly sorry if there was any sort of confusion in my last post man.
First off, my apologies...I haven't played ORC in a week or two, and I was thinking it was first person...I remember now lol, it's not unless you're a sniper...And that really doesn't count...

Second, Dead Aim was great...The shooting style REALLY worked for that game...If you haven't tried it you really should...

Finally, I agree, it should be done like either the originals, or with an over the shoulder veiw...And dude, it's no big deal...No need to apologize or anything lol, this is a pretty lax forum...

The_Green_King

that would be REtarded cause i heard that game REally sucked...

^see what i did there...

but honestly it could be cool. ive never gotten to play gaiden, but i would if i got the chance. im one of those people who base my opinion on my own experience, not what others say.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
that would be REtarded cause i heard that game REally sucked...

^see what i did there...

but honestly it could be cool. ive never gotten to play gaiden, but i would if i got the chance. im one of those people who base my opinion on my own experience, not what others say.
Three things...

First- The RE puns are my thing...STAY AWAY!!!!

Second- It's great that you judge on your own experience...Seems to be lacking today when it comes to games...

Third- RE PUNS ARE MINE!!!!...

Evilbiel

I think the RE Gaiden really cool! should be done again, in a better way, to download it, type the Megaman VS Streetfighter!

TheSurroundGamer

Just look at the Metal Gear Solid series. "MGS Gaiden" is basically Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Now, ask yourself, "Do I really want a RE Gaiden?"

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I'd love to see it. I think the only reason that it really sucked was...well...game boy color. RE didn't really work on handhelds till the 3ds, and the battle system was as boring and annoying as those random fights in RPGs. I wanted to play it so badly for the story line but it sucked so much so quickly I couldn't even stand 5 minutes of it. It was painfully slow and annoying. I think bringing out an updated version would be a great way to add to the story, bring back Barry and Leon (without sticking Leon in another cannon), and if they went along the lines of Re4 or Revelations it would probably be a really great game. It ties in pretty well with the series I think, taking place on a ship just like Dead Aim and Revelations which were both also great games.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I would take a look at it if they included voice acting, but I doubt that it will ever happen. I doubt that their ever gonna go and do RE2.

Top Bottom