• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Uroboromortal?

S.J. Caspar

I just recently bought RE5 out of curiosity, and spent my first few hours enjoying the game... Now I'm for the second time facing Uroboros (in the room with the flame thrower) and no matter what I do, I can't seem to kill him. I made him eat 3 gas tanks, fired 6 rockets, emptied whatever I had on bullets, but he doesn't die... I would love some feedback from the pro's here as I feel like I'm out of options here. So.... How does one kill Uroboros?

Mr Sunshine

Have him eat a gas tank/fire grenade/grenade launcher flame round so that you'll get the chance to unload the whole flame thrower on him. While you're at it your partner should be aiming those brownish bubbles with whatever gun he has. Fill the flame thrower. repeat.

That's all I know!

B.Martin

Yeah you have to kill those Uroboros bulbs that stick up when you've flamed him enough to have a paddy, i found it was easier to let Sheva use the flame thrower and you kill off the bulbs with the grenade launcher or similar ;)

Make sure you get him to pick each one of the gas cannisters up, also there are a few incentenary grenades about. Worth having some explosive grenade launcher ammo and some flame rounds for when Sheva gets herself into a hot spot.

aoshi

Run for your life...I am jus kiddin :lol: . As above posts state , You have to shoot the bulbs that stick out once you get him to explode with fuel cylinders in him. You gotta push the cylinders to the floor and let him engulp it on the way. Shooting the bulbs is easier said than done. Let sheva use flame thrower. My advice is to use handgun as it is easier and faster to aim at the bulbs and has a faster rate of fire. It will take down the beast in less time. Don't waste ammo by shooting at other parts. Hope i helped.

Kenny

I recieved the game with a video card, and was having fun till this boss. Guess I'm just going to have to quit the game because this is ridiculous. At least I didn't pay for the game. If the fights get tougher than this I'm not really sure if I want to continue anyway.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I recieved the game with a video card, and was having fun till this boss. Guess I'm just going to have to quit the game because this is ridiculous. At least I didn't pay for the game. If the fights get tougher than this I'm not really sure if I want to continue anyway.
Everyone here has given you surefire ways to kill that particular boss with. You appear to have missed the flame thrower that you can use the entire duration of the fight instead of a large portion of your own ammo. Make sure to hit the bulbs whenever you can and it shouldn't be this difficult for you.

Kenny

I did try to switch the game setting to easy but I'm guessing you only have the option to do that at the start of the game because when I went to game settings I didn't see an option to change difficulty. I really don't like to play a game on easy mode, I do like some sort of a challenge. But it just seemed incredibly hard for normal. I did finally get through it after about a 100 times, kind of takes the fun out of it. I did finally finish the game. Like I said, I recieved the game with my video card and it has been on my hard drive for over a year. I started the game when I got it and thought it was pretty much just killing zombies (like left4dead) so I just let it sit there for over a year. Then I got bored so I thought I'd give it a go and found out it actually had a storyline. That's what sucked me in. I did enjoy the storyline but the game seems to about fighting bosses and the storyline is just an afterthought, hehe. I know I'm not the greatest gamer in the world (i'm pushing 60 years old), but when I spend more time looking at walkthroughs and forums trying to figure out how to get through a level,again, it takes the fun out of it. Another problem I had was with action buttons. They very rarely seemed to work. Dodge didn't work at all....making some of the action sequences a major pain. Never threw a punch the whole game, I could see the the proc come up and I would hit the corresponding button and nothing. I did enjoy the storyline and I liked the spooky feeling the game gave you, but other than that this game was just a lesson in frustration for me.

Mr Sunshine

Hehe.. I like your point of view on the game, sir.

As for dodging, I'm not quite sure. I would blame myself for not being quick enough most of the time. I was playing on the pc too by the way.

Also, I believe you can change the difficulty when you start a new chapter.

aoshi

I did try to switch the game setting to easy but I'm guessing you only have the option to do that at the start of the game because when I went to game settings I didn't see an option to change difficulty. I really don't like to play a game on easy mode, I do like some sort of a challenge. But it just seemed incredibly hard for normal. I did finally get through it after about a 100 times, kind of takes the fun out of it. I did finally finish the game. Like I said, I recieved the game with my video card and it has been on my hard drive for over a year. I started the game when I got it and thought it was pretty much just killing zombies (like left4dead) so I just let it sit there for over a year. Then I got bored so I thought I'd give it a go and found out it actually had a storyline. That's what sucked me in. I did enjoy the storyline but the game seems to about fighting bosses and the storyline is just an afterthought, hehe. I know I'm not the greatest gamer in the world (i'm pushing 60 years old), but when I spend more time looking at walkthroughs and forums trying to figure out how to get through a level,again, it takes the fun out of it. Another problem I had was with action buttons. They very rarely seemed to work. Dodge didn't work at all....making some of the action sequences a major pain. Never threw a punch the whole game, I could see the the proc come up and I would hit the corresponding button and nothing. I did enjoy the storyline and I liked the spooky feeling the game gave you, but other than that this game was just a lesson in frustration for me.

Since you have completed the game, I would suggest you to try mercenaries mode. It a different level of frustration but you get to unlock new characters and locations.Also think that playing through story mode is jus to unlock this mode which is a lot more interesting than story mode.

Podgida

In order to change difficulties you have to go into Chapter Select and then you can click on the chapter that you want to play. Then the next prompt is the difficulty level that you want to play at.

When I fought that boss, I was using the flame thrower and was able to kill the boss after 3 tank fills. I was aiming the stream at the exposed bulbs on the boss. In between tank fills I was using a fully upgraded shotgun on it. It seemed to take care of him in fairly quick order.

As for Dodging.. You pretty much have to anticipate the prompts and click the corresponding buttons within a fraction of a second. If you hesitate at all you will be too late.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
Pretty much what they all said. Empty your bullets into the orange orbs until there are no more, then get your partner to attack it with the flamethrower, and shoot the orbs that appear. Sometimes the AI system can be a bit unreliable, so it is easier on duo mode.

Top Bottom