• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero Ugh!

ElleChii

Ladyluck means nothing.
I just wanna know if this game is very long? I just entered the mansion, my train crashes, because there are so many flaws :/ Good thing I don't play a game for gameplay!

Mind you, I don't hate the game, because it seems so interesting, but I don't think anyone can deny that the gameplay is pretty bad (especially when you first played RE4 and RE5) the fact that you need an ink ribbon to save your game @_@... It's taking up what little space I have that I could use for ammo and herbs.

Does anyone have any storage tips?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
This is how all of the games were previous to RE4. The good thing about RE0 is the fact you can discard items in certain rooms, then go back and pick them up when you need them. I'd suggest dumping things in the main hall for now and coming back to get what's needed when you're done in the mansion. Discard ink ribbons by the type writers, and discard the hook shot in the main hall until you've fought the giant bat. :) Hope that helps.

ElleChii

Ladyluck means nothing.
Oh O: I had no idea the items stayed there, I thought they'd disappear, and I do know that's how all other RE games were before RE4, I just didn't expect to see this on a wii game with amazing graphics xD Thanks for the tips :)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Oh O: I had no idea the items stayed there, I thought they'd disappear, and I do know that's how all other RE games were before RE4, I just didn't expect to see this on a wii game with amazing graphics xD Thanks for the tips :)

If you forget where you've dropped an item you can look under your map too, I think it says "items" on there and you can see where they're all located. :)

ElleChii

Ladyluck means nothing.
Noted! Thanks :'D i'll finally enjoy this game now xD By the way, i rarely use my knife, should I drop it somewhere and forget about it? or is it like essential?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Noted! Thanks :'D i'll finally enjoy this game now xD By the way, i rarely use my knife, should I drop it somewhere and forget about it? or is it like essential?

It's not essential, unless you use it when you run out of ammo, but since you say you don't use it I'd drop it for now. ;) You can always pick it up later, just make sure you do before you go to a different location.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Yeah, you're taking a step back in the series so everything is going to be different. There's a lot of backtracking. Its best to store items and remember each location so if you ever need them you'll know where to go. I never finished it, but I'd guess its just as long as the others.

ElleChii

Ladyluck means nothing.
Yeah, you're taking a step back in the series so everything is going to be different. There's a lot of backtracking. Its best to store items and remember each location so if you ever need them you'll know where to go. I never finished it, but I'd guess its just as long as the others.
Aw man.. backtracking @_@ Feels like Metroid all over

Lonesurvivor2127

The game is fairly long. It's longer then the re 2 and 3 and maybe just as long as re1 remake if not alittle more. Personally Re0 is one of my favorite games in the series.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
the fact that you need an ink ribbon to save your game @_@... It's taking up what little space I have that I could use for ammo and herbs.

Does anyone have any storage tips?
You must be new to Resident Evil. Not a bad thing, but you should really get into the older ones too. REzero is pretty tough if you are used to RE4 and 5. Go play RE remake or the older playstation1 versions first.. then come to REzero.

ElleChii

Ladyluck means nothing.
You must be new to Resident Evil. Not a bad thing, but you should really get into the older ones too. REzero is pretty tough if you are used to RE4 and 5. Go play RE remake or the older playstation1 versions first.. then come to REzero.
I am XD it's tough to play the newer versions with good controls versus playing the older game with bad controls, Well I think it's bad, and i'm sorry but the ink ribbon thing is ridiculous! I need to save as many times as possible to prevent me from eum.. DYING B( it's my main pet peeve with this game, like I said before, good thing I play games for the story, not the gameplay xD

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
I get what you are saying since I started out with the series with both RE4 and 5 before moving to the older ones myself. The tank controls pretty awkward at first, but in time you will get used to it, trust me. Zero is a pretty long one, at least to me anyway (I think Code Verconia X is the longest and then Zero or 3) As for the ink ribbons, its all about just adding on to the suspense of the game. You got to be careful on how many are used, since there is a set limit of them in the games, just like the ammo and just like the herbs/first aid sprays. Otherwise you could run out of them and will be unable to save, shoot or heal especially on the harder difficulties where they become even more scarce then.

But like Mr.Burton had said, if you feel like its too long for ya, go play either of the RE1s; they are fairly short by comparison and are more of the easier games of the series to get into.

Top Bottom