• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Thoughts on the Dummy Finger

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Yeah, though it probably would've been a little more of a difficult decision to make RE7 a first-person game if the Survivor and Chronicles games weren't first-person/didn't happen, it also probably would've been more of a difficult decision had the more recent horror games not been first-person.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
its a bad move to hit a down ward spiral everything new from capcom this gen is complete garbage except for dead rising 3 aand 4 looks great back to their roots for sure!

Edge

Guys, the finger totally belongs to Phoenix Wright. Umbrella hired Shelly deKiller to finish him off after refusing to represent Wesker at court.

In all seriousness, it's interesting that Capcom put a lot of thought into RE7's demo, especially when you consider that it's not related to the full game, according to the. Gives the demo more depth imo, hopefully we'll get a answer about this finger soon.

I don't know what Capcom did to hurt you but please calm down!
Can't say I blame him; Capcom left Rockman behind on the moon during a galactic field trip.

meg5493

Guys, the finger totally belongs to Phoenix Wright. Umbrella hired Shelly deKiller to finish him off after refusing to represent Wesker at court.

Can't say I blame him; Capcom left Rockman behind on the moon during a galactic field trip.
I mean honestly compared to like back in 2010-2013 they've gotten marginally better with their IP's compared to like Konami which has all but jumped ship to pachislot and mobile markets.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
LMAO if that's true then Capcom is mean! XD :happy:

I played the demo once but I'm interested to explore again to see what I missed.
If you have discovered the axe, fuse, attic area, ghost and got all variants of the phone call then there's probably nothing else to explore. However, the RE 7 photogrammetry presentation revealed this screenshot. The white door in the attic is unboarded as opposed in current demo suggesting that there's at least one more room to go. So who knows maybe there will be a new demo or an update for the current one. I feel like we'll get something at TGS.

Screenshot-8_28_2016-8_55_14-AM.jpg

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
If you have discovered the axe, fuse, attic area, ghost and got all variants of the phone call then there's probably nothing else to explore. However, the RE 7 photogrammetry presentation revealed this screenshot. The white door in the attic is unboarded as opposed in current demo suggesting that there's at least one more room to go. So who knows maybe there will be a new demo or an update for the current one. I feel like we'll get something at TGS.

Screenshot-8_28_2016-8_55_14-AM.jpg

I've tried for so long to get into the ****ing door after they revealed there. There as to be something. Some of us believe that if you burn the dummy finger. It's a key that will open that door.

Rafterman

If axe does nothing and the finger opens one of the three doors locked or inaccessible in the house, then how can one remove the boards from those doors?

Now, it's possible that Capcom might update the demo to further explore the derelict house but -- nevermind. Sorry my mind just wondered off. Lol

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Okay. So the new demo has a few new things. Slight development with the finger. This post has spoilers about the demo, so continue at your own risk.

There is a new room behind the room with the telephone, the phone no longer rings as soon as you go upstairs. In the new room, behind some TVs is a hand to combine the dummy finger with. It also has part of a thumb attached. There is a message on the wall near where the hand is found that says, 'Five guests murdered, but where is unknown. Nothing to point to their final gravestones'. Now, since we have a finger and thumb, the hand is now making a pointing gesture. No idea what to do past that, though.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Some more new things I noticed with this demo:

When you answer the phone, it appears you always get Family Guy to appear and punch you after the call. Also, the telephone lady has a new message:

Lady: Did you find what you were looking for?
Us: Who's this? What the **** is going on?
Lady: What do you mean? Everything seems fine to me. Just remember... All doors can be opened. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be doors.
Us: What?
Lady: But some doors must remain closed—for now.

I also found two lots of handgun ammo in the new room and a basement key. Though none of the doors in the house seem to be opened by the basement key. There's a locked door above the ladder in this room. I guess this is what the telephone lady meant about doors being locked.

The door at the end of the downstairs hallway near the living room is still inaccessible, but it's now covered in goo. You can walk up to it and rattle it, and then you hear groaning noises like a monster is behind it. Also, if you step back and look at the door for a few seconds, you'll hear it rattle.

I haven't managed to get any of the ghost girls to appear. Maybe they got rid of them?

There are new Family photos.

Gonna have a few more tries and see if I can get anything else. I confess myself disappointed, though. I thought there would be more than this.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Updates for a demo? This is madness! What's next, dlc for demos? :p

@Jen Thx for the info. Didn't feel like downloading the demo again after how short it originally was. Doesn't sound like this update adds that much.
There are going to be even more updates for the demo haha. They're not done yet. They're probably doing it this way so that they don't give too much away and they're playing their cards close to their chests.

You're welcome! It really doesn't add much. I'm surprised because it was a fairly large update for one extra room and a few extras added in the house...

Top Bottom