• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toughest Resident evil male and female?

T.A.L.O.S

Gym, Resident Evil, Sleep & Repeat
Okay so who do think was the overall most versatile and toughest id say Chris redfield myself, and i shall explain why i chose him.

Chris Redfield: Firstly to begin with he's a muscle bound juggernaut, immense strength (Boulder smashing comes to mind & falcon punch 'Re5') he's the captain of the BSAA who are a highly trained anti bio terrorism squad, way above the likes of the standard military. Also was a great marksman with a marksman of the year award trophy ( A little gem found in Res 1 in the stars office.) survived the mansion incident, survived overwhelming odds in Africa, and survived other scenarios including code veronica, revelations ship & Estonia & Japan? Overpowered Leon during Res6 many people will flame me for this but during the scuffle chris landed two knee blows, and a mighty throw which made Leon panic and draw his gun. That's all i can think of so far, oh and also he's picky with his steak ;p

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I honestly think that Chris and Jill are the toughest male and female protagonists we have.

Jill is pretty self-explanatory and I'm sure not many people would argue that Claire is tougher than Miss. Valentine, even though her acts are very outstanding considering that she's merely a civilian in just about every one of her appearances but I know a lot of people have a problem with Chris.

Which, in all actuality, is why they fleshed Leon out the way they did so that there would be two male protagonists but with different approaches and personalities.

I chose Chris over Leon because Chris is all about the job; he doesn't let anything get in his way and he's very focused. Chris has been through so much and the fact that he's still trucking is very commendable. He doesn't let his personal feelings (aside from: "well yeah, but" a'la Resident Evil 5) get in the way of the mission objective like Leon seems to have a very serious problem with. I know that no-nonsense, the mission is everything attitude might earn Chris the title of jar-head to some but I find it very admirable that seemingly nothing can sway him.

Despite my grievances with Resident Evil 6 and how it treated Chris, I must admire him for even taking part in that particular outbreak to begin with. I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he'd wanted to stay drunk in that bar while everyone and their grandmother was out saving the world. I would have if I had been him. The man went through the entire game confused with amnesia/partial amnesia, some young buck with a serious case of hero worship riding his ass the entire time and the guilt of the death of his team on his head and still persevered.

I think that makes Chris tougher than just about anyone else in the series.

T.A.L.O.S

Gym, Resident Evil, Sleep & Repeat
Couldn't have worded your summary of Chris any better. His a man of his word and is an absolute freight train when he has a mission at hand. Also i wondered, Chris wad a state during Resident Evil 6, practically an abusive drunk, from what I've seen of him during Africa he was in his prime, as Leon was in his prime during his las plagas episode in Europe. During 6 Leon was also a bit muffled and disturbed due to having to kill his good friend the president. If say Chris and Leon were both in their prime from 4&5 during the time of 6 i personally think both together as partners they would stomp the task at hand without the aid of jake. Imagine Chris & Leon tag teaming ustinak O-0 jake muller was too overpowered to be honest he should of been nerfed. But this being said we all know two alphas like Chris & Leon cannot co exists, hence they've never been in action side by side or even in the same proximity.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I have never been a proponent of Chris and Leon sharing a Resi title. There was absolutely no need to have them both in the same game and the end result was a disaster. They're too different, they have two separate approaches and two alpha males in one title makes my head hurt.
Also, I love Jake so I wouldn't be able to agree with you on that one. :love:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I didn't have to think about this twice when I read the thread title - Chris and Jill, hands down. Sure, Leon and Ada have also been through a lot, but none of it really seems to get to them, it's like they're invincible and never walk out of anything empty-handed. You could argue that this is what makes them tough, and you wouldn't be wrong, but personally, I'm more impressed by people who keep fighting under extreme emotional stress, than by those who aren't even affected by it. Chris keeps losing people he cares about and Jill survived being mind-raped for three years, among other things. In Jill's case, we have yet to see how this last ordeal has affected her (I would be pi$$ed off if she was totally cool with it), but no matter how it turns out, said ordeal still seems a lot worse than Leon's lovesickness, Ada's identity theft, and many of the other characters' issues.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Chris and Jill.
Chris is constantly surviving and fighting to save the world from Bio -Terrorist. He is very protective of Claire. He can survive through anything. He is the perfect soldier.

Jill...is the toughest female I've ever seen on any video game; She killed NEMESIS for crying out loud!!!!!

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think Chris and Jill are probably the toughest Resident Evil characters, with Ada coming a close second to Jill. There's a reason that they're two of the highest ranking people in the BSAA.

Reactions: Hel

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I think Chris and Jill are probably the toughest Resident Evil characters, with Ada coming a close second to Jill. There's a reason that they're two of the highest ranking people in the BSAA.
BSAA are not good only piers waste of talent piers very tough he should be alone and never die i cry and i admitted when piers die it was tragic to me...anyhow jill not tough at least when she was controled by wesker.after that she was normal to me nothing new.just old jill

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well Chris punches boulders, so there's no debate in that. As for female . . . Either Ada or Jill

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
"This game [RE4] solidifies Leon as a pussy. Leon runs from boulders, but Chris punches them!"

-- SomecallmeJohnny
BrainScratchComms, Resident Evil 4

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I don't think it's an issue if it implies cowardice.
dont worry i will not show fear at least that you wish for....you seems talk with such a lang hear and talking trash also i wander if you realy resident evil fan or what?!!!! leon not a pussy its about the physical and the army histroy bro leon EX cop and chris EX army...at any rate leons move not overrated like chris punch zombiez and died what a joke even 5 year boy will not believe it hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
You're taking this too seriously. Just because I'm a fan of a particular series doesn't mean I can't poke fun at it occasionally. RE's not flawless, the story and its characters aren't flawless. I'm not going to pretend like they're perfect just because I happen to really like it. I'm going to joke about them when I see something humourous.

I think people who get all bent out of shape when somebody pokes fun at something's shortcomings are being disingenuous.

PLUS: I was quoting somebody else
"This game [RE4] solidifies Leon as a pussy. Leon runs from boulders, but Chris punches them!"

-- SomecallmeJohnny
BrainScratchComms, Resident Evil 4

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
You're taking this too seriously. Just because I'm a fan of a particular series doesn't mean I can't poke fun at it occasionally. RE's not flawless, the story and its characters aren't flawless. I'm not going to pretend like they're perfect just because I happen to really like it. I'm going to joke about them when I see something humourous.

I think people who get all bent out of shape when somebody pokes fun at something's shortcomings are being disingenuous.

PLUS: I was quoting somebody else
well well thin!! [/QUOTE] smart guy

Top Bottom