• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I wonder what everyone's reaction would be if, not for the main series, but in the next spin-off game, let's say, Revelations 3, they implemented a new virus that mutates infected persons into vampires. I'm not talking about humanoid ones like the Vamp from MGS2, I mean MUTANT vampires kinda like the Reapers in Blade 2.

latest

Surely vampires wouldn't be too out-of-place for a series that's already given us immortal hillbillies, blob monsters, amalgamated wasps, live skeletons, super soldier zombies (J'Avo), cultists and invisible-turning monsters, right?

It would give Capcom another reason to make Jake and Sherry the duo for Revelations 3 as well, besides the ongoing Wesker children story. Their unique cellular composition (the G-Virus in Sherry, Wesker's DNA in Jake) could "realistically" (I realize that's a strong word in the Resiverse) make them immune to immediate infection from being bitten by one of these "suckheads" (no pun intended).

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Seriously, guys, I'm curious to know what your thoughts would be on a Resi spin-off game with a vampirial strain in it. Of course there would be actual B.O.W.s in the mold of Tyrants and such, but these would be the mainline/infectee monsters.

Personally, I think it'd. The series' mutagens have evolved from creating typical zombies to turning people into blob monsters, super soldier zombies and the like, so I don't think a vampire strain would be too far-fetched for the series lore. It'd also be an interesting new direction they could take for the series, there's only so many different concepts they can use before they're left with rehashing old strains from previous games.

Of course, a Revelations game (Revelations 3 perhaps) would be the ideal time and place for it since it's where the survival horror titles are at.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I always like to envision crossing over the Alien/Predator films with Resi Evil. :p

What's not to love about the zombie and alien combo?! You've got zombies, you've got Aliens- it'd be awesome.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I just now realized that after the release of 4/5/6 on PS4 I personally and independently own every single mainline RE game. That is to say 0, 1, 2, 3, CVX, 4, 5, Rev, 6, and Rev2. That makes me really happy.

Sassy

Savage
I still can't believe I didn't play these games sooner! I mean, I played RE5 almost a decade ago, but didn't bother getting the others until a week or so ago. wtfffff have I been missing out on? xD

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Something I always wondered:

Chris and Jill pretty much made the BSAA right?
The BSAA were formed to counter bioterrorism which I'm sure is based on the entire umbrella / racoon city / arklay mansion / Wesker thing.

So some years later Chris visits Africa and meets Sheva, they discuss Jill briefly.
Then at Irvings boat Sheva sees "bird lady" and almost recognises her as Jill when she says "wait isn't that..."

Fast forward to later where they confront Jill and Wesker.

Sheva comes out with some corkers
"SO THIS IS WESKER"
And
"are you sure this is Jill" (or words to that effect

Now I would assume that everyone in the BSAA knows who Wesker is and the founders of the BSAA
Especially since she almost recognised her in costume previously.
I admire Shevas basic understanding of the BSAA user manual but come on

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I always assumed that what Sheva was going to say was: "Wait, isn't that a woman?", based on the bird lady's shoes, which was the only thing you could see of her at that point, and if I remember correctly, Sheva said it just when the shoes were in the picture (or just a second later). There's no way anyone could have recognised Jill through the mask, or by the shoes only - especially not Sheva, if not even Chris did. And as for the "Are you sure it's her?" part, well, even if Sheva has seen a photo of Jill before (which is by no means guaranteed; I have no idea what the original founder of the company I'm working for looked like), Jill does look quite different with the blond hair and the new attire. Do you always recognise everyone at first sight when you've only seen a photo before, especially when they no longer look like in said photo? It could be a similar case with Wesker, I'm not even sure if some newbie like Sheva would really have studied him in detail, considering that we was presumed dead at the time.

But... by RE6 Chris has never even heard of Ada Wong, which is not impossible, but very unlikely, so why are we even surprised? :razz:

Turo602

The King of Kings
What I'm more surprised about is how Chris is a founding member of the BSAA yet takes orders like a bitch and feels expendable despite being such a respected and valuable asset to the BSAA.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
What I'm more surprised about is how Chris is a founding member of the BSAA yet takes orders like a bitch and feels expendable despite being such a respected and valuable asset to the BSAA.
Well, at least Chris gets some recognition despite all this. Look at Jill, man. She started the series along with Chris, together they brought Umbrella down and she's also a co-founder of the BSAA but did she ever got a credit for her contribution? Nope. The current dev team treats her like a joke. Current Capcom puts Chris on a pedestal and treats him like the most important BSAA member, everyone else is redundant.:rolleyes:

Some Nights

No Shape
Doing a amended series run through (aka 0, REmake, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6) before 7 comes out and I'm having a lot of feelings. I'm skipping CVX because I'm running low on time and cares to reset multiple times when I inevitably get reamed like I always do in CVX, Rev 1 because I lowkey hate it, and Rev 2 because of time reasons as well. I just finished *cough*died near the end and am moving on*cough* 3.

Despite loving my children Rebecca and Billy, 0 is still a really miserable experience. Even though I still know what I need and how to get through quickly, the item system is an absolute chore. Add in the tragic boss/enemy designs (the leeches are fine but all of the other bosses are a mistake.) and it just isn't a great time. It's especially jarring to think about how this came so soon after REmake since that is so good.

Which brings me to REmake. I played through as Chris once before moving onto the next. I've gotten really rusty to say the least. My finish time 3:30~ ish wasn't bad but I used to be so much faster. Chris' lack of item space and me being overly cautious at pretty much all times in terms of ammo/healing really did a number on my time. I just love this game so much tbh. The atmosphere and soundtrack are at a series best here and this has the best replay value out of the pre-4 series in my opinion between the costumes, scenario variations, and extra modes.

Went with Claire A for my 2 run. The game continues to be really solid. I know that isn't overly descriptive but I've never been that into 2 in context of the original trilogy (1 (original) > 3 > 2). The game doesn't do anything wrong that I can think of but it just doesn't stand out to me in as many ways like 1 and 3 do. I'm very much a fan of the Police Station as a setting though.

3 was pretty great as always. I really do wish there was a middle setting in terms of difficulty though. It really feels like it's either "struggle and like it" or "steamroll everything" with no in between. I like having a challenge and blowing through things at times but it would be great to have a middle ground. Especially since the easy difficulty mode really goes above and beyond in terms of throwing an army's worth of weapons and ammo into the item box from the get go.

I'm having a lot of fun revisiting the games. It's definitely been awhile for 1-4 at least. I'd really like to get to CVX, Rev 1-2, and even Outbreak 1/2 but I was a fool and held off on starting and don't have time. Maybe I'll get to those soon after the release of 7 if I don't get too busy with that and my other anticipated releases.

Top Bottom