• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Some Nights

No Shape
RE7 demo spoilers.

I'm trying to get the
coin to unlock but I can never get the last giggle with the doll in the basement to work. I've read about needing to have a ghost sighting in VHS world to trigger it but I finally saw the ghost flash outside the house in the tape and still nothing.
It's getting pretty frustrating.

Otherwise the demo has kinda calmed me down in regards to being a mess as far as my reaction to the game. I'm still not particularly sold on it as a Resident Evil title but at the very least it seems scary which is more than 90% of horror titles can say to begin with.

I was excited to try it with PS VR as well but apparently my head is too big and/or my glasses throw things off. The forehead thing on the headset pushes down on the bridge of my glasses which as a result presses into my face which gets sore. My nose was a bit irritated just after a quick run through the demo. The actual VR itself was pretty cool but I definitely think we'll see improvement in nearly all areas in time. I'm glad that I didn't personally purchase the headset to say the least.

edit: and apparently me complaining about being stuck broke the ~curse. I got it!

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Some Nights I had a glitch with axing the picture and had to restart. I also had the doll glitch out. Apparently if the doll doesn't giggle as intended just go replay the VHS video again. Also make sure all the dialogue is stated. You can't rush it and let Pete say everything. Including at the latter. At least that's what trigged it for me. So I did the VHS twice in that play through. Once for the picklock and completed it, then AGAIN once I got to the doll segment. See if that works for you :)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
So I'm playing Operation Raccoon City I guess...
I mentioned before that ORC reminded me of The Thing on PS2, but the third level where you're running around a lab finding cards and using fuseboxes while fighting what can only be described as Headcrabs with your dumb squadmates make the comparisons I make a little more... obvious.

But I'm... enjoying it? Maybe I'm crazy, but it's scratching my "overblown RE themed action" itch better than RE6 could.

TEAM BLUE, BOTCHES:biggrin:

Meant to ask before, are you in Teh Stream and I just didn't know it?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So you can get the dirty coin wither you got infected or not.

I don't see why you couldn't. It's for solving all the giggle puzzles. Not sure what the advantage of getting the non-infected ending is. I looked up the infected ending on YouTube and personally I felt it was better written and offered a shock factor. A good element of surprise so to speak. The true ending didn't give me any reactions. I just escaped and thought to myself "Uhhh, okay? That's all?".

Cheer

Kamen Rider
The true ending didn't give me any reactions. I just escaped and thought to myself "Uhhh, okay? That's all?".

Well this is where i disagree with you because when you think about it. you had the tape with you when you escaped. but then it says that there was no tape. its kinda of a mystery. and it raises a couple of questions.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well this is where i disagree with you because when you think about it. you had the tape with you when you escaped. but then it says that there was no tape. its kinda of a mystery. and it raises a couple of questions.

The whole thing about it possibly being in your head? I just felt it was really lazy and it was just randomly thrown there because... at least as far as we know as of now. The Bakers are real. Though the demo might not be canon, which would be a cool twist if that is the meaning behind the line. If not then the only thing I can think of is that there was a cover up and the authorities that you reached out to may have been involved in the cover up. Nothing we haven't seen before in the series. As for the other ending with the player getting infected? That is actually a pretty cool twist and it fits. It's kind of something that was a long time coming for this series. Outlast did a twist like that on a much more dramatic scale and it was brilliant. I'll admit that it was very different at the same time it's a similar concept with a shock and awe effect. If you've played it then I'm sure you know what I'm referring too. The true ending of the demo really felt like I've seen it before and it felt kind of underwhelming. However I'm not criticizing it for the final release because I think Capcom will have something epic and some crazy huge pay off or a massive final revelation in the finale. I think it'll be satisfying.

In you defense I think that because the game was a demo. I think the risk of doing something crazy like the infected ending was a better marketing ploy and gave a shock effect of what could come in the final game. Even though the final release will likely have a good sense of satisfaction at the end. A large portion of gamers will be disappointed and statistics don't lie on this matter. That is an unfortunate thing for some game designers along with narrative designers.

