• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Thoughts on the Dummy Finger

meg5493

God what do you even use this item for anybody have any idea's on this? I'm 60% sure its a key and that you just have to melt the mannequin part off. So to the people who have beaten the teaser, thoughts?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The axe and the dummy finger are driving me mad, seriously. If the demo isn't a slice of the actual game, it means that the finger must have some use in the demo. Unless Capcom genuinely forgot about it and are now laughing their backsides off about it. :p

Anyone seen the ghost girls as well?

IntoxNitram

Oh I would hate it but also find it hilarious if it did nothing. Your right though, it looks like a key. Nothing seems to work though. Out of interest, has anyone tried putting it in the fuse box in place of the fuse? That seems like it would melt it.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I haven't played the demo. but from what i've seen i think that there is some sort of a sequence of actions that you must follow.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
There's people on gamefaqs going with the theory that you need to do certain things. Like apparently something about headphones and turning up the volume of stuff around them to 7 and you hear a click. Also a sink you can turn the water off and you get the same click. People think there's 7 things you need to do.

meg5493

Yeah goes along with the 7 dolls hanging too, I've seen posts like that as well it stems from the convoluted things you had to do in PT to get the ending. I don't know if Capcom will go the same route or not but I think its fun.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
giphy.gif

meg5493

Do the headphones even do anything tho?? I know some people are taking it as a hint to use headphones with the game/ or change around the sound settings.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I've tried putting the dummy finger in the fuse box. You can't do that. I also turned on the power and tried sticking the dummy finger into the electrical socket. You need the axe to break the boxes to get behind the mannequins. It didn't work, but I get the feeling that the electrical socket there is important and/or has something to do with it. If I recall correctly. You can see the wires go to it.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Items cannot be used anywhere you want them too. There has to be a prompt first.
For example
You can put the bolt cutters in your hotbar and try to quick select them on the chain but they won't do anything, the inventory menu use icon also won't work. You need to examine the chain to bring up the inventory automatically, and then they will be usable.

The microwave only has one function, to open and close the door, same with the fridge, and drawer.

The cooking pot can only be examined once in the present and per vhs run.

The piano can only be interacted with once in the present and not at all in the past.

It has been confirmed there is a room behind the barricaded door in the attic sure to a glitch which removes the door but not the barricade.

Top Bottom