• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Tips on dealing with Norman (first encounter)

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
would be appreciated! as i find myself being knocked around, when ever i try to run away from when he does that punch the ground thing, i am finding it irking :rolleyes:

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
apparantly, this is just another case of the try not to get hit and hit him with the most powerful weapon you've got, hitting him on his weak spots

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
nevermind....i have eliminated this annoying pester, i literally said "take that you bech" huh, interesting to say i also said this when i eliminated Albert Wesker on RE5 in his Final form *ha haa*

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Yeah It took me a few attempts
I managed to put him down with my final bullet :O

You gotta shoot his exposed heart when he teleports

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i died A LOT of times before i realized a plan to Actually do Actual damage to him and eliminate this pester! *ha haa*

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
If you open the weapons chest everytime hes about to hit you youll be invulnerable to hits then close chest after his swing and you can attack with out taking any damage. Then when it gets too hard for you have those meds saved up for battle, use a leveled up shot gun or if you are lucky and saved a missle launcher its easy!

sadistic_greyfox

my advice is using the semi auto shotgun for the first bit. around the time he charges you dodge and use the python. he ****ed me off,

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
any how my problem is resolved, as i have said on this post i have Eliminated this pester, but this could be a tips thread for dealing with Norman *ha haa*

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
In infernal (it took about 10attempts lol) I used:

Hydra
Magnum - python
Sniper Rifle

My magnum and sniper both had charge shot on

I started off with the shotgun until I got into his pattern then I used the magnum and snipers charge shot when I k EE he would appear in front of me.

The final section of the battle where he charges you is what kept killing me though, that's so hard to evade

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i am surprised that there isn't a rocket launcher around the Actual stage, where as in RE5 when you are on the ship i believe when you encounter Excella on the second encounter, there is a satellite guided weapon to be accessed to via a key-card....but being on topic i have exterminated Norman with the M401 [i think that is what the sniper rifle is called]. but fair enough there one segment you are up against a B.O.W. on a half sunken ship, while a BSAA helicopter pilot is assisting you by dropping a crate with a rocket launcher

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
My first try, I died still trying to figure out how to kill him. By the time I figured out his weak spot on his back, I had already used up all my herbs, so it was too late. I did get him on my second try, though. I didn't think he was THAT hard. Though, I was only playing on normal difficulty.

I used a rocket launcher I had previously picked up to start out, just to open up his weak spot on his chest. After that, I made use of both the Python and shotgun.

Diva

Me and my sweet ass is on the way!
Well even as you beated him already, i'm a master in doding really, and i find ihm pretty easy to counter.
in the first rounds where he is teleporting. you just wait for him to do that,
as soon he has teleported near you he will reveal hes weak spots (the heart) shoot it and he will be knocked back
you can also shoot him on hes back, (know this that you know howm uch health he got left as the color of that thing on the back wll turn orange, and red when hes really low)

at the other stages where he stats to make clones, well the way to know the real one is
1) he will reveal hes heart again
2) he will show a purple haze or something from hes mouth (thats the real one)

when he starts to triple teleport and the 2 first clones comes,
te first 2 you just wait to pass, once he appears, he will appear from behind you, just make a quick turn and shoot him fast on the heart to knock him off again.

Now the tricky part, now hes really angry and will start rushing towards you instead,
but i find it easy aswell, the trick is to dodge him here, just when hes near you and will start hitting you have to be quick and dodge him, and make a quick turn to shoot him on the back, do this a few times until he starts to crounch, and he will be dead in no time.

Make sure that you are using shotguns for the first stages in teleporting etc, which makes it easy for you to hit him,
just use all your ammos.

and the very last fight which is harder, use a assault rifle to kill him fast from behind.

(i post this so that other players also knows how to beat him faster and easier)

otherwise when he starts to use triple teleport
u can use your stash to dodge him too,
once he starts and the 3rd appears to hit you open your stash and close it, and he wont hit you. ^_^

Sass-Haunted

The Best and the shortest way "How To Break Norman's Heart " XD
Shotgun, Sniper Rifle and Magnum.
Don't Use grenades, they are not working.

To defeat him You need to shoot in heart, when it shows run around and dodge if necessary.
Reload gun after every shot, highly recommended is to reload this while You're on the run.
Norman needs to back off after shot, because if he don't he will attack you.

Part 1
Run around until he will appear in front of You.
His heart shows right before he will attack You. If You see this, shoot and run away.
But only when Normans backs off.
Repeat this activity as long as he will start to speak some nonsense about Morgan.

Part 2
After all Norman starts to use his hologram, you need to know that clone attacks You first,
Then Real tyrant does so. You need to have your eyes wide open because sometimes You don't know
which one is real, especially when they are staying in one line.
Tactic is the same, You see heart You shoot and run away.

Part 3 (Most complicated)
You need to know how to dodge, because Norman may attack You on the Run.
Then don't try to shoot, prepare Yourself to dodge.
When he is standing with heart wide opened, you know what to do.

BOWremover

I just killed him with two herbs left over on infernal mode. Here's my strategy.

1. The first two phases become easy with much practice but here's something you may not be doing - when shooting normans heart and he staggers - instead of continuing to shoot him, scan the entire room and collect everything you can. If you use a herb, stagger him again so you can scan him for another or pick one up. And DO NOT use your assault rifle yet! Ensure your assault rifle has the best damage, fire rate and anything else you can equip to it.

2. Now we're at phase three. Get your assault rifle out and unload on his heart. Forget trying to dodge. It's too risky relying on flimsy mechanics. Instead when he comes toward you, make a 75 degree turn either left or right and run forward. And when he starts telepOrting, he will always port in front of you right? Well if you have a good feel of the game you can sense when he is about to appear in front of you. Keep making your 75 degree turns until you know you have successfully evaded the real Norman's attacks.

Top Bottom