In the end who knows. Maybe the true ending is foreshadowing into something great. Maybe the game will take place in Ethan's head? Hmmm I don't think words can describe how excited I am for this game. There's just so many elements that scream brilliant. I'm very impressed with this game because it's truly an unique experience and something very different than we're used to.

I guess there's multiple perspectives depending what angle you look at the ending. From one perspective it's just more of the same and offly familiar for this genre. On the other hand it does offer mystery and keeps you thinking until the games release date. There's very much two perspectives on this topic. Just like the dirty coin :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Hey, I just found Gina in Revelations 1! :razz:

Gina.jpg

Cheer

Kamen Rider
The whole thing about it possibly being in your head? I just felt it was really lazy and it was just randomly thrown there because... at least as far as we know as of now. The Bakers are real. Though the demo might not be canon, which would be a cool twist if that is the meaning behind the line. If not then the only thing I can think of is that there was a cover up and the authorities that you reached out to may have been involved in the cover up. Nothing we haven't seen before in the series. As for the other ending with the player getting infected? That is actually a pretty cool twist and it fits. It's kind of something that was a long time coming for this series. Outlast did a twist like that on a much more dramatic scale and it was brilliant. I'll admit that it was very different at the same time it's a similar concept with a shock and awe effect. If you've played it then I'm sure you know what I'm referring too. The true ending of the demo really felt like I've seen it before and it felt kind of underwhelming. However I'm not criticizing it for the final release because I think Capcom will have something epic and some crazy huge pay off or a massive final revelation in the finale. I think it'll be satisfying.

In you defense I think that because the game was a demo. I think the risk of doing something crazy like the infected ending was a better marketing ploy and gave a shock effect of what could come in the final game. Even though the final release will likely have a good sense of satisfaction at the end. A large portion of gamers will be disappointed and statistics don't lie on this matter. That is an unfortunate thing for some game designers along with narrative designers.

In the end who knows. Maybe the true ending is foreshadowing into something great. Maybe the game will take place in Ethan's head? Hmmm I don't think words can describe how excited I am for this game. There's just so many elements that scream brilliant. I'm very impressed with this game because it's truly an unique experience and something very different than we're used to.

I guess there's multiple perspectives depending what angle you look at the ending. From one perspective it's just more of the same and offly familiar for this genre. On the other hand it does offer mystery and keeps you thinking until the games release date. There's very much two perspectives on this topic. Just like the dirty coin :p

I agree with you that the whole escaping and the whole conspeircy thing is very old. but you know there is one poticuler thing about the demo that caught my interest and may actually suggest that what happened wasn't in Ethan's head. it started with RE4 when Crousier said "It's all for Umbrella's sake". and then in RE5 Chris and Sheva found a container with Umbrella's logo. and in RE6 we see a water fountain turn into Umbrella's logo. and now in the RE7 demo there is a picture that shows a helicopter that belongs to Umbrella. Now we all know the the Umbrella corp was destroyed before the events of RE4?!

RedPanda

4x the awesome

I for one absolutely hated Outlast's ending.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Hey, I just found Gina in Revelations 1! :razz:

Gina.jpg

That is such an awesome find. I had no idea she was in it. I always thought that the Foley sisters were basically rip offs of the Carmine brothers. I'm kind of expecting a 3rd one in Revelations 3 that doesn't die and shows up near the end as a survivor. Maybe gets her arm bit by something and becomes infected. Leaving you to think she dies and then she comes back with a Chainsaw arm and shirt saying "Zombie Killer" for a Evil Dead reference and a homage to the Carmine's in GoW. Rather it's a intentional homage to the Carmines or if they are they're own thing. The resemblance is quite uncanny to some fans. Since GoW was heavily influenced from RE4 I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom threw a bone like that their way. After all Cliffy B. did want Capcom to hire him to make an RE game after 6 came out. He was quite vocal and angry about the game and held very high expectations.

I agree with you that the whole escaping and the whole conspeircy thing is very old. but you know there is one poticuler thing about the demo that caught my interest and may actually suggest that what happened wasn't in Ethan's head. it started with RE4 when Crousier said "It's all for Umbrella's sake". and then in RE5 Chris and Sheva found a container with Umbrella's logo. and in RE6 we see a water fountain turn into Umbrella's logo. and now in the RE7 demo there is a picture that shows a helicopter that belongs to Umbrella. Now we all know the the Umbrella corp was destroyed before the events of RE4?!

