• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What should we do about the Trophy system?

• Keep it. Shut up Steve.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Keep it and change 'Trophy Points' to something else. Shut up Steve.

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Ditch it... and shut up.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hey hey!

At present, there isn't a great deal of flexibility in the Trophy system. Only in v1.5 of XenForo were admins afforded the option to globally disable the system at its core, and those that visited the forum during the last 12 hours would have probably noticed that it seemingly vanished, but I've since re-enabled it as I thought it'd be best to get some opinions as to whether to keep the system active or not.

Ideally, I'd at the very least like to have them appear as 'S.T.A.R.S. Points' or something more relevant to the Resi franchise, but such a change isn't as straight-forward as I'd like from a functionality standpoint as XenForo doesn't allow this out of the box. Here's where I'm torn: I like the system, but not entirely as it stands currently.

tl;dr: Trophy system, likey or no likey?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I say keep it as well. I think changing it to something Resi related would be cool, though if it really is that hard then leaving as is wouldn't be too bad. Uh, this wasn't much of a reply. I'm just taking up space on the page now. I'll stop before the pitchforks and torches come out.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Too late, I already threw a pitchfork your way. And a torch. Do I get extra trophy (or STARS) points for throwing stuff at people? If not, I take them back.

Changing the name to something RE-related would be cool, but whether that's possible or not, I'd say keep the points in any case. They're not really useful for anything other than distinguishing between the long-term/active members and the rest, but it always feels good to get a notification of something new you've accomplished on the website, and to have a list of those accomplishments to look at. We have post and like counts which, when you think about it, don't really matter either, but they're also not harmful in any way, so why not keep the trophy points as well. It makes this site a little more unique.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I agree, I think we should keep the trophy system. It adds a fun aspect to the forum and the RE related names for each trophy are cool, and also distinguish the forum. If it's possible to make it even more RE related then great, but if that's too difficult or impossible to implement then I think just leave it as it is. :)

Meg

So bin ich eben
They don't really serve any purpose, and we already have the "like" system. I say get rid.

Also, shut up Steve.

Last edited:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

98ab8m.jpg

315fj90.jpg

el1sv7.jpg

Oh the memories! <3
I dug these up because I wanted to see and show an example of a S.T.A.R.S. badge. It had various ranks, this one is a Chief. The other badges weren't too bad either!

I want to keep the trophies, but we could call it something else. I also want to cut off at least one digit, so that 10,000 points becomes 1,000 points.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Most people that appear on the leader board for top things usually have the same position roughly on the trophy board too so I don't think it makes much difference

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I like the points. It always makes me feel special when I get notifications because I've gotten more points...yeah I have no life. But seriously; the points are alright in my book. Changing the name to something more Resident Evil-y might be cool but even if you can't, me likey the points.

And don't shut up. You're the over-lord-leader-person of our dysfunctional little family. :love:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't have a strong position either way - I've never paid much attention to the trophy points to be honest. I'd be game for anything the majority of members would like.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'd say keep it but changed them to ranks or something if that is possible? For example someone would start out as a "Zombie" and work their way up xD There could be ranks for all sorts of B.O.W's. "Hunters", "Lickers", "Cerberus's" You name it :p

Top Bottom