• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Survivor (PS1) What are these games again?

Mr Sunshine

I don't like seeing empty subfoums - it hurts my beautiful eyes! So here we go..

I thunk I remember game 1 of the series. Isn't that the one where you're on an island and the camera is from a first person view and when you aim a cursor appear on the screen a la virtua cop?

If this is the one, from what I've seen I have to say.. it kind of sucks!

L

Lurker
To be honest, I have no clue. However, I believe they were rail shooters.
Vote Fallen and Rathit for free gold membership

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veronica
Dino Stalker
Gun Survivor 4 Biohazard: Heroes Never Die/Resident Evil: Dead Aim

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I don't like seeing empty subfoums - it hurts my beautiful eyes! So here we go..

I thunk I remember game 1 of the series. Isn't that the one where you're on an island and the camera is from a first person view and when you aim a cursor appear on the screen a la virtua cop?

If this is the one, from what I've seen I have to say.. it kind of sucks!

You're thinking of the first gun survivor game, where Ark Thompson (I think that's his name?) is stuck on Sheena Island during a biohazard.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's been years since I've played it, but I thought his name was Vincent.
No, it is Ark Thompson, however, he has amnesia throughout the game, and perhaps he is told his name is Vincent...
I don't even know what to say to this. Capcom must've been working on another Dino Crisis and then it slowly turned into a Resident Evil game.
Actually...Dino Stalker IS a Dino Crisis game...The only game in the Gun Survivor series to not be RE...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I've never played Survivor. Although it may have bad graphics/gameplay, i would like to play it because it is important in the story of RE.

weskerondope

to clear things up about the main character
he IS ark thompson however he believes that he is vincent untill the end of the game
where he finds his true identity,
its pretty simmilar to the first resident evil movie in that way

potato

I think gun survivor 1 & 2 are both FPS lightgun games. Difficulty is very high. Dead Aim & Dino Stalker are 3rd person movement 1st person shooter.

All the games are lightgun games. None are railshooters

Survivor 1 is more of a classic Resident Evil game but in first person mode. You can't save in the game either so you have to beat it in 1 round. However you have retries you can pick if you die.

Survivor 2 was an arcade game that later got ported to the PS2 in EU and Japan only.

Survivor 3 can't say much about because i don't have it yet.

Dead Aim is the best one imo. It's like a standard Resident Evil game but with alot of action. Still has a few scary parts and really cool monsters. Highly recomend

Top Bottom