Well the Umbrella stuff in RE5 was all stuff from an old Umbrella laboratory. Of course Albert Wesker, Excella, and all those guys are going to go through the gear there. So you can't say much about that. However you can say that RE6 had very strong symbolism of the real Umbrella's return. It's true the company went down right before the events of RE4. Just because the stocks went down and the company was destroyed, doesn't mean that someone is holding on to the assets, rebuilding, or operating in the shadows with Umbrella's assets. I think RE7 will have some involvement with the shadowy remains of Umbrella. A lot of evidence seems to point that Ethan Winters is the same Ethan in RE5 and that he survived his death/assassination attempt. Or maybe he faked his death and turned a new leaf after he found out he might be off'd. Became an investigator/detective based on things he may or may not know. While he might not have skills, he might be a character to reveal and uncover long hidden secrets of Umbrella. Also when Umbrella went down and after Spencer's death. We need to consider the notion that Alex Wesker may have inherited a lot of his assets in addition to what she stole and syphoned prior. Clearly she had stuff set up for the future after her transfer procedure and immortality project. The fact everyone on the island and all her scientist and staff were killed or committed suicide. That's a huge red flag that she has future plans and a next phase in her terror. She even said the world will become very afraid. Clearly Capcom has future plans for her but they are not ready to reveal any details or get into it at this time. Maybe she'll be mentioned in RE7, maybe she won't.

I for one absolutely hated Outlast's ending.

Whaaaaa? :eek:
May I ask why you so strongly disliked the ending?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
She looks like she's about to eat someone.

Really? To me it looks like an odd smile. You know, like the one Jessica has on her face in the flashbacks. The funny thing is that "Gina" never stops smiling like that, even when the FBC storms in and makes her put her hands on her head to arrest her. (And it's not like what she's looking at in that screenshot is a reason to smile either...)

That is such an awesome find. I had no idea she was in it.

I'm glad you like my find, but before we jump to conclusions, let me clarify: That woman in Revelations 1 is never actually referred to by any name. It may very well be a coincidence that she looks like Gina. It's just that when I saw her, Gina immediately came to my mind, and I thought I might share a screenshot here.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Really? To me it looks like an odd smile. You know, like the one Jessica has on her face in the flashbacks. The funny thing is that "Gina" never stops smiling like that, even when the FBC storms in and makes her put her hands on her head to arrest her. (And it's not like what she's looking at in that screenshot is a reason to smile either...)

I'm glad you like my find, but before we jump to conclusions, let me clarify: That woman in Revelations 1 is never actually referred to by any name. It may very well be a coincidence that she looks like Gina. It's just that when I saw her, Gina immediately came to my mind, and I thought I might share a screenshot here.

That's true and I think it's all a coincidence since Gina is a sectary or something for Terrasave. Errr at least I think she was a sectary. All we know is that she worked for the Human Resources department and was well respected for her intelligence supposedly. And Rachael was an agent for the F.B.C. Though I still think the Foley sisters are meant to be joke characters.

The Carmine brothers and the Foley sisters are gaming's greatest canon fodder xD

RedPanda

4x the awesome
@Airaku To be honest it's been a while so I don't remember a lot of the specifics, but
I remember feeling extremely cheated, because after all the work I'd done throughout the game to survive, I just end up getting gunned down in a blaze of something less than glory. The ending felt really abrupt as well.
Now that I think about it it's possible that I didn't really understand the ending so maybe I should go back to that game sometime, but I remember feeling angry and cheated after finishing it.

Now for something resident evilly. My break's gonna end on January 28th, which means I'll only have a few days to play re7 :(

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@The Fabled Four

I can understand how you feel. A lot of gamers don't like losing in the end or have the sense of accomplishment stolen from them. It's a real risk for developers because it actually kind of does limit creativity in terms of narrative design. Always being successful does NOT make for a better story and it might not serve the message of the game. It's purpose and the pay off effect won't be there.

