• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Ustanak Theories

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So I was doing some reading on Ustanak. The game states that it was an individual who was voluntarily exposed and infect with the C-Virus, and was happy with the results. Further info can be found in game or on the internet. However, if never SPECIFICALLY states who Ustanak is, and, at this point since he's dead, there really is NO point in doing so...Does anyone have any theories as to who it could be...Think of the blonde hair and glowing eyes...Was Ustanak Wesker? Or howabout that crazy arm of his...Was Ustanak Krauser? What about Steve Burnside...The possibilities are endless...Me personally, I don't think he was anyone special, but maybe you guys can convince me otherwise. Let your imaginations roam free!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The files pretty much confirm that it was no one special. Neither Steve nor Wesker, Krauser or anyone else we know would write such a letter / diary entry / whatever it was like the guy who became Ustanak. Alfred might, but he's been dead for a long time.

Turo602

The King of Kings
He was nobody. I hate it when people try to make connections that aren't there. The idea/thought is cool, but there's no way anyone can say he was a past character.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't think he is either, don't get me wrong, but it's fun to theorize.

Oh no, I totally get it. Like I said, the thought is cool. I personally think that it would have been much more interesting if the Ustanak had been a past character, but there isn't anything that suggest he was. Unless someone could provide us with certain connections/evidence that hasn't already been proven false or isn't just mere coincidence. Otherwise, there really isn't anything to theorize about.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh no, I totally get it. Like I said, the thought is cool. I personally think that it would have been much more interesting if the Ustanak had been a past character, but there isn't anything that suggest he was. Unless someone could provide us with certain connections/evidence that hasn't already been proven false or isn't just mere coincidence. Otherwise, there really isn't anything to theorize about.
I don't think he IS Wesker, but the the whole Blonde hair and being damaged would make connections (Even though the Damage to his body was explained.) And if it hadn't been explained that it was a soldier, and maybe that it was a received Cadaver that was reanimated, It would suggest Steve. Unlike EVERY other game, I only beat RE6 once, so I'm a little fuzzy on the files we found.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't think he IS Wesker, but the the whole Blonde hair and being damaged would make connections (Even though the Damage to his body was explained.) And if it hadn't been explained that it was a soldier, and maybe that it was a received Cadaver that was reanimated, It would suggest Steve. Unlike EVERY other game, I only beat RE6 once, so I'm a little fuzzy on the files we found.

You see, that's just it. Connecting blonde hair to Wesker or any other character is just absurd. It's just a coincidence, not a hint. And the Steve thing while already disproved, is still purely based on assumptions. It's just not that interesting of a topic to theorize about now that the game has been released and the facts are out.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You see, that's just it. Connecting blonde hair to Wesker or any other character is just absurd. It's just a coincidence, not a hint. And the Steve thing while already disproved, is still purely based on assumptions. It's just not that interesting of a topic to theorize about now that the game has been released and the facts are out.
Yeah...You make a point. Well, at the end of the day, he was still a very well done throw back to Nemesis, which I think was really their only intent.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah...You make a point. Well, at the end of the day, he was still a very well done throw back to Nemesis, which I think was really their only intent.

Oh man, I wouldn't say so. His moments were so scripted and offered no other consequence than death which isn't really a big deal in any of the recent games. Also, he's nothing special considering Wesker Junior can just melee his ass non-stop til he goes away.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh man, I wouldn't say so. His moments were so scripted and offered no other consequence than death which isn't really a big deal in any of the recent games. Also, he's nothing special considering Wesker Junior can just melee his ass non-stop til he goes away.
What do you mean by "So Scripted?"

Turo602

The King of Kings
What do you mean by "So Scripted?"

It means it doesn't really feel like you're running from Ustanak. There's no fight or flight aspect to it. He appears whenever the story dictates and your actions are already determined. If the game says you hide from him, then that's what you have to do. If the game says fight, then you fight, and so on.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It means it doesn't really feel like you're running from Ustanak. There's no fight or flight aspect to it. He appears whenever the story dictates and your actions are already determined. If the game says you hide from him, then that's what you have to do. If the game says fight, then you fight, and so on.
Oh, I get what you mean. Nemesis in RE3 felt MUCH more random, and at times you even had the option to run or fight...

When I said they did good job making him a throw back, I more or less meant that there isn't a single fan of RE on earth who looks at him, and DOESN'T think of him, even a little. Nemesis was far better of course.

egregious zombiemasher

F.O.S solo KAT
though i have not found all the files in jake`s campaign yet but from what i gathered from some files, is that they suggest that he volunteered himself and surely not handpicked by neo-umbrella. So IF he was a old character, it would be a vice-versa because then corporation obviously drool over the fact that they could use someone who is already in familiarity with the virus and that too on pro. level. So in the end he is just another random screwed-up soul.
on second thought wesker jr. could have done a better job then made a punching bag out of Ustanak, could have showed him a middle finger and MAYBE he`d bleed out on the spot, i mean seriously? First time they ran their pants-off, on second they drilled his guts out and that DID NOT do ****, and then in the finale jake punched him out like a meat bag? and here i thought that he Only got the anti-bodies from his father,well... been wrong before. And as for Nemesis, he`s been one of the trademark(s) of Resident Evil but it`s also true that as RE fan i could`nt help but see a glimpse of him in Ustanak.

Last edited:

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Oh, I get what you mean. Nemesis in RE3 felt MUCH more random, and at times you even had the option to run or fight...

When I said they did good job making him a throw back, I more or less meant that there isn't a single fan of RE on earth who looks at him, and DOESN'T think of him, even a little. Nemesis was far better of course.
Don't mean to offend you, but? lol xD Who are you talking to? o.0

Mordecur

"Women"
It could be a possibility of either one of those, but I guess we'd have to wait and see if capcom says anything about it, if not then he's just a new character.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I think if he was a character of somewhat importance it would have been stated.
To say afterwards "oh turns out it was Steve" is a bit insulting to whichever character it may be.

I think we can gather it was some nutjob though

Top Bottom