• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Umbrella Chronicles Umbrella Chronicles General Discussion

ArabPikachu

After realizing there was a general discussion thread for Darkside Chronicles in the Darkside Chronicles forum, I figured there should be a general discussion thread for Umbrella Chronicles in the Umbrella Chronicles forum.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The only thing I feel like saying about this game is that I feel it was such a missed opportunity for this game to be better than it was.

It was revealed that it was originally going to play like RE4, can you imagine playing through the events of RE1,RE2,RE3,and the bonus mods of Wesker with a gameplay format of RE4?

It would have been just SOOOOO much better in my opinion.

I hate that they decided to appeal to the "casual" audience by ditching this plan in favor or a easier on the rails gameplay.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The only thing I feel like saying about this game is that I feel it was such a missed opportunity for this game to be better than it was.

It was revealed that it was originally going to play like RE4, can you imagine playing through the events of RE1,RE2,RE3,and the bonus mods of Wesker with a gameplay format of RE4?

It would have been just SOOOOO much better in my opinion.

I hate that they decided to appeal to the "casual" audience by ditching this plan in favor or a easier on the rails gameplay.
I really like the concept of making like RE4, however, I feel like if they did that, then the game would have lost what it was TRULY about, which is the Chronicling of already known scenarios, and a few new ones to fill in the gaps. That said, I think that every game should get a proper Remake in the form of RE4...

ArabPikachu

^For that matter, making Umbrella Chronicles into something that plays like The House of The Dead would have been less time consuming for people that waited for Capcom to begin connecting the dots between Biohazard4 and its' predecessors (from a narrative perspective).

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
^For that matter, making Umbrella Chronicles into something that plays like The House of The Dead would have been less time consuming for people that waited for Capcom to begin connecting the dots between RE4 and its' predecessors (from a narrative perspective).
To be fair, Capcom has been working on Umbrella Chronicles for a while, and it was actually VERY anticipated. They had actually started forming ideas for Umbrella Chronicles before the Wii was even released.

umbra aeterna

After realizing there was a general discussion thread for Darkside Chronicles in the Darkside Chronicles forum, I figured there should be a general discussion thread for Umbrella Chronicles in the Umbrella Chronicles forum.

--

I just watched it on youtube and i have to say a few things 1)the lazer scene..really chris?I lol'd And 2) saw a GOOD shot of Wesker withouth the shades and he looks waaay different.man, talk about face of an angel and heart of a devil...when he's not scowling, he looks sweet and harmless (tired, can see some age) but he hardly looks like he can harm a fly.

I bet that's why he rocked the shades becaude if somebody who looked like that threatened me, i would not take him seriously

ArabPikachu

Umbrella Chronicles wasn't the first Biohazard game to show Albert Wesker without shades (Code: Veronica did it before)

On another note, I'd love to repurchase this game as part of that digitally Chronicles HD Collection since I've sadly gotten rid of my Umbrella Chronicles copy for Wii and deleted my previous PSN account (which had a copy of Chronicles HD Collection)

Last edited:

umbra aeterna

Umbrella Chronicles wasn't the first RE game to show Albert Wesker without shades (Code: Veronica did it before)

Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection)

Yeah, but that was only after he became mr.kitty.and he still looked ...well welcoming, like not evil.Especially when he looks shocked, he looked,for lack of a better word...adorable.He really looks unsuspecting, like that really nice guy from work who would hold the door for you and help you out, probably throw a little bashfulness in for good measure.

That **** is scary.

I mean, he does have a sociapathic smirk that makes you want to punch him in the face.He's one of thoee people who can solve problems with a smile .

Yeah...I can really see this guy getting away with murder.Like really.He'd kill somebody and play it off like he found them that way and kill you the second you turn your back.

I also clearly remember how he helped you out on REmake and how he seemed to care on RE1...**** you albert wesker, **** you.

ArabPikachu

It took me a couple of attempts to beat the two Ivans first time around although I've no memory of how many attempts it took me to beat them.

This game is fun. I like unlocking all the Umbrella Files and playing the original games in Rail Shooter Acrade Fashion. Probly one of my favorite Wii games ever.

-The biggest reason I like this game is definitely the Feb. 2003 Russia mission. If im going to play the games in order, or talk about dates and important event in Resident Evil timeline, Feb. 2003 is a worthy mention. The fall of Umbrella.

-Also the extended Richard Aiken and Rebecca Chambers storyline. Playing as Ada surviving the end of Resident Evil 2.
the 4th survivor Hunk playthrough. Playing as Wesker during the events of 0 and 1.

This game freakin rules. Darkside Chronicles is also great, true sequel, and when I think of that game, I think of the Leon and Krauser 2002 mission, where Wesker sold Javier that T Veronica virus he got from Steve at the end of Code Veronica. Super cool.

Ashley Kritz 267

Dose anyone feel like this game is fun but it feels like it should not be an RE game? All you do is shot at zombies that appear on your screen, boss fights every now and then. Don't forget the B.O.Ws. All in all I don't believe this should be an RE game, I like it yes, it's fun, but I would never say that this is an RE game. Btw I did like the part were they added Richard (why did he have to die? ;~;) I like how there was more story, other than that i don't like that they call it an RE game.

ArabPikachu

Already have the digitally HD republication of Umbrella Chronicles on PS3 but it's been a while since I last played it.

Last edited:

ArabPikachu

Dose anyone feel like this game is fun but it feels like it should not be an RE game? All you do is shot at zombies that appear on your screen, boss fights every now and then. Don't forget the B.O.Ws. All in all I don't believe this should be an RE game, I like it yes, it's fun, but I would never say that this is an RE game. Btw I did like the part were they added Richard (why did he have to die? ;~;) I like how there was more story, other than that i don't like that they call it an RE game.

Umbrella Chronicles is foremostly a Biohazard game. Want to buy & play the Biohazard series' Umbrella Chronicles entry minus the RE label? the region-free, disc-copy of Chronicles Selection says hi & that's exactly what I'll do!
latest

Top Bottom