The problem though.... is exactly as you said. You put all that work into the game. You spend hours and hours into your progress only to find out you don't make it. That is probably the biggest key difference between a film and a video game. Despite all the differences that do exist. Personal investment leads to a different form of emotional attachment to that form of media.

Regardless yes the ending was a little weird but I'll say this.
The whole Asylum was part of an S.S. Nazi division that secretly operated in America after project paperclip. Which is a real historical event where after WWII America brought over some of the most brilliant minds of the Nazi regime. A fantastic example of this is the great pacifist Dr. Werner Von Braun. He was the person that made the rockets to take us to the moon. He was from Germany and was deeply saddened that his vehicles to take man into the great beyond were used as weapons of hate during the war. Many scientist, and people in the Third Reich were forced to do horrible things for the Nazis. And of course vice versa. Tons of terrible people were actually Nazi's supporting that agenda. Those bad seeds would also continue to push their ideologies after the war and it was hard to filter out who really was a Nazi. As well as who cooperated with them during the way because of their nationality and fear for their lives and the lives of their loved ones if they did not cooperate. So some of these bad people would come over to America under Paperclip and continue their twisted experiments. The lab in Outlast was one of these and they used the patients there as test subjects. As for the whole paranormal bit at the end. The S.S. Nazi division did a lot of research in the areas of Paranormal, superstition, as well as things we don't yet understand. The game did a great job to tie that all in. The twist at the end was showing that the conspiracy you uncovered was covered up and the truth is not free. That there are powerful forces still involved today and of course you got possessed (iirc) so you were also becoming a danger. You really went into the deep end of the rabbit hole and you couldn't climb out.
The ending has a lot of things going on at once with multiple major revelations. So I guess it could be a little overwhelming for some people because it's a lot to take in. It was a very impressive indie game and up until its final act, it was pretty simple and small scale. Then suddenly it unfolds a bigger story in a bigger world than we've just explored. Every small story has a large story behind it. It's quite brilliant actually. I haven't played it since it came out so I could be missing some tidbits but I was thoroughly impressed with the game. Especially since it was an indie title that was AAA quality despite its tiny size. The narrative design was just top notch and it fully operated with visual and in game story telling.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
So i've been playing RE HD Remake and it got me wondering about how and why Chris never entered the mansion with the rest of the team when you play as Jill.

what i think happened is that while escaping from the dogs, Jill and Barry entered the mansion first. followed by Wesker who knocked Chris out cold before entering the mansion. and after Jill and Barry went to investigate the gunshot. Wesker went outside, Grabbed Chris and threw him in the cell. that explains why Wesker told Jill not to open that door and go outside.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Looks like there was a massive datamine leak. If it's real there are some pretty heavy spoilers here and some might one to steer clear from this one. Ugh I'm very curious about Evelyn and if she has a relationship to a certain character.

If this is legit then the code is suggesting one hell of an epic experience and is very much Resident Evil. Those elements may be purposely suppressed by Capcom in the marketing to ensure the fans will be surprised when they play the game.

Proceed at your own risk:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1603060/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327051&page=1

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Looks like there was a massive datamine leak. If it's real there are some pretty heavy spoilers here and some might one to steer clear from this one. Ugh I'm very curious about Evelyn and if she has a relationship to a certain character.

If this is legit then the code is suggesting one hell of an epic experience and is very much Resident Evil. Those elements may be purposely suppressed by Capcom in the marketing to ensure the fans will be surprised when they play the game.

Proceed at your own risk:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1603060/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327051&page=1
Yeah I read all of it, however I'm very skeptical about this because of several reasons
image.png

They said this and yet they left the very obvious .EXE file that contains some of the info.

2. The data mining result also claims "Multiplayer" and "Online mode", this contradicts Kawata saying in an interview that the game won't have any of it.

3. Why would a demo that's claimed to be unrelated to the final product have this detailed stuff, was it intented for purposeful misdirection?

It's actually easy to do this, I've tried this myself. All of this sounds too fishy to me. Of course there's some truth to it, but we already knew from trailers and media impressions.

Top Bottom