• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Tyrant Steve?

Zacmac90

Remember how Steve turns into a monster and is about to kill Claire but stops just a hair short of doing so, how is it he regains his memory but none of the other tyrants in Resident Evil don't..it just seems weird

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
If my memories are correct, Steve isn't the only one; didn't G-virus-mutated Curtis from Degeneration also remember... something when he found that photo and looked at it with his giant eye? And while Birkin had certainly gone nuts, at least he still remembered who his relatives were.
Then we also have lots of characters who (at least partially) retained their sanity and intelligence after mutating: Wesker, Alexia, Irving, Piers, Carla, Simmons, Morpheus, Manuela and her mother come to my mind, but I never finished RE4, so maybe there's more... Doesn't Krauser qualify as well?
With that said, I think it always depends on the person, the virus, the way the person reacts to the virus, and perhaps even the circumstances of the infection (it does seem so with the C-virus), so there's no definite answer to this question.

ArabPikachu

Steve Burnside was injected with the same virus (T-Veronica virus) as Alexia Ashford

The T-Veronica virus is designed to make its' host retain their intellectual capabilities

Mr. J

Steve wasn't a Tyrant though. A Tyrant series, regardless of model #, was the product of a massive T-virus infusion on a genetically compatible human. Tyrants, especially early models, were quite frankly dumb sub-mindless monsters. That's why Umbrella Paris developed the Nemesis type Tyrant. To increase intelligence and the ability of the creature to follow more complex commands.

Steve was the product of the sadistic experimenting of Alexia. She gave him a large dose of pure T-Veronica virus. Much like she did to her father Alexander. It caused him to rage out. But apparently his love for Claire (I know. As we use to say back in my day, "Gag me with a spoon.") was able to snap him out of it in the nick of time.

It's a nice piece of the B-movie melodrama that has become such a beloved part of RE.

Top Bottom