• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Afraid Of?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Jellyfish

I hate these things so much,
How can a plastic bag looking thing hurt so much. Its an alien abomination that serves no purpose but to freak me the f**k out!

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
This thread is self-explanatory. What are your fears and phobias?

I don't really have many. I don't particularly like wasps and standing on a cliff edge, but I wouldn't say I'm afraid of heights.

What about you?
Clowns: their make-up (or warpaint as I refer to it) is the furtherest thing from joyous; it's in fact very, very menacing and portrays a sense of malice to me.

Jellyfish: Got stung by a jellyfish on my 13th birthday (oh how I loathe the number 13...) and so have been conditioned to believe that, via operant conditioning, jellyfish will result in serious pain overtime I'm around them. Curse you, operant conditioning.

Open water: I'm an incredibly strong swimmer but open water terrifies me. I've never had any bad experiences with open water, but honestly, there is nothing more terrifying to me than the sense that the horizon and land will continue to be out of reach, the currents will change at a moment's notice and the various, destructive forces that exist under the ocean surface are all around me.

Heights: Not major, but seeing others look over ledges is scary.

Failure: Self-explanatory really. Any sense of failure is just horrifying.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Clowns: their make-up (or warpaint as I refer to it) is the furtherest thing from joyous; it's in fact very, very menacing and portrays a sense of malice to me.

Jellyfish: Got stung by a jellyfish on my 13th birthday (oh how I loathe the number 13...) and so have been conditioned to believe that, via operant conditioning, jellyfish will result in serious pain overtime I'm around them. Curse you, operant conditioning.

Open water: I'm an incredibly strong swimmer but open water terrifies me. I've never had any bad experiences with open water, but honestly, there is nothing more terrifying to me than the sense that the horizon and land will continue to be out of reach, the currents will change at a moment's notice and the various, destructive forces that exist under the ocean surface are all around me.

Heights: Not major, but seeing others look over ledges is scary.

Failure: Self-explanatory really. Any sense of failure is just horrifying.
I had a friend at school who got stung by one when he was abroad. It looked so painful. And I totally get the failure one.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I had a friend at school who got stung by one when he was abroad. It looked so painful. And I totally get the failure one.
They are extremely painful. At 13, I didn't expect to have alcohol pouring down my leg for a while! The main tentacle is the absolute worst and left a mark from the top of my knee to the top of my ankle.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
They are extremely painful. At 13, I didn't expect to have alcohol pouring down my leg for a while! The main tentacle is the absolute worst and left a mark from the top of my knee to the top of my ankle.
Ouch... Guess it's perfectly reasonable for you to not like them, then.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've just realised I forgot one. I hate being in a car when there's snow on the ground. A few years back this happened and we were skidding all over the place, I was scared we were going to crash.
Living longer than I am mentally prepared for.
Do you mean like getting so old you lose your mind, or have you only mentally prepared for so long?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question haha.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Do you mean like getting so old you lose your mind, or have you only mentally prepared for so long?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question haha.
Not a stupid question at all. I'm not one of those people who loves life and is just happy to be alive and all that jazz so, as a result, I wouldn't want to live to be old. I'd love to like...kick off at 30 or so.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I'm also afraid of not being able to find my loved ones when I die. (I Had some nightmares about this before)
I know it's a random fear

Reactions: Jen

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I got a lot, but I'm only going to go over a few because if I was to go every single one of them, I would be here for the rest of my life and most of them them share one thing in common.

I am absolutely terrified of bugs especially roaches, driving while it is raining or being in any vehicle that is going fast, mostly driving while it is raining because of a wreck that I had last October, public restrooms except on an airplane, taxis, using a BBQ grill, hotel swimming pools, beaches, going to the dentist (Especially since I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth pulled out years ago and I have yet to do that.), and hospitals.

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom